[Official] EVGA Classified & K|NGP|N Owner's Club - Page 339 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] EVGA Classified & K|NGP|N Owner's Club

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #3381 of 21414 (permalink) Old 11-01-2013, 07:21 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
oldmanmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 83
Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Hey guys... so my EVbot is no longer recognizing my 2nd card. I haven't touched the thing in a couple months, when it always worked flawlessly.

Has anyone else experienced their EVbot not recognizing "VGA 2" slot where a card is attached? It just shows the "VCORE, VPLL, VDD, VDDQ" options that don't apply to the GPU. When i load my previous profiles it only says "VGA 1 OK" instead of VGA 1 then VGA 2 OK.

Any ideas? I reinstalled the EVbot firmware to no avail.

oldmanmax is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3382 of 21414 (permalink) Old 11-01-2013, 07:33 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
daysofdre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 5
Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrii View Post

I just received my GTX 780 Classified couple of days ago and have benched it a bit now. I'm not sure if I should just return this one and buy another one after testing this card.

Earlier I flashed skynet's LN2 bios and the max stable core OC for this card seems to still be only 1254-1267Mhz when using 1.2125V. Valley and BF4 are artifacting or crashing completely when going beyond that. Of course I could up the voltage more but then the temps will get somewhat high and I don't really want to always use the software voltage tool every time when starting a game etc. With 1306Mhz and 1.25V I could still see artifacts when running Valley and the card doesn't seem stable. I'm not planning to put the card under water so that's not a solution to this..

The memory on this card is stable at 7300-7400Mhz so that's very nice, but it seems I just can't get the core to OC better. And at the same it seems that a lot of people are getting something like 1333-1350Mhz on air and under 1.25V. Or do I just imagine that? My card's ASIC quality is 74,9% so doesn't seem to be that bad but yeah..

We must be batch-buddies cause I got the same thing. I can OC the memory to 7400 no problem, core wont OC worth a damn. ASIC quality 76% on the dot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameyscott View Post

I have seen a lot of people complaining the last few days about their cards not hitting as high as they want. Well, that's kinda how it is. It's complete luck of the draw. Just because you bought a Classified doesn't mean it will OC well. Same with buying an unlocked processor. EVGA and Intel are not guaranteeing you the clocks you want. They are just allowing you to OC past the factory specs.

Yep, I don't think it needs to be re-stated, everybody here understands that overclocking is based on the batch lotto. But it doesnt mean we have to take it either. I spent the extra money to get a card I can oc. I could go to amazonwarehouse and get a superclocked 780 w/ acx cooler for $450. Unfortunately, this card will have to go back and amazon warehouse/the next customer/whatever they do with the card will have to deal with it.
daysofdre is offline  
post #3383 of 21414 (permalink) Old 11-01-2013, 08:07 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Tbolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 88
Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
how are you guys getting higher than 1.2 volts? I want to see what my cards will do on 1.3v or more.

Thanks in advanced!

Tbolo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3384 of 21414 (permalink) Old 11-01-2013, 08:15 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
jameyscott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Maryville, TN
Posts: 4,799
Rep: 242 (Unique: 182)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolo View Post

how are you guys getting higher than 1.2 volts? I want to see what my cards will do on 1.3v or more.

Thanks in advanced!

Read the OP. Classified Controller or EVbot
jameyscott is offline  
post #3385 of 21414 (permalink) Old 11-02-2013, 01:37 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Eggy88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,342
Rep: 117 (Unique: 92)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanmax View Post

Hey guys... so my EVbot is no longer recognizing my 2nd card. I haven't touched the thing in a couple months, when it always worked flawlessly.

Has anyone else experienced their EVbot not recognizing "VGA 2" slot where a card is attached? It just shows the "VCORE, VPLL, VDD, VDDQ" options that don't apply to the GPU. When i load my previous profiles it only says "VGA 1 OK" instead of VGA 1 then VGA 2 OK.

Any ideas? I reinstalled the EVbot firmware to no avail.

It says that when it's not detecting the unit. Make sure that the cable is attached properly. Mine has a habit of getting loose on the gpu side. Other then that try another cable.


Eggy88 is offline  
post #3386 of 21414 (permalink) Old 11-02-2013, 04:19 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
sandboarder08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Jonkoping, Sweden/Georgia, USA
Posts: 178
Rep: 9 (Unique: 7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anticommon View Post

Man I'm not sure if it's BF4 or my card is just sucking hard, but I get constant crashes in BF4, even after lowering my clock speeds constantly. My cards runs beautifully at much higher clockspeeds on BF3, but BF4? No way jose. And it's the worst crashes - the game runs perfectly, temps are good, no artifacts, and then after an hour or two WHAM! battlefield stops responding or my PC locks up entirely. I just don't get it anymore.


yeah not the cards i ran my 670 ftw and it still does the same as the classy
sandboarder08 is offline  
post #3387 of 21414 (permalink) Old 11-02-2013, 04:32 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
pharma57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 436
Rep: 12 (Unique: 9)
An FYI on a possible upcoming 780 TI ....
Quote:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti special black edition
While the original GTX 780 Ti will run at 876/928 MHz clocks, the exclusive special edition will boost to 1000/1033 MHz (unconfirmed). Both variants will have the same memory clock of 7 GHz. The clock speeds are not the only difference. The faster GTX 780 TI has no TDP limit (at least on paper). This card is basically what Uber Mode is to R9 290X, only here you get higher clocks and more memory.

According to our sources, GeForce GTX 780 Ti will arrive with black cooler, so this is more than just a new BIOS.

The rest of the specs shouldn’t really change much. I don’t know if this card is going to be released along with 3GB models, all we know for certain, is that it will not be cheap.
http://videocardz.com/47530/nvidia-geforce-gtx-780-ti-also-special-edition

My guess is eVGA will probably make a "Classified" & "FTW" version as well. biggrin.gif







pharma57 is offline  
post #3388 of 21414 (permalink) Old 11-02-2013, 05:11 AM
Retired but not dead!
 
mcg75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7,434
Rep: 311 (Unique: 231)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrii View Post

I just received my GTX 780 Classified couple of days ago and have benched it a bit now. I'm not sure if I should just return this one and buy another one after testing this card.

Earlier I flashed skynet's LN2 bios and the max stable core OC for this card seems to still be only 1254-1267Mhz when using 1.2125V. Valley and BF4 are artifacting or crashing completely when going beyond that. Of course I could up the voltage more but then the temps will get somewhat high and I don't really want to always use the software voltage tool every time when starting a game etc. With 1306Mhz and 1.25V I could still see artifacts when running Valley and the card doesn't seem stable. I'm not planning to put the card under water so that's not a solution to this..

The memory on this card is stable at 7300-7400Mhz so that's very nice, but it seems I just can't get the core to OC better. And at the same it seems that a lot of people are getting something like 1333-1350Mhz on air and under 1.25V. Or do I just imagine that? My card's ASIC quality is 74,9% so doesn't seem to be that bad but yeah..

Complete luck of the draw dude.

My first Classy would artifact in the 1241-1254 mhz range. More voltage would let me get to 1267 mhz.

I RMA'd because of fan noise. The new one hits 1320 mhz at 1.212v no problem.

But here's the important part. Your 1267 mhz and my 1320 mhz at 1.212v are giving the same gameplay experience.
mcg75 is offline  
post #3389 of 21414 (permalink) Old 11-02-2013, 05:25 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
nrii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 9
Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcg75 View Post

Complete luck of the draw dude.

My first Classy would artifact in the 1241-1254 mhz range. More voltage would let me get to 1267 mhz.

I RMA'd because of fan noise. The new one hits 1320 mhz at 1.212v no problem.

But here's the important part. Your 1267 mhz and my 1320 mhz at 1.212v are giving the same gameplay experience.

Yeah, I know it's complete luck of the draw how much the card will OC. I actually also have some strange noise coming from the fans or the heat fins when the fans are on certain RPM. Might be the same problem discussed earlier on the EVGA forum and here. And you are right, there's not much difference on the gameplay experience between those clocks.

The BF4 crash situation is really frustrating but that might be just a problem with the game itself. I got random DirectX GetDeviceRemovedReason errors a lot now and after that the game won't start without reboot.
nrii is offline  
post #3390 of 21414 (permalink) Old 11-02-2013, 06:25 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Tbolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 88
Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Tbolo is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off