[Official] EVGA Classified & K|NGP|N Owner's Club - Page 342 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] EVGA Classified & K|NGP|N Owner's Club

post #3411 of 21419 (permalink) Old 11-02-2013, 03:36 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofmyheadyo View Post

What do you guys think how much will the 780Ti classified will be once its out ?

I keep hearing 699 but that is still speculation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3412 of 21419 (permalink) Old 11-02-2013, 03:43 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 16 (Unique: 15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyn3t View Post

yes you can flash the vBios from this thread to any classy.

Even when nvflash detects a different pci card id (or something like that)? That showed up when I tried to flash your last 80.80.* (mine is 80.10.*), it asked me to explicitely type "YES", so I chickened out.

post #3413 of 21419 (permalink) Old 11-02-2013, 04:06 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 591 (Unique: 374)
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0l4n View Post

Even when nvflash detects a different pci card id (or something like that)? That showed up when I tried to flash your last 80.80.* (mine is 80.10.*), it asked me to explicitely type "YES", so I chickened out.

Yes.

♦░▒▓█▓█ [Official] EVGA 780 Ti Classified k|ngp|n Owner's Club] █▓█▓▒░♦
♦░▒█▓▒░♦ [Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Ti Owner's Club] ♦░▒█▓▒░♦
-=]░▒▓███ [Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Owner's Club ███▓▒░[=-
█▓▒█▓♦ [Official] NVIDIA GTX 980 Owner's Club ♦█▓▒█▓
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3414 of 21419 (permalink) Old 11-02-2013, 05:41 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 10 (Unique: 9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westfield, Ma View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by eduncan911 View Post

EVGA GTX 780 Dual Bios Classified

GPU-Z verification link: http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/9nh8k/

Note the "Subvendor:EVGA (3842 - 1788)". Compare that to the others in the original post, where they all say 3842 - 3788 (at least the ones I clicked on).

Should I "force" your bios even though it doesn't match?

I noticed in your original post asking about your cards that you said your bios was 80.80.21.00.80, but when you look at your validation link it is 80.80.21.01.80. Was your validation after you flashed a custom bios?

I currently have a evga 780gtx classy that I bought off of Amazon on 10/25/13 and I have 80.80.21.00.80 as my bios. I searched the thread and didn't see any for my card. Should i be flashing a specific one?

Here's my validation link.

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/dhsem/

Thanks

I've had four Classys come in and out of here due to RMAs and friends wanting to buy one before I even popped the cherry. Now that you mention it, yes it would seem there are indeed two versions. All versions I've posted were copy-n-pastes, so there was no type-os.

Perhaps that newer one is the one that EVGA_Jacob posted a few pages ago? The one that fixes some sync issue with Asus monitors? One card may have came with that already.
post #3415 of 21419 (permalink) Old 11-02-2013, 05:47 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by eduncan911 View Post

I've had four Classys come in and out of here due to RMAs and friends wanting to buy one before I even popped the cherry. Now that you mention it, yes it would seem there are indeed two versions. All versions I've posted were copy-n-pastes, so there was no type-os.

Perhaps that newer one is the one that EVGA_Jacob posted a few pages ago? The one that fixes some sync issue with Asus monitors? One card may have came with that already.

I believe 00 is normal vBios and 01 is LN2 vBios, but don't quote me on this, it was like that in my card.

post #3416 of 21419 (permalink) Old 11-02-2013, 05:59 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote:

I believe 00 is normal vBios and 01 is LN2 vBios, but don't quote me on this, it was like that in my card.

you are correct, i just confirmed it by switching the bios on my card. thanks,

post #3417 of 21419 (permalink) Old 11-02-2013, 06:20 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

Yes.

I have now flashed the 80.80.* and seems I can reach higher memory overclock. Thanks! The only downside, and a big one, is when I raise the voltage to 1.212v it just stays there until you actively change it again. Bottom line, it does not idle at 0.9v anymore but at 1.212v (the clocks go down as usually). Any way you could look into this in your next version?

post #3418 of 21419 (permalink) Old 11-02-2013, 07:02 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 591 (Unique: 374)
Quote:

I have now flashed the 80.80.* and seems I can reach higher memory overclock. Thanks! The only downside, and a big one, is when I raise the voltage to 1.212v it just stays there until you actively change it again. Bottom line, it does not idle at 0.9v anymore but at 1.212v (the clocks go down as usually). Any way you could look into this in your next version?

you just run over on your words now lol.

when you raise the voltage to 1.212v it will stay there till you down voltage again. if you change the clock offset or not it will be there, so this is not a problem. your GPU is going to clock down as is supposed to with voltage too if you not set it to 1.212v. when you set the fixed voltage it won't come down by itself. wink.gif

♦░▒▓█▓█ [Official] EVGA 780 Ti Classified k|ngp|n Owner's Club] █▓█▓▒░♦
♦░▒█▓▒░♦ [Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Ti Owner's Club] ♦░▒█▓▒░♦
-=]░▒▓███ [Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Owner's Club ███▓▒░[=-
█▓▒█▓♦ [Official] NVIDIA GTX 980 Owner's Club ♦█▓▒█▓
post #3419 of 21419 (permalink) Old 11-02-2013, 07:09 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

you just run over on your words now lol.

when you raise the voltage to 1.212v it will stay there till you down voltage again. if you change the clock offset or not it will be there, so this is not a problem. your GPU is going to clock down as is supposed to with voltage too if you not set it to 1.212v. when you set the fixed voltage it won't come down by itself. wink.gif

Okay, so that's actually a feature. It confused me, other versions of your vBios don't do that. Another difference is that this one goes to 0.925v when you click the voltage reset button, and other versions go to 1.150v.

I actually prefer the voltage to come down by itself when there's no load, no matter what you set.

Thanks anyway.

post #3420 of 21419 (permalink) Old 11-02-2013, 08:27 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by WY20 View Post

Any reason why when I flash any ln2 bios, custom or stock, on my card, nothing changes with precision as far as power target and voltage. It's stuck at 110% power target and voltage blanked out. I've tried unplugging everything, different bios, uninstalling precision, clean install of nv driver, basically everything. mu9hljzI know the flashes are working bc I see the new bios in gpuz. Any help would be appreciated. My end goal is to flash skys newer custom ver3 bios. tappin from the Nexus 4
Did you --protectoff for the eeprom?
Yes I did, not at first, but I realized I forgot. It worked the first time when I first flashed v2, but I was having trouble with the v2 bios, everything worked in precision though. Now flashing any bios results in nothing whatsoever, other than it showing up in gpuz. I'm stumped!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in