[Official] EVGA Classified & K|NGP|N Owner's Club - Page 4 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] EVGA Classified & K|NGP|N Owner's Club

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #31 of 21419 (permalink) Old 07-21-2013, 11:24 PM
Pigeon Poop Enthusiast
 
wholeeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 4,161
Rep: 254 (Unique: 187)
Make sure you are doing the various driver tweaks for Valley.

{CPU} i9-9900K @ Stock {MB} Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro {Ram} HyperX Predator 64GB DDR4 3200
{GPU} Sapphire RTX 580 Nitro {Case} TT P3 {PSU} Evga SuperNova 1200W P2 {Fans} Corsair ML120 Pros
{Rads}EKWB XE 360 {Pump} EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 {Blocks} EK Supremacy Evo {Monitors} Acer XB270HU (G-Sync) & Asus PB278Q
{Keyboard}
Corsair K70 Reds {Mouse} EVGA Torq X5 Optical
Foxhound
(17 items)
CPU
i7 7700K
Motherboard
Asus Z270G
GPU
Zotac GTX 1080 FE
RAM
EVGA DDR4 SC SuperClocked
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 EVO
Power Supply
EVGA 1200 P2
Cooling
EKWB XE 360
Cooling
EK-XRES 140 Revo D5
Cooling
EKWB EK-Supremacy EVO Water Block - Nickel
Cooling
EKWB Nickel Plexi FC-1080
Cooling
Corsair ML120 x3
Case
ThermalTake P3
Operating System
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Acer XB270HU
Monitor
Asus PB278Q
Keyboard
Corsair K70
Mouse
EVGA Torq X5
▲ hide details ▲
wholeeo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 21419 (permalink) Old 07-21-2013, 11:26 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Purgatory
Posts: 2,280
Rep: 125 (Unique: 82)
Quote:
Originally Posted by strong island 1 View Post

people in the 780 thread are saying I'm crazy for using the TI bios but for some reason it's the best. The classified is a 780 so why shouldn't it work. All modded bios off of stock bios were throttling. Once I used TI bios there was no more throttling. I am glad I tried it because it should work perfect with evbot because I wasn't even close to throttling using it.

It would have been nice if the people saying you are crazy would have helped you with your bios. wink.gif
Keep up the good work, and please keep posting your results, challenges, etc. it helps us all who are considering a non ref 780. thumb.gif

Simplicity
provost is offline  
post #33 of 21419 (permalink) Old 07-21-2013, 11:29 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
skyn3t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Germantown MD
Posts: 6,659
Rep: 591 (Unique: 374)
Quote:
Originally Posted by strong island 1 View Post

people in the 780 thread are saying I'm crazy for using the TI bios but for some reason it's the best. The classified is a 780 so why shouldn't it work. All modded bios off of stock bios were throttling. Once I used TI bios there was no more throttling. I am glad I tried it because it should work perfect with evbot because I wasn't even close to throttling using it.

we or I , never said you are crazy in using TI bios on the classy. the thing you try thing out but don't give us a feedback. we are here to help you out you know that. I had posted for you a 200% PT bios in the 780 Owners club , try it and get back to me. just don't let it be like you did with the classy I edited for you you never told that bios worked for you. and i was waiting for your feedback. thumb.gif

♦░▒▓█▓█ [Official] EVGA 780 Ti Classified k|ngp|n Owner's Club] █▓█▓▒░♦
♦░▒█▓▒░♦ [Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Ti Owner's Club] ♦░▒█▓▒░♦
-=]░▒▓███ [Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Owner's Club ███▓▒░[=-
█▓▒█▓♦ [Official] NVIDIA GTX 980 Owner's Club ♦█▓▒█▓
skyn3t is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #34 of 21419 (permalink) Old 07-21-2013, 11:30 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Purgatory
Posts: 2,280
Rep: 125 (Unique: 82)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wholeeo View Post

Make sure you are doing the various driver tweaks for Valley.

Good point , wholeeo. You were one of the first to get 780s and post some nice benches. smile.gif
You still got them, or are u looking to go non ref too?

Simplicity
provost is offline  
post #35 of 21419 (permalink) Old 07-21-2013, 11:37 PM
Pigeon Poop Enthusiast
 
wholeeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 4,161
Rep: 254 (Unique: 187)
Quote:
Originally Posted by provost View Post

Good point , wholeeo. You were one of the first to get 780s and post some nice benches. smile.gif
You still got them, or are u looking to go non ref too?

Still got them. I won't jump to non ref unless water blocks come out for them however I've recently slowed down on the PC side of things and am going full speed on cycling.

{CPU} i9-9900K @ Stock {MB} Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro {Ram} HyperX Predator 64GB DDR4 3200
{GPU} Sapphire RTX 580 Nitro {Case} TT P3 {PSU} Evga SuperNova 1200W P2 {Fans} Corsair ML120 Pros
{Rads}EKWB XE 360 {Pump} EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 {Blocks} EK Supremacy Evo {Monitors} Acer XB270HU (G-Sync) & Asus PB278Q
{Keyboard}
Corsair K70 Reds {Mouse} EVGA Torq X5 Optical
Foxhound
(17 items)
CPU
i7 7700K
Motherboard
Asus Z270G
GPU
Zotac GTX 1080 FE
RAM
EVGA DDR4 SC SuperClocked
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 EVO
Power Supply
EVGA 1200 P2
Cooling
EKWB XE 360
Cooling
EK-XRES 140 Revo D5
Cooling
EKWB EK-Supremacy EVO Water Block - Nickel
Cooling
EKWB Nickel Plexi FC-1080
Cooling
Corsair ML120 x3
Case
ThermalTake P3
Operating System
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Acer XB270HU
Monitor
Asus PB278Q
Keyboard
Corsair K70
Mouse
EVGA Torq X5
▲ hide details ▲
wholeeo is offline  
post #36 of 21419 (permalink) Old 07-21-2013, 11:40 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Purgatory
Posts: 2,280
Rep: 125 (Unique: 82)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wholeeo View Post

Still got them. I won't jump to non ref unless water blocks come out for them however I've recently slowed down on the PC side of things and am going full speed on cycling.
Road or Mtn? I do mtn biking as I have access to some good trails. but have been thinking about getting into rd biking as it is more social with a group ride.

Simplicity
provost is offline  
post #37 of 21419 (permalink) Old 07-22-2013, 12:02 AM - Thread Starter
jonnyblaze
 
strong island 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,328
Rep: 134 (Unique: 88)
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyn3t View Post

we or I , never said you are crazy in using TI bios on the classy. the thing you try thing out but don't give us a feedback. we are here to help you out you know that. I had posted for you a 200% PT bios in the 780 Owners club , try it and get back to me. just don't let it be like you did with the classy I edited for you you never told that bios worked for you. and i was waiting for your feedback. thumb.gif

I hate to say it but I am getting a better result witrh the TI bios. Your bios didn't throttle but for some reason did not give me the same scores. That TI bios is made for 780's so there is no reason it would be bad to use on a classified. Also I felt bad telling you the first bios you made didn't work for me and my card was unrecognized in windows. The second one worked. I really appreciate everything you have done to try and help me but once I announced I tried the TI bios you said I was doing the wrong thing but it's actually waorking better for me.

Hello
Bench Rig
(20 items)
CPU
Intel i7 core 5960x
CPU
intel i7 core 4770k
Motherboard
Rampage V Extreme
GPU
Asus GTX 980 Strix
GPU
Asus 780 ti Matrix
RAM
G-Skill Trident X
RAM
G-Skill Ripjawz 4
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo 120gb
Hard Drive
Corsair Neutron 120gb
Hard Drive
Corsair Neutron 120gb
Power Supply
Corsair AX1200
Cooling
Kingpin Tek 9 Fat GPU Pot
Cooling
Kingpin F1 Extreme CPU Pot
Cooling
EK Universal GPU Water Block
Cooling
EK Supremacy CPU Block
Case
Dimastech Easy v3 Bench and Armaflex
Operating System
Win 7 64 bit
Operating System
Win XP 32 bit
Monitor
Samsung S27A950D
Other
Gigabyte Z97 SOC Force Motherboard
▲ hide details ▲
strong island 1 is offline  
post #38 of 21419 (permalink) Old 07-22-2013, 12:04 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
skyn3t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Germantown MD
Posts: 6,659
Rep: 591 (Unique: 374)
This is s feedback, thank you.

♦░▒▓█▓█ [Official] EVGA 780 Ti Classified k|ngp|n Owner's Club] █▓█▓▒░♦
♦░▒█▓▒░♦ [Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Ti Owner's Club] ♦░▒█▓▒░♦
-=]░▒▓███ [Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Owner's Club ███▓▒░[=-
█▓▒█▓♦ [Official] NVIDIA GTX 980 Owner's Club ♦█▓▒█▓
skyn3t is offline  
post #39 of 21419 (permalink) Old 07-22-2013, 12:11 AM - Thread Starter
jonnyblaze
 
strong island 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,328
Rep: 134 (Unique: 88)
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyn3t View Post

This is s feedback, thank you.

It was just that you kinda jumped down my throat when I said I used the TI bios and said that I didn't know the difference.

Quote skyn3t -

"TI Bios for classy? there nothing there for classy anywhere, the only person that has the right bios is k|ngp|n and he not going to pass it away. You flashed the normal 780 bios into your classy to run benchmark. that's what you did. It doesn't make any sense buying a top notch GPU and flash it with normal bios to test it out. you got a Benz but roll out in a beetle."


I have had a lot of cards over the past few months including a bunch of different titans and 780's. The same with the titan, the TI bios was the best one for it. Some bios eliminated throttling some didn't. Naennon bios and TI bios were the only ones that eliminated throttling for me. The 780 classified is very similar.

I have tested so many different bios's on my classified today. That is all I have done all day. Other people on OCN also sent me modded bios including you. My best results have been using the Tech inferno bios. So I take a little bit of offense when you say I don't know what I am talking about. I have used real world results to come to this conclusion from actually testing the card. I have reached 1359 on air in valley which I think is pretty good.

Again I appreciate all your help today.

Hello
Bench Rig
(20 items)
CPU
Intel i7 core 5960x
CPU
intel i7 core 4770k
Motherboard
Rampage V Extreme
GPU
Asus GTX 980 Strix
GPU
Asus 780 ti Matrix
RAM
G-Skill Trident X
RAM
G-Skill Ripjawz 4
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo 120gb
Hard Drive
Corsair Neutron 120gb
Hard Drive
Corsair Neutron 120gb
Power Supply
Corsair AX1200
Cooling
Kingpin Tek 9 Fat GPU Pot
Cooling
Kingpin F1 Extreme CPU Pot
Cooling
EK Universal GPU Water Block
Cooling
EK Supremacy CPU Block
Case
Dimastech Easy v3 Bench and Armaflex
Operating System
Win 7 64 bit
Operating System
Win XP 32 bit
Monitor
Samsung S27A950D
Other
Gigabyte Z97 SOC Force Motherboard
▲ hide details ▲
strong island 1 is offline  
post #40 of 21419 (permalink) Old 07-22-2013, 12:39 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
skyn3t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Germantown MD
Posts: 6,659
Rep: 591 (Unique: 374)
Quote:
Originally Posted by strong island 1 View Post

It was just that you kinda jumped down my throat when I said I used the TI bios and said that I didn't know the difference.

Quote skyn3t -

"TI Bios for classy? there nothing there for classy anywhere, the only person that has the right bios is k|ngp|n and he not going to pass it away. You flashed the normal 780 bios into your classy to run benchmark. that's what you did. It doesn't make any sense buying a top notch GPU and flash it with normal bios to test it out. you got a Benz but roll out in a beetle."


I have had a lot of cards over the past few months including a bunch of different titans and 780's. The same with the titan, the TI bios was the best one for it. Some bios eliminated throttling some didn't. Naennon bios and TI bios were the only ones that eliminated throttling for me. The 780 classified is very similar.

I have tested so many different bios's on my classified today. That is all I have done all day. Other people on OCN also sent me modded bios including you. My best results have been using the Tech inferno bios. So I take a little bit of offense when you say I don't know what I am talking about. I have used real world results to come to this conclusion from actually testing the card. I have reached 1359 on air in valley which I think is pretty good.

Again I appreciate all your help today.

I did mean in any circumstances to offending you. I was just saying it. The only thing TI bios has that I don't have Is boost disable. I already have my bios with boost disable but I want to test it myself before release it.I do respect svl7 for his great work like you mentioned above and I do respect you for your opinion if in any thing that I wrote to makes you feel bad I do send my apology to you. Just don't feel that way. Like I said feedback is very important to get thing fixed I mean everything and you know that. It may take some days to get my new bios release but I still want your feedback if you want to try it out.

here is a quick run with boost disable, as you can see boost is greyout and no indicator in precision x biggrin.gif




Best
skyn3t

♦░▒▓█▓█ [Official] EVGA 780 Ti Classified k|ngp|n Owner's Club] █▓█▓▒░♦
♦░▒█▓▒░♦ [Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Ti Owner's Club] ♦░▒█▓▒░♦
-=]░▒▓███ [Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Owner's Club ███▓▒░[=-
█▓▒█▓♦ [Official] NVIDIA GTX 980 Owner's Club ♦█▓▒█▓
skyn3t is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off