HOWTO: nVidia BIOS Flashing - Page 51 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

HOWTO: nVidia BIOS Flashing

post #501 of 507 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 07:40 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
I Didn't read through all the posts, but what i did glance through i found little to no mention that you have to reinstall your graphics drivers after a bios flash.

Your cards may appear to function properly even during stress tests but flashing the bios corrupts the driver and causes to to hang every10 min or so in game. At least in my case. So if you Experience problems Re-Install gpu drivers.

I would also like to note if you have a sli setup, it is totally not necessary to flash one card at a time as stated in the main post. Just do nvflash -5 -6 blank.rom . You will automatically be prompted to flash both cards, hit Y in both instances.

I will also Note that someone mentions the only really boost with bios is compatibilty/stability, Stability= highier clock. Specificly with a bios that unlocks your voltage control you can achieve an overclock where voltage was stopping you from pushing further. This requires you to edit and modify your bios yourself.

I probably should of known to reinstall my drivers after a flash... but successful stress test fooled me into a stupefied state of bliss which left me playing guessing games with my cards crashing in bf3 at any clock.

All is well now with unlocked gtx 460's SlI @900Mhz1.112v 71c full load 40-50 idle:wave2:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #502 of 507 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 09:00 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadOblivion;15173355 
I Didn't read through all the posts, but what i did glance through i found little to no mention that you have to reinstall your graphics drivers after a bios flash.

I've flashed various different customised BIOS files to two XFX 8800GTS 320MB (G80), a XFX 8800GTS 512MB (G92), a Zotac 9800GT and an EVGA GTX275. I never once had to reinstall graphics drivers...

I'm not trying to be difficult, I'm just thinking perhaps it was something else that caused the driver issue. Either that, or it's a specific change that is unique to the GTX460 (and perhaps certain other cards)... :/ In which case I guess this post is actually pretty pointless, but I've already typed it so I'll post it anyway. smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by CryWin go_quote.gif
Well.. a girl is a guy that had a couple parts sergically disabled at birth because one of the cores couldn't run stable. Some people have tried to re-enable them.. but it never works right.
post #503 of 507 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 10:48 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaLiTH;15174243 
I've flashed various different customised BIOS files to two XFX 8800GTS 320MB (G80), a XFX 8800GTS 512MB (G92), a Zotac 9800GT and an EVGA GTX275. I never once had to reinstall graphics drivers...

I'm not trying to be difficult, I'm just thinking perhaps it was something else that caused the driver issue. Either that, or it's a specific change that is unique to the GTX460 (and perhaps certain other cards)... :/ In which case I guess this post is actually pretty pointless, but I've already typed it so I'll post it anyway. smile.gif

Just broke X2500 in 3dmark 11, Which places my system in top 15 of the world? with systems that run the same hardware. I suppose that may not be accurate since i run beta drives.. not sure if 3dmark 11 will let you post benchmarks with beta drivers.
x2500900mhz1125v.jpg

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #504 of 507 (permalink) Old 10-05-2011, 02:52 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 41 (Unique: 33)
Hi guys, I've flashed my Zotac GTX470Amp with Extreme Tuner HD via windows but I edited bios first with Nibitor. Is it safe flashing bios with that tool? So far there are no error or issue with mycard, now I use it for my GTX570 but didnot mod bios just try flashing again.... so far my GTX570 fine.
Btw Balla the Feared told me this way more simple then normally.

post #505 of 507 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 12:41 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 554 (Unique: 419)
post #506 of 507 (permalink) Old 06-05-2016, 09:35 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 28 (Unique: 13)
I just purchased a used MSI GTx 760 ITX card. part# N760 2GD5/OC ITX.
I like to put ITX cards in old Dell BTX computers. I successfully did this with an R9-285. The only issue was ATI R9 xxx doesn't support VESA mode 103 so I can't enter my BIOS Setup screen. The card has a Dual BIOS switch, but they dropped the ball on the video resolution to use it.

So now I want to try it with an NVidia card. Nvidia doesn't have the Vesa 103 issue. But I need to know if MSI has an EUFI, or a Legacy BIOS. MSI support page was useless.
If the MSI has an EUFI BIOS then can I get a legacy BIOS from somewhere else? I have to cut the cooler and bracket to make them fit so I would like to know the answer to this first if possible.

I've run a PNY GTX750 Ti O/C with absolutely no problems. I purchased PNY just because it wasn't EUFI.

Dell Dimension E520 [email protected]
Delta GFB1212VHG, 8GB DDR2-800
R9-285 ITX 2GB DDR5, 240GB SSD
http://valid.x86.fr/l2j5p1
post #507 of 507 (permalink) Old 06-07-2016, 08:20 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 28 (Unique: 13)
It looks like this thread is dead. I'm going to assume that since MSI doesn't mention EUFI that it doesn't have it. It is a little older card than my R9-285s.

Dell Dimension E520 [email protected]
Delta GFB1212VHG, 8GB DDR2-800
R9-285 ITX 2GB DDR5, 240GB SSD
http://valid.x86.fr/l2j5p1

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in