Disable Boost and "Bake-In" Max Game Stable Clocks for Maxwell - Page 71 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Disable Boost and "Bake-In" Max Game Stable Clocks for Maxwell

post #701 of 718 (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 01:32 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Any one got a GIgabyte 980gtx ti windforce 3 OC non G1 model with a good overclock profile with solid boost states or non boost states to remove the throttling etc GV-N98TWF3OC-6GD rolleyes.gif

http://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-N98TWF3OC-6GD#ov

Link to the card, Have checked up on bio's too but wondering if there anything else i could try. Also modded my card as the windforce fans died after 3 months before i even overclocked at all -.- things were dreadful in reliability. So took off front cover and cabled tie'ed 2x 120mm corsair high perf high airflow fan's to it. Then Did the ghetto cable tie trick for another 120mm fan for the backplate. Temp are far better now. thumb.gif Bios ive flashed on atm has raised the voltage and unlocked tdp. Not really appplied any overclock settings that kind find its max etc. This is a factory card thats pre overclocked already. But still im sure it can go further
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #702 of 718 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 85 (Unique: 79)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyh0man View Post

I know Original maker of that "guide" Wont read it because it was posted nearly 3 years ago if im not mistaken, But I managed to to block boosting on my 750ti Thanks To You!. I worked with my bios forever because i needed it for FFXIII/FFXIII-2 Since that stupid pc port didnt boost my card and it was running on 800mhz, Now 1400 constant <3 Thank U man!

You're welcome! Just happened to pop in here after being absent from this thread for a couple years lol.

Corsair Air 540
ASRock Z97 Pro4
Gigabyte GTX 1080 Ti Founders Edition
Intel i5 4690K @ 4.6 GHz
16 GB DDR3-1600 Crucial Memory @ 2133 MHz
1 TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD
1 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD
Corsair CX750M PSU

Check out my guide for BIOS modding Maxwell cards:
https://www.overclock.net/t/1522651/disable-boost-and-bake-in-max-game-stable-clocks-for-maxwell/0_30
post #703 of 718 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 04:23 AM
New to Overclock.net

Hello there ! Maybe you won't read this but I guess it's worth a try. My problem is that I have a ASUS STRIX GTX 970 DIRECT CU II GPU and my power limit won't go above 102% by default even if I increase the voltage to the very max.
Do I need a modded bios for this ? Can you help me out please?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #704 of 718 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 10:26 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 217 (Unique: 135)
Quote:
Originally Posted by w1n1x View Post

Hello there ! Maybe you won't read this but I guess it's worth a try. My problem is that I have a ASUS STRIX GTX 970 DIRECT CU II GPU and my power limit won't go above 102% by default even if I increase the voltage to the very max.
Do I need a modded bios for this ? Can you help me out please?

Power limit is in the BIOS, you need the Maxwell/Kepler BIOS editor/tweaker and a hacked NVFlash to bypass signature checking (AFAIK).

You can also hard mod the card by bypassing the current sensing resistors, this removes the power limit completely.

HP-UX. I came, I saw, I was sad it would not run on my X86 box.
skull.gif [Official]AMD RX 480/ 470/ 460 Owners Club skull.gif
post #705 of 718 (permalink) Old 05-27-2017, 02:24 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarathKasun View Post

Power limit is in the BIOS, you need the Maxwell/Kepler BIOS editor/tweaker and a hacked NVFlash to bypass signature checking (AFAIK).

You can also hard mod the card by bypassing the current sensing resistors, this removes the power limit completely.
Thank you for the answer. I will try to do sth about it in a few days and I will report back about the process ! smile.gif

post #706 of 718 (permalink) Old 11-17-2017, 03:14 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 9)
Have you locked xbar and L2 at 980ti?

Can you upload the latest drivers?
post #707 of 718 (permalink) Old 01-01-2018, 03:38 AM
New to Overclock.net

GM200.zip 147k .zip file Some one mod bios plizz i need help
Attached Files
File Type: zip GM200.zip (147.2 KB, 26 views)
post #708 of 718 (permalink) Old 09-08-2018, 04:53 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Can somebody mod this bios for me? I have a MSI 970 GTX Gaming 4g. Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: zip GM204.zip (135.4 KB, 9 views)
post #709 of 718 (permalink) Old 11-11-2018, 11:45 AM
Not New to Overclock.net

got a weird prob with Maxwell Bios Tweaker

I had a Gigabyte GTX 970 mini & the app worked well

then I switched to a MSI gtx 970 gaming 4G card & then the app gave a blank screen:

so I figured it's the card tht's not compatible - but then when I swap back to the Gigabyte I get the same blank screen now the app no longer works - whatdafok??

Last edited by pulverizor; 11-11-2018 at 03:24 PM.
post #710 of 718 (permalink) Old 11-27-2018, 11:15 PM
New to Overclock.net

I've followed the guide to the letter, very nice performance now. But the clocks do NOT go down at all, ever. I tried changing Power management to Adaptive and Optimal, but it's still locked at the maximum clock.

I see in Task Manager that "Client Server Runtime Process" is constantly using 0.1% of GPU. Is this the cause? Does this BIOS mod mean that as soon as anything requests 3D rendering, it will just ramp up to max clock immediately, regardless of the GPU load? How can I solve this, or is it not really possible under Windows 10 since large parts of the OS itself is hardware accelerated?

I really don't like that my PC is consuming ~150w on idle now instead of the ~70w it was before, that's all. Well, the fact that voltage is constant and the GPU (970 GTX) never goes below 58 degrees C is pretty nasty, too.

Quote: Originally Posted by pulverizor View Post
so I figured it's the card tht's not compatible - but then when I swap back to the Gigabyte I get the same blank screen now the app no longer works - whatdafok??
You did actually open a bios ROM file, right? It can't edit the card as-is, you need to dump the BIOS first and open it. Until you do, it will just appear blank - like the screenshot you shared.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in