I recently decided to overclock my Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce and have been doing some gaming to test the OC. I first tried Crysis 3 and then Crysis 2. I've been noticing some weird bugs, but I'm not sure if they are from the OC or from the game. I'm starting to lean towards it being the games because I reset my GPU to the default clocks and it still happens. The glitches also appear in the same spots every time, which is not how artifacts usually appear. When OCing my GPU, I never touched the voltage or flashed the bios. I ended up with a final OC of 112% Power Limit (max up from 100), +190 Core and +500 Memory. All seems stable in Heaven 4.0 and Fire Strike with no crashing or artifacts. What are the chances I messed up my GPU some how?
The first issue I noticed is in Crysis 3 in the Welcome to the Jungle level, some of the foliage would flicker and become lighter or darker. Changing Object Detail from Very High to High fixed this for me.
Here's a video of the issue: http://youtu.be/lxal239_nUc
Another problem with Crysis 3 is also in the Welcome to the Jungle level, the grass in one spot near the gun you use to take down the tower flickers and has some black lines in it. This I have not been able to fix.
The final issue I'm having with Crysis 3 is kind of hard to notice, but every time Prophet has one of his visions where the screen goes a bit fuzzy and high tech graphics display on his visor there is a little bit of artifacts left behind which do not clear until after the level ends. I play on default brightness of 100 and it's pretty noticeable on that setting, especially if you use NanoVision in a dark area. After the level ends and the next one starts, the artifacts disappear until the next time a scene involving the visions occur.
In Crysis 2 I had a bunch of issues, some of which I have been able to solve.
Things I've been able to fix:
- Shadows on trees, fixed by setting Object Detail to Very High. For some reason Extreme and Ultra both have the issue.
- There's a puddle in the first level to the right of the stairs where the first vehicle drives up and 3 cell members get out, there's messed up textures around it, but setting Object Detail to Extreme or lower fixes it.
- There's a permanent shadow line following my character, setting Object Detail to Extreme fixes it.
The remaining issues I'm having are:
- Pop-in on the tree foliage, even when I'm close it happens.
- Shadow pop-in
- The reflection on car windows has flickering black textures when there are 2 windows aligned with each other. For example, if I shoot out all but 1 window of the car, the reflection is fine.
Core i5 4670k @ 4.3 Ghz (1.2v)
CM Hyper212 EVO
8 (2x4) GB Kingston HyperBlu DDR3 1600 9-9-9-27 (XMP Profile)
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970 4 GB
MSI Z87-G41 PC-Mate
Thanks for the help!