All of my ShadowPlay videos randomly become pixelated and blurry in certain spots when uploaded to YouTube - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

All of my ShadowPlay videos randomly become pixelated and blurry in certain spots when uploaded to YouTube

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 01-08-2015, 02:57 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
I've been doing some test videos trying to find some decent encoding settings and it seems that no matter what I try I can't prevent my ShadowPlay videos from becoming very pixelated and blurry in certain spots. Now, I'm not talking about the general lack of quality which is to be expected with YouTube videos due to their compression and limited bitrate, but a serious issue where the screen randomly turns into a blob of pixels and the rest of the video is fine.

Here is a sample video recorded with ShadowPlay at the High preset, 1080p/60fps 50mbps. The raw clip was uploaded to YouTube and it looks like this: http://youtu.be/d4CkTTRq5qY

The overall quality of the video is fine, but the problem I'm referring to occurs at around 1:08 when the screen transitions. It can also be seen at around 1:18, 1:38, 1:48, 2:00, 2:39, 3:23 (especially noticeable on the tree monster) and several other spots. I can upload the raw file to Mega or some other file hosting service if necessary, but it's 1.22 GB.

Anyway, I've tried many things including upscaling the video to 2k/4k and transcoding the video to other codecs and containers before uploading. The best quality I've been able to get has been with the raw ShadowPlay file, and the pixelated and blurry video is still present in the exact same spots in the recoded files which I've uploaded. I read somewhere that YouTube allows more bitrate for higher resolution video so I tried upscaling to 2k/4k but YouTube doesn't allow any resolution above 1080p with 60fps video.

These artifacts are NOT present in the raw file. It looks perfect on my machine locally played through MPC-HC, almost like the actual game. Anyone know what the issue could be?

Here is the media information of the ShadowPlay H.264 as displayed by MPC-HC:

General
Complete name : C:\Users\Christopher\Desktop\RawSP.mp4
Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : Base Media
Codec ID : isom
File size : 1.36 GiB
Duration : 4mn 37s
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 42.2 Mbps
Writing application : Lavf54.63.104

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : [email protected]
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 1 frame
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Bit rate : 42.1 Mbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Variable
Frame rate : 60.000 fps
Minimum frame rate : 7.978 fps
Maximum frame rate : 63.828 fps
Standard : PAL
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.339
Stream size : 1.36 GiB (100%)
Color primaries : BT.601 NTSC
Transfer characteristics : BT.470 System M
Matrix coefficients : BT.601

Audio
ID : 2
Format : AAC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile : LC
Codec ID : 40
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 99.4 Kbps
Maximum bit rate : 128 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : Front: L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 3.29 MiB (0%)
Language : unk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in