Open test bench vs closed case for GTX 980 Kingpin? - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Open test bench vs closed case for GTX 980 Kingpin?

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 02-27-2015, 07:54 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 60 (Unique: 45)
So i'm waiting on my Caselabs SMA8 to be built and i'm going to be getting a couple GTX980 Classified Kingpin cards. I'll have to send my current case (NZXT Source 210 mid tower) to my sponsor and in return they are paying for the new case. But until that SMA8 can be shipped (20-25 days) i'll need a temporary case to use. So i'm wondering which would be better, an open air test bench or a mid tower ATX case like the source 210 i have?

If the open test bench isn't much better i might as well just buy a cheap case and send it to the sponsor and keep mine. But if it is better for the overclocking potential etc.. of the kingpin card i'd prefer to go with a test bench. The only other thing that worries me is if the H100i cooler radiator will fit with the test bench, i've seen one that isn't "too" expensive with fan mounts that i could fit the rad on.

And if anyone can suggest either a good cheap test bench or a cheap mid tower case with decent window that would fit a Rampage IV Black i'd appreciate it. I noticed that the RIVBE mobo fits in the source 210 even though it's ATX, you just only have 6 standoffs, not able to screw in the 3 holes on the right, but it holds just fine.

"Meanwhile, in AMorDor, Lisa Su-rons all seing eye, in secret...crafts an ultimate, inneficient, cache sharing processor of evil....yes....one 32nm ancient architecture to rule them all!! Using an army of 5.5Ghz (6ghz turbo) FX 9999 569w TDP 32 modul....er..core...CPUs to sweep down upon the kingdoms of Mentel and the Elven fortress of Nvideandell!" -Excerpt, The Lord of the Cores by C.P.U. Trollin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in