[Official] NVIDIA GTX 1080 Owner's Club - Page 1160 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] NVIDIA GTX 1080 Owner's Club

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #11591 of 11649 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 06:32 PM
Are you sure about that?
 
TwilightRavens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: OBX, North Carolina
Posts: 1,121
Rep: 20 (Unique: 12)
New personal record! I finally stabilized the DDR3 2400MHz with all 32GB and gained 200 points compared to before I was running it at 2000MHz, finally breaking 19000 points. Here is the website verification for more details: https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/34070935?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture3.PNG
Views:	21
Size:	570.0 KB
ID:	256492  


CPU’s I’ve owned: P4 630, P4 631, C2D E6320, C2D E6700, X3230, QX9650, X5470, i7 920, i7 3770K ES, Pentium 2020M, i5 4690K, i7 5775C, Athlon XP 3200+, Athlon 64 X2 1.8GHz, A10 4600M, Ryzen 5 2600X

GPU’s I‘ve owned: GeForce2 MX400, 8800GTX, GTX 285, 2 x GTX 660 SLI (sold 1), ATi x1300, R9 380, R9 290X, GTX 1070, GTX 1080.
Broadwell-DT
(16 items)
Nuclear Reactor
(10 items)
CPU
Intel i7-5775C @ 4.5GHz
Motherboard
ASUS Z97-E/USB 3.1
GPU
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC @ 2126MHz
RAM
Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 2400MHz (32GB)
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo SATA III SSD 120GB (OS)
Hard Drive
Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM HDD 2TB (Standard game and applications)
Hard Drive
Crucial M500 SATA III SSD 960GB (fast load games)
Power Supply
Corsair RM850 850W 80+ Gold
Cooling
Corsair H100i v2
Case
Corsair Carbide Clear 400C
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro x64 1903
Monitor
Sceptre 27" Curved 144Hz Gaming LED Monitor
Monitor
19” LCD 1440x900 Dynex Monitor
Keyboard
Logitech G213 Prodigy
Mouse
Logitech G502 Hero Gaming Mouse
Other
ASUS PCE-AC56 PCI-E Wireless Express Adapter
CPU
AMD FX-9590 5.15GHz
Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth 990FX (AM3+)
GPU
EVGA GeForce GTX 480 (SLI)
GPU
EVGA GeForce GTX 480 (SLI)
GPU
EVGA GeForce GTX 480 (SLI)
RAM
G.skill TridentX 2133MHz DDR3 16GB
Hard Drive
WD Velociraptor 15000RPM 160GB x 4 (RAID 0)
Power Supply
EVGA Supernova 1600 G2
Cooling
Corsair H150i
Operating System
Windows 8.1
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by TwilightRavens; 02-28-2019 at 11:22 PM.
TwilightRavens is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #11592 of 11649 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 07:18 PM
Are you sure about that?
 
TwilightRavens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: OBX, North Carolina
Posts: 1,121
Rep: 20 (Unique: 12)
@white owl there's mine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Superposition_Benchmark_v1.0_17402_1551406601.png
Views:	11
Size:	604.2 KB
ID:	256494  


CPU’s I’ve owned: P4 630, P4 631, C2D E6320, C2D E6700, X3230, QX9650, X5470, i7 920, i7 3770K ES, Pentium 2020M, i5 4690K, i7 5775C, Athlon XP 3200+, Athlon 64 X2 1.8GHz, A10 4600M, Ryzen 5 2600X

GPU’s I‘ve owned: GeForce2 MX400, 8800GTX, GTX 285, 2 x GTX 660 SLI (sold 1), ATi x1300, R9 380, R9 290X, GTX 1070, GTX 1080.
Broadwell-DT
(16 items)
Nuclear Reactor
(10 items)
CPU
Intel i7-5775C @ 4.5GHz
Motherboard
ASUS Z97-E/USB 3.1
GPU
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC @ 2126MHz
RAM
Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 2400MHz (32GB)
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo SATA III SSD 120GB (OS)
Hard Drive
Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM HDD 2TB (Standard game and applications)
Hard Drive
Crucial M500 SATA III SSD 960GB (fast load games)
Power Supply
Corsair RM850 850W 80+ Gold
Cooling
Corsair H100i v2
Case
Corsair Carbide Clear 400C
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro x64 1903
Monitor
Sceptre 27" Curved 144Hz Gaming LED Monitor
Monitor
19” LCD 1440x900 Dynex Monitor
Keyboard
Logitech G213 Prodigy
Mouse
Logitech G502 Hero Gaming Mouse
Other
ASUS PCE-AC56 PCI-E Wireless Express Adapter
CPU
AMD FX-9590 5.15GHz
Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth 990FX (AM3+)
GPU
EVGA GeForce GTX 480 (SLI)
GPU
EVGA GeForce GTX 480 (SLI)
GPU
EVGA GeForce GTX 480 (SLI)
RAM
G.skill TridentX 2133MHz DDR3 16GB
Hard Drive
WD Velociraptor 15000RPM 160GB x 4 (RAID 0)
Power Supply
EVGA Supernova 1600 G2
Cooling
Corsair H150i
Operating System
Windows 8.1
▲ hide details ▲
TwilightRavens is offline  
post #11593 of 11649 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 09:46 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
naveediftikhar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 25
Rep: 0
so was running superposition 1080p medium last night, and found that this ***** uses cpu as well...n like..woah..:S...anyways..i ended up with 15k something on my xeon 1650 clocked at 3.9 all...
naveediftikhar is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #11594 of 11649 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 11:48 PM
Are you sure about that?
 
TwilightRavens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: OBX, North Carolina
Posts: 1,121
Rep: 20 (Unique: 12)
Quote: Originally Posted by naveediftikhar View Post
so was running superposition 1080p medium last night, and found that this ***** uses cpu as well...n like..woah..:S...anyways..i ended up with 15k something on my xeon 1650 clocked at 3.9 all...
Yeah I think it favors clockspeed over cores, but I am not 100% on that because white owl has me beat by 300MHz on his 4790K and I have 2MB less L3 but still came out ahead. And the IPC gap from Broadwell to Haswell is only like 3-5% if even that.

CPU’s I’ve owned: P4 630, P4 631, C2D E6320, C2D E6700, X3230, QX9650, X5470, i7 920, i7 3770K ES, Pentium 2020M, i5 4690K, i7 5775C, Athlon XP 3200+, Athlon 64 X2 1.8GHz, A10 4600M, Ryzen 5 2600X

GPU’s I‘ve owned: GeForce2 MX400, 8800GTX, GTX 285, 2 x GTX 660 SLI (sold 1), ATi x1300, R9 380, R9 290X, GTX 1070, GTX 1080.
Broadwell-DT
(16 items)
Nuclear Reactor
(10 items)
CPU
Intel i7-5775C @ 4.5GHz
Motherboard
ASUS Z97-E/USB 3.1
GPU
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC @ 2126MHz
RAM
Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 2400MHz (32GB)
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo SATA III SSD 120GB (OS)
Hard Drive
Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM HDD 2TB (Standard game and applications)
Hard Drive
Crucial M500 SATA III SSD 960GB (fast load games)
Power Supply
Corsair RM850 850W 80+ Gold
Cooling
Corsair H100i v2
Case
Corsair Carbide Clear 400C
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro x64 1903
Monitor
Sceptre 27" Curved 144Hz Gaming LED Monitor
Monitor
19” LCD 1440x900 Dynex Monitor
Keyboard
Logitech G213 Prodigy
Mouse
Logitech G502 Hero Gaming Mouse
Other
ASUS PCE-AC56 PCI-E Wireless Express Adapter
CPU
AMD FX-9590 5.15GHz
Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth 990FX (AM3+)
GPU
EVGA GeForce GTX 480 (SLI)
GPU
EVGA GeForce GTX 480 (SLI)
GPU
EVGA GeForce GTX 480 (SLI)
RAM
G.skill TridentX 2133MHz DDR3 16GB
Hard Drive
WD Velociraptor 15000RPM 160GB x 4 (RAID 0)
Power Supply
EVGA Supernova 1600 G2
Cooling
Corsair H150i
Operating System
Windows 8.1
▲ hide details ▲
TwilightRavens is offline  
post #11595 of 11649 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 12:01 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
naveediftikhar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 25
Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by TwilightRavens View Post
Yeah I think it favors clockspeed over cores, but I am not 100% on that because white owl has me beat by 300MHz on his 4790K and I have 2MB less L3 but still came out ahead. And the IPC gap from Broadwell to Haswell is only like 3-5% if even that.
you are right...it does favor clock speed. i can say that cause i monitor my system and performance constantly through AB and it only really stresses 1 single core with very little impact on the second one and absolutely nothing on the remaining 4 cores. while you pulling ahead cut be due to the gpu sustained clocks.
naveediftikhar is offline  
post #11596 of 11649 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 12:08 AM
Are you sure about that?
 
TwilightRavens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: OBX, North Carolina
Posts: 1,121
Rep: 20 (Unique: 12)
Quote: Originally Posted by naveediftikhar View Post
you are right...it does favor clock speed. i can say that cause i monitor my system and performance constantly through AB and it only really stresses 1 single core with very little impact on the second one and absolutely nothing on the remaining 4 cores. while you pulling ahead cut be due to the gpu sustained clocks.
Could be a part of it but compare our Physics scores in Firestrike, I very highly doubt its the L4 cache on mine doing that in Firestrike.

CPU’s I’ve owned: P4 630, P4 631, C2D E6320, C2D E6700, X3230, QX9650, X5470, i7 920, i7 3770K ES, Pentium 2020M, i5 4690K, i7 5775C, Athlon XP 3200+, Athlon 64 X2 1.8GHz, A10 4600M, Ryzen 5 2600X

GPU’s I‘ve owned: GeForce2 MX400, 8800GTX, GTX 285, 2 x GTX 660 SLI (sold 1), ATi x1300, R9 380, R9 290X, GTX 1070, GTX 1080.
Broadwell-DT
(16 items)
Nuclear Reactor
(10 items)
CPU
Intel i7-5775C @ 4.5GHz
Motherboard
ASUS Z97-E/USB 3.1
GPU
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC @ 2126MHz
RAM
Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 2400MHz (32GB)
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo SATA III SSD 120GB (OS)
Hard Drive
Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM HDD 2TB (Standard game and applications)
Hard Drive
Crucial M500 SATA III SSD 960GB (fast load games)
Power Supply
Corsair RM850 850W 80+ Gold
Cooling
Corsair H100i v2
Case
Corsair Carbide Clear 400C
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro x64 1903
Monitor
Sceptre 27" Curved 144Hz Gaming LED Monitor
Monitor
19” LCD 1440x900 Dynex Monitor
Keyboard
Logitech G213 Prodigy
Mouse
Logitech G502 Hero Gaming Mouse
Other
ASUS PCE-AC56 PCI-E Wireless Express Adapter
CPU
AMD FX-9590 5.15GHz
Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth 990FX (AM3+)
GPU
EVGA GeForce GTX 480 (SLI)
GPU
EVGA GeForce GTX 480 (SLI)
GPU
EVGA GeForce GTX 480 (SLI)
RAM
G.skill TridentX 2133MHz DDR3 16GB
Hard Drive
WD Velociraptor 15000RPM 160GB x 4 (RAID 0)
Power Supply
EVGA Supernova 1600 G2
Cooling
Corsair H150i
Operating System
Windows 8.1
▲ hide details ▲
TwilightRavens is offline  
post #11597 of 11649 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 09:22 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
white owl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: The land of Nod
Posts: 5,374
Rep: 136 (Unique: 103)
Quote: Originally Posted by doom3crazy View Post
Ah okay yeah that makes sense. So I had a question for you regarding the Palit bios you mentioned before. I thought about maybe giving it a whirl because my card was cooling pretty well at the moment and just wanted to know more about it.

I noticed I can add +120mhz to the core before I crash. If I go 125-130 I crash. Am I not able to reach those numbers because of voltage? Or is it a power limit? I remember you mentioning the palit bios increases the total TDP. You did say something about fan speed though. Does the palit bios basically put a hard limit on the max RPM the fans can speed up to as opposed to what they can spin up to on the stock evga bios?

Fyi to know what speeds you're talking about you need to say the effective speed instead of your offset. +200 in NVinspector is different than +200 in Afterburner. Same for ram, some are offsetting according to the effective speed and some are doing the actual speed.
Even if we were all using afterburner +200 on your card isn't the same as +200 on my identical card. Plus there's the fact that boost changes based on temperature so you might not even be getting the full +200.
The speed most of us go by is what's reported in GPUz sensors tab while under load for a while so boost/thermals have leveled off.



The SC cooler could probably handle the Palit BIOS if the fan speed was there. The Palit is limited to a 2400RPM fan speed while the SC fans spin up to 3000RPM, they'll still work but they'll never spin faster than what the Palit BIOS allows. To my ear the Palit BIOS limited the EVGA fans to about 72%.
The extended TDP might enable higher clocks but the real benefit is allowing the card to be TDP unlimited so it will bench higher with the same speeds.

Quote: Originally Posted by SpeedyVT
If you're not doing extreme things to parts for the sake of extreme things regardless of the part you're not a real overclocker.
Quote: Originally Posted by doyll View Post
The key is generally not which brands are good but which specific products are. Motherboards and GPUs are perfect examples of companies having everything from golden to garbage function/quality.
Hot n Bothered
(12 items)
CPU
4790k 4.7Ghz
Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkII 2
GPU
EVGA GTX 1080 SC
RAM
16gb G.Skill Sniper 2400Mhz
Hard Drive
2x Kingston v300 120gb RAID 0
Hard Drive
WD Blue
Power Supply
Seasonic 620w M12 II EVO
Cooling
Cooler Master 212 Evo
Case
Corsair 450D
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
Nixeus EDG27
Other
I have pretty lights.
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by white owl; 03-01-2019 at 09:26 AM.
white owl is offline  
post #11598 of 11649 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 06:46 PM
Doom Slayer
 
doom3crazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 90
Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by TwilightRavens View Post
New personal record! I finally stabilized the DDR3 2400MHz with all 32GB and gained 200 points compared to before I was running it at 2000MHz, finally breaking 19000 points. Here is the website verification for more details: https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/34070935?
Dude thats awesome. What speeds were you running on the core and memory clocks? You gained 200 points with just 400 extra mhz on the ram?

Quote: Originally Posted by white owl View Post
Fyi to know what speeds you're talking about you need to say the effective speed instead of your offset. +200 in NVinspector is different than +200 in Afterburner. Same for ram, some are offsetting according to the effective speed and some are doing the actual speed.
Even if we were all using afterburner +200 on your card isn't the same as +200 on my identical card. Plus there's the fact that boost changes based on temperature so you might not even be getting the full +200.
The speed most of us go by is what's reported in GPUz sensors tab while under load for a while so boost/thermals have leveled off.



The SC cooler could probably handle the Palit BIOS if the fan speed was there. The Palit is limited to a 2400RPM fan speed while the SC fans spin up to 3000RPM, they'll still work but they'll never spin faster than what the Palit BIOS allows. To my ear the Palit BIOS limited the EVGA fans to about 72%.
The extended TDP might enable higher clocks but the real benefit is allowing the card to be TDP unlimited so it will bench higher with the same speeds.
Ah okay. I will have to run some benchmarks again and open gpuz and look at that. Thanks for letting me know.

Do you know where I might be able to download and try the Palit bios? I am familiar with nvflash and all that as I used to flash bios on my old 980 ti all the time. Is there anything special in regards to putting the palit bios on the SC card?

4th in the world for Xeon x5675 overclock
https://hwbot.org/submission/3703177...75_5211.82_mhz
My System
(10 items)
CPU
Intel Xeon X5675
Motherboard
Asus Rampage III Gene
GPU
EVGA GTX 1080 TI SC Black
RAM
G.Skill Ripjaws 1866 DDR3
Power Supply
880 W Antec
Cooling
Corsair H115i AIO
Operating System
Win 7 64 BIT
Monitor
ASUS VS248H‑P ‑ 24" LED Monitor
Keyboard
Logitech
Mouse
Logitech
▲ hide details ▲
doom3crazy is offline  
post #11599 of 11649 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 08:44 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
white owl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: The land of Nod
Posts: 5,374
Rep: 136 (Unique: 103)
Same process.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Palit1080.zip (144.8 KB, 10 views)

Quote: Originally Posted by SpeedyVT
If you're not doing extreme things to parts for the sake of extreme things regardless of the part you're not a real overclocker.
Quote: Originally Posted by doyll View Post
The key is generally not which brands are good but which specific products are. Motherboards and GPUs are perfect examples of companies having everything from golden to garbage function/quality.
Hot n Bothered
(12 items)
CPU
4790k 4.7Ghz
Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkII 2
GPU
EVGA GTX 1080 SC
RAM
16gb G.Skill Sniper 2400Mhz
Hard Drive
2x Kingston v300 120gb RAID 0
Hard Drive
WD Blue
Power Supply
Seasonic 620w M12 II EVO
Cooling
Cooler Master 212 Evo
Case
Corsair 450D
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
Nixeus EDG27
Other
I have pretty lights.
▲ hide details ▲
white owl is offline  
post #11600 of 11649 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 04:29 AM
Are you sure about that?
 
TwilightRavens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: OBX, North Carolina
Posts: 1,121
Rep: 20 (Unique: 12)
Quote: Originally Posted by doom3crazy View Post
Dude thats awesome. What speeds were you running on the core and memory clocks? You gained 200 points with just 400 extra mhz on the ram?



Ah okay. I will have to run some benchmarks again and open gpuz and look at that. Thanks for letting me know.

Do you know where I might be able to download and try the Palit bios? I am familiar with nvflash and all that as I used to flash bios on my old 980 ti all the time. Is there anything special in regards to putting the palit bios on the SC card?
2100MHz on the core (+100MHz in afterburner) and 1325MHz on the RAM (+300mHz in afterburner. Yeah I didn’t think the RAM would matter but it appears it does on DDR3 platforms, can’t speak for the DDR4 ones.

CPU’s I’ve owned: P4 630, P4 631, C2D E6320, C2D E6700, X3230, QX9650, X5470, i7 920, i7 3770K ES, Pentium 2020M, i5 4690K, i7 5775C, Athlon XP 3200+, Athlon 64 X2 1.8GHz, A10 4600M, Ryzen 5 2600X

GPU’s I‘ve owned: GeForce2 MX400, 8800GTX, GTX 285, 2 x GTX 660 SLI (sold 1), ATi x1300, R9 380, R9 290X, GTX 1070, GTX 1080.
Broadwell-DT
(16 items)
Nuclear Reactor
(10 items)
CPU
Intel i7-5775C @ 4.5GHz
Motherboard
ASUS Z97-E/USB 3.1
GPU
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC @ 2126MHz
RAM
Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 2400MHz (32GB)
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo SATA III SSD 120GB (OS)
Hard Drive
Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM HDD 2TB (Standard game and applications)
Hard Drive
Crucial M500 SATA III SSD 960GB (fast load games)
Power Supply
Corsair RM850 850W 80+ Gold
Cooling
Corsair H100i v2
Case
Corsair Carbide Clear 400C
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro x64 1903
Monitor
Sceptre 27" Curved 144Hz Gaming LED Monitor
Monitor
19” LCD 1440x900 Dynex Monitor
Keyboard
Logitech G213 Prodigy
Mouse
Logitech G502 Hero Gaming Mouse
Other
ASUS PCE-AC56 PCI-E Wireless Express Adapter
CPU
AMD FX-9590 5.15GHz
Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth 990FX (AM3+)
GPU
EVGA GeForce GTX 480 (SLI)
GPU
EVGA GeForce GTX 480 (SLI)
GPU
EVGA GeForce GTX 480 (SLI)
RAM
G.skill TridentX 2133MHz DDR3 16GB
Hard Drive
WD Velociraptor 15000RPM 160GB x 4 (RAID 0)
Power Supply
EVGA Supernova 1600 G2
Cooling
Corsair H150i
Operating System
Windows 8.1
▲ hide details ▲
TwilightRavens is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off