[Official] NVIDIA GTX 1080 Owner's Club - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] NVIDIA GTX 1080 Owner's Club

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #11 of 11643 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 04:35 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
AllGamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada, ON
Posts: 2,474
Rep: 63 (Unique: 55)
I'm still waiting for mine to arrive, sometimes next week.

MSI GTX 1080 FE stock on air.

Current project Upside Down S8 built log
AllGamer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 11643 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 04:38 PM
Senior OCN Member
 
shilka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Denmark
Posts: 38,425
Rep: 2752 (Unique: 1632)
I am really split between the Asus Strix and the new Gigabyte Gaming GTX 1080 cards.
Going to wait for reviews of both before i make a final decision.

Not sure if i should upgrade my CPU / motherboard and RAM first and get video cards later or upgrade the video cards first.
Is a non overclocked 3820 going to hold one or two GTX 1080 cards back?

Only site in denmark that has GTX 1080 cards is sold out and wont have cards in untill 2-3 weeks from now.

Seravee
(30 items)
CPU
Intel Core I7 6850K
Motherboard
Gigabyte X99 Ultra Gaming
GPU
MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio
RAM
Kingston HyperX DDR4 Savage 3000 MHz
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo 500 GB
Hard Drive
Corsair Force MP510 1,92 TB
Hard Drive
Seagate Ironwolf Pro 14 TB
Hard Drive
Seagate Ironwolf 12 TB
Hard Drive
WD Ultrastar DC HC530 14 TB
Hard Drive
Seagate Ironwolf Pro 12 TB
Hard Drive
Seagate Ironwolf Pro 16 TB
Optical Drive
LG CH12NS30
Power Supply
Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 750 watt
Cooling
Noctua NH-D15S
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass
Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64 bit
Monitor
Asus PG279Q
Monitor
LG 55C8 OLED TV
Keyboard
Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2 with Cherry MX Silent
Mouse
Roccat Kone EMP
Mouse
HyperX Fury S XL
Audio
Sennheiser HD 598
Audio
Onkyo TX NR646
Audio
Dali Opticon Vokal
Audio
x2 Dali Opticon 2
Audio
x2 Dali Opticon 1
Audio
Dali E12 F Subwoofer
Audio
Sennheiser HD-599
Other
CableMod 30 CM Magnetic Red LED strip
▲ hide details ▲
shilka is offline  
post #13 of 11643 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 04:46 PM
ٴٴٴ╲⎝⧹˙͜>˙⧸⎠╱
 
TK421's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,400
Rep: 158 (Unique: 123)
Please add my hybrid install guide to main page https://www.overclock.net/t/1601323/gtx-1080-fe-ref-hybrid-guide-minimal-tools-clean-look

nͫٴiͤٴcͫٴeͤ੮Һ૯ ცɿ૭ ૭คעٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴ ٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴ ٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴ ٴٴ
█▀█ █▄█ ▀█▀ ▀█▀


TK421 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 11643 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 05:05 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
sherlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 5,436
Rep: 312 (Unique: 229)
I got one coming in two weeks. My 980Ti Hybrid(bought for $739 in April, so I only had to pay $30ish for shipping both ways) is on its way to EVGA for step-up to a GTX 1080 Founder Edition.

I don't hug trees, but I do drive a Prius wink.gif

post-flame-small.gif GTX 1080 Overclock Leaderboard & Owners Club post-flame-small.gif


 
sherlock is offline  
post #15 of 11643 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 05:13 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Zurv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: New York City
Posts: 694
Rep: 14 (Unique: 12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverK1LL View Post

Has anybody fired on the Founders Editions? I see stock fluctuating for the Asus ones on NewEgg. Looks like they had them in stock three different times. 

I have 8 coming, 4 from amazon and 4 from newegg. The newegg one's shipped already - but coming next week on Friday frown.gif The Amazon cards will be here on Tuesday (i pre-order last week).
the EK blocks .. ordered but "Processing"

edit: ** yep, i took all your cards! smile.gif
Zurv is offline  
post #16 of 11643 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 05:17 PM
Linux Lobbyist
 
Maintenance Bot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Cedar Falls, Iowa
Posts: 1,257
Rep: 119 (Unique: 76)
Hope to join club tomorrow if card gets here.

For those who do not care for Evga PX, found 1080 Afterburner beta tool http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/msi-afterburner-beta-download.html

A good write up here about it http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/geforce-gtx-1080-overclocking-guide-with-afterburner-4-3.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilka View Post

I am really split between the Asus Strix and the new Gigabyte Gaming GTX 1080 cards.
Going to wait for reviews of both before i make a final decision.

Not sure if i should upgrade my CPU / motherboard and RAM first and get video cards later or upgrade the video cards first.
Is a non overclocked 3820 going to hold one or two GTX 1080 cards back?

Only site in denmark that has GTX 1080 cards is sold out and wont have cards in untill 2-3 weeks from now.
Thats a tough decision, get the card, bottleneck will probably be minimal from cpu if any.

X99
(12 items)
CPU
6950X
Motherboard
Asrock X99 Taichi
GPU
Titan Xp
RAM
Gskill 32gb-3200 mhz
Hard Drive
960 Pro-512gb
Power Supply
Evga 850 P2
Cooling
Cryorig A80
Case
Corsair Air 540
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
Samsung QN55Q7CN-1440p @ 120hz
Mouse
G900
Audio
Sound blaster AE-5
▲ hide details ▲


Maintenance Bot is offline  
post #17 of 11643 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 05:20 PM
Linux Lobbyist
 
Maintenance Bot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Cedar Falls, Iowa
Posts: 1,257
Rep: 119 (Unique: 76)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverK1LL View Post

Has anybody fired on the Founders Editions? I see stock fluctuating for the Asus ones on NewEgg. Looks like they had them in stock three different times. 
Yeah I pulled the trigger on one as well.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurv View Post

I have 8 coming, 4 from amazon and 4 from newegg. The newegg one's shipped already - but coming next week on Friday frown.gif The Amazon cards will be here on Tuesday (i pre-order last week).
the EK blocks .. ordered but "Processing"

edit: ** yep, i took all your cards! smile.gif
You building a rig in every room thumb.gif

X99
(12 items)
CPU
6950X
Motherboard
Asrock X99 Taichi
GPU
Titan Xp
RAM
Gskill 32gb-3200 mhz
Hard Drive
960 Pro-512gb
Power Supply
Evga 850 P2
Cooling
Cryorig A80
Case
Corsair Air 540
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
Samsung QN55Q7CN-1440p @ 120hz
Mouse
G900
Audio
Sound blaster AE-5
▲ hide details ▲


Maintenance Bot is offline  
post #18 of 11643 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 05:21 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
OverK1LL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Western New York
Posts: 1,386
Rep: 72 (Unique: 60)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurv View Post


I have 8 coming, 4 from amazon and 4 from newegg. The newegg one's shipped already - but coming next week on Friday frown.gif The Amazon cards will be here on Tuesday (i pre-order last week).
the EK blocks .. ordered but "Processing"

edit: ** yep, i took all your cards! smile.gif

 

It sounds like you have something wicked planned! What are you doing with them?



OverK1LL is offline  
post #19 of 11643 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 05:39 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Zurv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: New York City
Posts: 694
Rep: 14 (Unique: 12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverK1LL View Post

It sounds like you have something wicked planned! What are you doing with them?

I have two systems. Both will be running 4 way. I'm not to worried about "support" for SLI from NVidia. It isn't like that supported that much in the past (and in the end they normally do if the engine supports it) - also the "limits" to SLI have been focused on dx12 games (which 0 have sli support now anyway).

I'm really looking forward a 4k gysnc 32" monitors with 1.4 DP. (hopefully oled too). My second system is connected to a 4k OLED 65" with HDR.

I'll play around with firemark ranking too. For a bit with the 980s i was #1. My titan build was in the top 5 for a long time.
http://www.3dmark.com/hall-of-fame-2/fire+strike+3dmark+score+ultra+preset/version+1.1 (seems i'm still #10.. but i think that will only be there for the next few days)

Zurv is offline  
post #20 of 11643 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 05:45 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
c0nsistent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 149
Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurv View Post

I have two systems. Both will be running 4 way. I'm not to worried about "support" for SLI from NVidia. It isn't like that supported that much in the past (and in the end they normally do if the engine supports it) - also the "limits" to SLI have been focused on dx12 games (which 0 have sli support now anyway).

I'm really looking forward a 4k gysnc 32" monitors with 1.4 DP. (hopefully oled too). My second system is connected to a 4k OLED 65" with HDR.

I'll play around with firemark ranking too. For a bit with the 980s i was #1. My titan build was in the top 5 for a long time.
http://www.3dmark.com/hall-of-fame-2/fire+strike+3dmark+score+ultra+preset/version+1.1 (seems i'm still #10.. but i think that will only be there for the next few days)


I ordered 5 Titan's at launch as well, but reality set in when I tried to play my favorite games in Quad SLI. First I switched to Tri-SLI and had SOME success, as far as good scaling in about 50% of the games I played, then I switched to 2 cards, and for the most part the FPS I attained was within 10% or so, so I stayed there.

Even for 4K, I think 2 1080's would suffice. Why not wait until the 1080 Ti or Titan (?) comes out?
c0nsistent is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off