[Official] NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Club - Page 5 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Club

post #41 of 18016 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 08:09 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 77 (Unique: 66)
I'll be getting one to replace my 980 Ti. biggrin.gif

Excuse me sir and/or ma'am, do you have a moment to spare to hear about our Lord Titan Z?
Build Logs! (Click to show)teh lulz! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinWaffle go_quote.gif

If loving you is ROM, then I don't want to read write.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucethemoose go_quote.gif

Over at Red camp, AMD managed to duct tape a decent GPU and CPU together with their APU, and are... improving the tape.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth Pyros go_quote.gif

So an iOS 6 user walks into a bar. Or a restaurant. Or a river... I don't even know. biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider_2001 go_quote.gif

Make sure the hospital updates their drivers...Might get the baby out 17% quicker...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonshorty go_quote.gif

What's next, tweeting the fire brigade?

@LocalFireDep My house is on fire LOL #yolo

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 18016 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 08:22 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 35 (Unique: 30)
Tried to get my pre-order in yesterday, but had bank issues at the worst time. By the time it was resolved and I refreshed, they were gone.

So now I'm waiting until the 10th to see what the AIBs have. I've always gone with EVGA when possible, up until the 1070 where I went with ASUS Strix, and that was because of the VRM issue. I sold my 1070 right after the announcement of the Ti, and picked up an ASUS 1060 to hold me over to the 1080Ti. Have had a great time with the ASUS, but I know from history their customer service is garbage. EVGA fixed their issue with the new ICX cooler, so I'll probably go with them again. That customer support has always been great to me.

post #43 of 18016 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 09:55 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dboythagr8 View Post

Tried to get my pre-order in yesterday, but had bank issues at the worst time. By the time it was resolved and I refreshed, they were gone.

So now I'm waiting until the 10th to see what the AIBs have. I've always gone with EVGA when possible, up until the 1070 where I went with ASUS Strix, and that was because of the VRM issue. I sold my 1070 right after the announcement of the Ti, and picked up an ASUS 1060 to hold me over to the 1080Ti. Have had a great time with the ASUS, but I know from history their customer service is garbage. EVGA fixed their issue with the new ICX cooler, so I'll probably go with them again. That customer support has always been great to me.

Ummm? Why didn't you just keep your 1070 until you get the Ti?

Current Parvum R1.0 Water Cooling Case Build Log
https://www.overclock.net/forum/newestpost/1628446
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 18016 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 09:58 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 48 (Unique: 35)
Quote:
Originally Posted by al210 View Post

Ummm? Why didn't you just keep your 1070 until you get the Ti?

Probably because he can return his 1060 within 14-30 days for a full refund. And in doing so get the maximum possible for his 1070 before the price drop is priced in. All this while having a fully functional rig while he waits for his Ti to arrive.
post #45 of 18016 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 10:39 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 8)
If water cooling these, is there any reason to not just get a founders edition one now? Seems like block options are higher for FE cards, and since it seems voltage is locked for Pascal and we already know the TDP is 250W just like on the Titan, that the only difference the AIB cards will have between them and the FE cards will be the coolers. And if your ripping it off for a water block then who cares?? Thoughts??

post #46 of 18016 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 11:15 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 29 (Unique: 26)
gotta say looking good!

i7 [email protected] / M7 Hero / 16gb Vengeance / EK Custom Loop / EVGA 1080 Ti FE / Xonar Phobeus / Samsung 850 120GB / WD Black 1 TB / WD Green 1.5 TB / WD Black 5 TB / AKG K550 / DeathAdder / Dell u2713hm/ XFX 850 Gold + / Evolv Glass
post #47 of 18016 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 11:21 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Waiting for EVGA myself.

Hopefully 8+8 will enable to hit 2kghz core !
post #48 of 18016 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 01:33 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stocksux View Post

If water cooling these, is there any reason to not just get a founders edition one now? Seems like block options are higher for FE cards, and since it seems voltage is locked for Pascal and we already know the TDP is 250W just like on the Titan, that the only difference the AIB cards will have between them and the FE cards will be the coolers. And if your ripping it off for a water block then who cares?? Thoughts??

I ordered the Reference ones because i have no reason to have "better cooling" as mine are water cooled. EK had the WB's ready so it was a no brainier. I think that Nvidia would be paying close attention to the chips put into their direct sales anyways.

No reason to wait in my opinion.

Now the question is when will these cards get here. My EK order will be here Monday.

Go Purdue!
post #49 of 18016 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 02:43 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 154 (Unique: 132)
post #50 of 18016 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 02:50 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by velocityx View Post

gotta say looking good!

When this model goes on sale?

beautiful

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in