Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Thread - Page 276 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Thread

post #2751 of 2755 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 01:57 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
My Aorus GTX 1080 Ti card started working on the top PCI-E slot of ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme after I updated BIOS to latest F3P. Was a known incompatibility before and I used it for months on the 3rd slot in the mobo (x8). What a day, I have ten celsius less and back to 2050 MHz.

i7 6700K @4.5 GHz /// 32GB HyperX 2400MHz CL12 /// Aorus GTX 1080 Ti 11G @2075/11954 MHz /// Corsair HX750 Platinum /// ASUS PG348Q[/SIZE]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2752 of 2755 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 12:44 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Hi all.

I have problems with the performance of the graphic playing bf5 (Does not work more than 70%)

I need to rule out that it's not a problem with the power supply. I have a seasonic X 660 plus golg.

Do you think there is enough power supply for this graph?

The rest of the system is a rizen 5 2600 with 16gb of ram.

Thank you!!!
post #2753 of 2755 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 05:43 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
I got curious after reading some posts on reddit about auros 1080ti's crashing on factory settings. So I reset the voltage curve etc. and installed gigabyte's software, and lo and behind in OC mode designed by gigabyte the card isnt stable, so that does confirm its a pretty bad chip, however I am not sure if I can be bothered to try an RMA, will probably just reapply my profiles, and keep on using it. Or maybe use this issue to return it in a couple of years when they might have no spare 1080ti's left so end up sending me a 2080 instead.

Main PC
(12 items)
CPU
Motherboard
ASRock K6 Fatality Z370
GPU
Auros GTX 1080ti
RAM
Teamgroup 8 gig 3200 x 4
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO
Hard Drive
WD 3TB RED x 4
Hard Drive
WD 4TB RED
Power Supply
Antec HCG Gold 750 Watts
Case
Fractal Design R4
Operating System
Windows 8.1 Pro
Monitor
Benq GW3765HT
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2754 of 2755 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 12:03 PM
New to Overclock.net

Hi guys, please a little bit of help.
I've been reading the last 50 pages or so and i'm still in need of help. I have the GV-N108TAORUS-11GD and i would like to upgrade the firmware. I don't really understand how can i check the F version, can you please tell me how can i find that out ?
i've tried to use the tool from gigabite but that is just throwing that i have different bios version. so can you please share some custom roms that i can put using nvflash ?
by the way my bios version is 86.02.39.00.9D....
update ....i manage to use that crap aorus engine and there is listed as F20, still not sure if i can put any 1080ti roms or if i can use dedicate gigabyte 1080ti no extreme roms.
thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1080ti.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	266514  

Click image for larger version

Name:	engine.JPG
Views:	6
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	266564  

Last edited by Ghostzy; 04-24-2019 at 01:03 PM.
post #2755 of 2755 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 10:57 AM
New to Overclock.net

Hi guys, just wondering, to those of you who flashed a custom bios, what did you go with?

I found that the stock Aorus bios gives the best superposition results. XOC gives better clocks but not better performance overall because of extra heat + memory timings. The problem with the stock Aorus bios for me is that when I do heavy stress tests (TimeSpy, FireStrike, etc), the "Power Limit 1" pops up and consequently the clock reduces from 2088 to 2063-2075 for a moment.

I have found that FTW3 KingPin works in this regard, and it is able to achieve stable clock speeds in FireStrike (and also more heat because of it). The only problem is that the layout of the outputs is different, which is fine if I run a single display but I am trying to run multiple displays. Another problem is that the Aorus has this weird thing where it has a different bios for DP and for DVI. So I am not sure if I can connect, say, a 144Hz display to the DVI & 4k to the DP and it will work fine.

Is there maybe a modified Aorus bios out there that can achieve better power limit?

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in