Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Thread - Page 278 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Thread

post #2771 of 2786 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 09:14 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 74 (Unique: 57)
Quick question 😁

Will flashing the waterforce bios onto the regular Aorus open up higher power limits or voltage?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2772 of 2786 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 02:19 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Hi guys, could anyone post the latest bios for either the Xtreme/Non-Xtreme, both for DVI-D and for DP? can't find a bios that works on DVI-D for some reason.
post #2773 of 2786 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 05:59 PM
AMD OC'ing Enthusiast

Rep: 104 (Unique: 82)
Quote: Originally Posted by yoadknux View Post
Hi guys, could anyone post the latest bios for either the Xtreme/Non-Xtreme, both for DVI-D and for DP? can't find a bios that works on DVI-D for some reason.

gigabyte stores them on their website.

If available, always go for a manufacturer provided BIOS file to reduce/remove chance of file corruption. You never can guarantee someone's internet had a hiccup during upload or other similar annoyances.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2774 of 2786 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 11:30 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 15 (Unique: 15)
I'm having an issue with the display outputs, I'm wondering if maybe someone might have some insight;

For months I've had the same monitor config: 1 HDMI 1 DVI and 1 DP. The POST screen and windows loading screen would display to the DVI screen, and then the other 2 will kick in once Windows starts up. Not ideal, but worked fine.

So the other day I was doing some troubleshooting as I was having issues with my computer resetting (turned out to be PSU), and during the process I did plenty of disconnecting cables and resetting the CMOS, and eventually replaced the PSU. Somewhere in the process of doing all of this, the GPU started doing something different with the outputs. Currently, the only way I can see a POST screen or the windows load screen is by unplugging the DP monitor, otherwise my monitors will be blank until I load into windows. So now, if I want to get into the BIOS, I have to unplug the DP monitor to see anything, and it has to be done before I restart the computer. Also, it outputs to the HDMI when I do this instead of the DVI port.

I'm sure it's related to the card having dual vbios, but I can't figure out how to get it back to how it was initially. I'm otherwise not having any issues. Anyone have any ideas?

post #2775 of 2786 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 01:08 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 2)
Quote: Originally Posted by mattliston View Post
gigabyte stores them on their website.

If available, always go for a manufacturer provided BIOS file to reduce/remove chance of file corruption. You never can guarantee someone's internet had a hiccup during upload or other similar annoyances.
The ones on Gigabyte website are not latest. Latest is 86.02.39.40.5E, but I have just the Extreme HDMI version. I'm looking for the Extreme DVI, too...

Corsair 750D Airflow+HD140 RGB | Asus Z170 Deluxe | i7 7700k | Corsair H110i GTX+Noctua | 16 Gb Corsair Vengeance 3200Mhz | Samsung 960 Pro 512 Mb / WD Black 6Tb | Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080Ti Xtreme | X-FI Titanium HD+backplate | Corsair AX860i | Cooler Master MM710 / Artisan Shidenkai Mid | Ducky Shine 7 | DXRacer Formula | Scuf Elite controller
post #2776 of 2786 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 07:03 PM
AMD OC'ing Enthusiast

Rep: 104 (Unique: 82)
What is the specific cards part number?

I could have sworn last time I checked for a bios (I think I checked in May of this year) I could have sworn the files were updated at least sometime in 2019

I might be wrong, but Id be happy to help check it out

EDIT

Mine is specifically as follows from back of card
GV-N108TAORUS-11GD

Does that match what you are looking for? My card works fantastic, and I could try and make a clean upload of the BIOS for you

EDIT #2 my card is NOT the extreme model, so I dont think it will work. Crap

Last edited by mattliston; 06-28-2019 at 07:08 PM.
post #2777 of 2786 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 10:34 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by mattliston View Post
What is the specific cards part number?

I could have sworn last time I checked for a bios (I think I checked in May of this year) I could have sworn the files were updated at least sometime in 2019

I might be wrong, but Id be happy to help check it out

EDIT

Mine is specifically as follows from back of card
GV-N108TAORUS-11GD

Does that match what you are looking for? My card works fantastic, and I could try and make a clean upload of the BIOS for you

EDIT #2 my card is NOT the extreme model, so I dont think it will work. Crap
I have non-extreme, so it will work for me if you could upload it. Thanks.
As for the BIOS on gigabyte site, it's not a direct rom, at least from what I noticed. So I can't just go and use "nvflash64 -6 aorus.rom" or something like that. I'm looking for a solution that will allow me to do that.

I did end up finding the right bios for DVI but it's really confusing. If you try to flash the wrong bios into DVI, the card will not function properly. Oddly enough if you try to flash any OTHER bios over DVI, it will work just fine.
post #2778 of 2786 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 03:16 PM
New to Overclock.net

Hey guys, long time lurker, infrequent poster. Don't mean to necro this thread, but I've been looking for an: Alphacool Eiswolf 120 GPX Pro (M21) for ages now, and haven't been able to find a single one on *any* site, foreign or domestic. I have a base Aorus 1080 Ti (non extreme) and it gets *hot* (80ºC) when playing, and would really like to go with a hybrid route. I had an EVGA 1080 FTW Hybrid and loved it, but traded it in for this Ti. I don't really want to go the Kraken route, but will if there's simply nothing out there anymore for these things. Any input would be super appreciated. Thanks.

post #2779 of 2786 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 03:17 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Waldos Platypus View Post
Hey guys, long time lurker, infrequent poster. Don't mean to necro this thread, but I've been looking for an: Alphacool Eiswolf 120 GPX Pro (M21) for ages now, and haven't been able to find a single one on *any* site, foreign or domestic. I have a base Aorus 1080 Ti (non extreme) and it gets *hot* (80ºC) when playing, and would really like to go with a hybrid route. I had an EVGA 1080 FTW Hybrid and loved it, but traded it in for this Ti. I don't really want to go the Kraken route, but will if there's simply nothing out there anymore for these things. Any input would be super appreciated. Thanks.
I have the standard version as well. The Alphacool kit seems nice and robust. I'll tell you this, I went with the Kraken G12 and I'm very pleased. I bought the bracket, some mini heatsinks, thermal tape, a Be Quiet! 92mm fan, Kraken X41, 2x Noctua AF-14 Chromax, and a NA-FC1 to link the fans. With 24c ambient, typical gaming temps are 44-50c with quiet operation (fans spin up to ~1200RPM). If I ramp up all the fans to maximum and run the most powerful stress test - FireStrike Ultra, the temps will stay right around 48 (51 with the quiet profile). The card is overclocked to 2063/6000 at 1.043V, but it can handle higher voltages easily (with custom bios, I could do 2088/6100 at 1.093V).
The card went through ~150 hours of gaming if not more, and about 50, if not more, runs of FireStrike Ultra and TimeSpy Extreme stress loops. So overall you can achieve excellent results with the G12.
Note I bought way too much stuff, you can get away with just the standard bracket, a simpler cooler like H55 (had that too, temps increase by about 8c), the standard fans, and maybe no heatsinks, although personally I wouldn't do it (they're very easy to apply).
post #2780 of 2786 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 09:21 AM
New to Overclock.net

fan header on aurous 1080ti

hey guys, I have just installed an evga 120mm aio on my gpu with kraken g12 mount. thing is I want to be able to control fan speed as I could before, with MSI afterburner.
now there are 2 headers I can plug in my pwm fan adapter to, but I used 2 different adapters (since I thought my first is DOA or something) but none of them works, when I plug the fan (noctua's 92mm instead of the crap kraken's) to a motherboard header, it works, so I wonder if those 2 headers I tried are the wrong headers? maybe it's just for rgb or something else, could you please guide me and tell me where the fan header is sitting at? thanks a lot!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in