PSA: Windows 1703 (Creators Update) breaks custom colour settings (ICC and nVidia) - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

PSA: Windows 1703 (Creators Update) breaks custom colour settings (ICC and nVidia)

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 05:15 PM - Thread Starter
Melted Cheese

Rep: 251 (Unique: 217)
Something with the 1703 update and nVidia drivers are causing the ICC profile and custom nvidia colours to revert back to default when I restart.

Also, any game (not application though) with an nvidia profile which is detected through the manage 3d settings tab will revert the icc profile and/or custom nvidia colour settings to default while the games without a profile retain ICC/nvidia custom colour settings. This happens on both 378.92 and 381.65.

I have personally and quantitatively confirmed this through reading a lot of reports across various forums of people having the same problems.

I rely on these profiles/settings because I have a laptop and can't change them externally like a normal monitor could.

I wish I didn't delete my Windows.old folder as I would definitely revert until this has been sorted.

»The Ryzen™ Master•24/7 RØCK SØLIЫ
AMD Ryzen™ R5 2600X»4.3ghz16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3866C18D»3200mhz RGB 14-14-14-28-42-1T SamB-DieASUS Prime X470 Pro»5204MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X»2ghz Core / 12ghz MemorySamsung 27" QLED»1440p 144hzCørsair RM850x»EVGA CLC 280•Arctic Cøøling P14 PWM Static Pressure Optimised Fans Black»Windøws 10 x64 Pro 1903"Decent Editiøn"»3.5TB SSD ∑ størage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-30-2017, 10:15 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 17 (Unique: 17)
This update has caused me so many problems and I see little benefit and added annoyances like control panel being removed from the right-click and a nagging "actions needed" since I shut off Windows Firewall and use a third party.

I have had nothing but issues with my audio and video drivers. My audio keeps resetting to the monitor instead of the sound card when I reboot and I can't change my multiple display settings and I have two monitors and a TV hooked up and I switch back and forth. The computer just crashes when I try and switch from the TV to the second monitor now.

I'm debating clean installing regular Windows 10 back on the laptop and desktop at this point which really sucks. Anyone else have any ideas or suggestions before I go this route?

Desktop: See below.
Notebook: See below.
Mobile Phone: Samsung Galaxy S6

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in