Overclock resetting - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Overclock resetting

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 03:51 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Hello all, brand new to OCN but not to OC'ing.

Got a weird for you all that I can't seem to figure out and that as far as I can see from search, no one else is getting...

My overclock settings return to stock when I close any 3D application. They are correctly applied throughout the initial running of a 3D app but the moment I close it they return to stock.

I am overclocking a pair of Titan X(Pascal)s with MSI afterburner at a modest +175 Core, +400 Mem and GPU-Z confirms the overclock settings were correctly applied and MSI Afterburner Hardware Monitor confirms they stayed applied during the use of the application. When I exit the 3D application (game, benchmark etc) both GPU-Z and MSI Afterburner show the card going back to stock values, if I then reload a 3D application the card stays at stock and will continue to stay at stock until I click apply again on MSI afterburner.

I have tried adding automatic profile management in MSI Afterburner to get it to load the profile on every launch of a 3D app but it didn't fix the issue. I have also tried EVGA Precision X and the same thing happens. I am currently running the latest Nvidia drivers 388.71 and have tried rolling back to a previous driver again no luck.

I have 2 other systems with Nvidia GPUs running overclocks with the same software and drivers and this problem does not occur.

I am not running any other overclocking software and have uninstalled EVGA Precision X.

As I said, I'm not new to OC'ing or PC'ing in general although I'm certainly no expert, however this one has me stumped!

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in