Need Some Advice... - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Need Some Advice...

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-13-2018, 07:52 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Cool Need Some Advice...

Does anyone know if there is another good place to have your cards flashed besides MacVidCards? I have a EVGA 1080 TI and trying to get if flashed for my 2012 Mac Pro. I think MacVidCards must be too busy because I messaged them several times with no response? I was going to attempt it myself using Kedars video but don't want to risk f-ing my card up! since this one was super hard to get...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1080ti.jpeg
Views:	40
Size:	321.1 KB
ID:	84353  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-13-2018, 09:46 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 97 (Unique: 66)
Quote: Originally Posted by raydub View Post
Does anyone know if there is another good place to have your cards flashed besides MacVidCards? I have a EVGA 1080 TI and trying to get if flashed for my 2012 Mac Pro. I think MacVidCards must be too busy because I messaged them several times with no response? I was going to attempt it myself using Kedars video but don't want to risk f-ing my card up! since this one was super hard to get...
There almost no risk, just flash it alongside another video card and you can flash back after any accidents.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-19-2018, 11:08 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by SavantStrike View Post
There almost no risk, just flash it alongside another video card and you can flash back after any accidents.
Do I need any other info/files other than KedarWolfs video? ...also, when you say flash it along side another card you mean an additional video card that is not being used by the "PC" that is flashing the card, right? and it has to be another pc card, the same type or any? just checking?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	evga1080tibox.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	89137  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-20-2018, 07:06 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 97 (Unique: 66)
Quote: Originally Posted by raydub View Post
Do I need any other info/files other than KedarWolfs video? ...also, when you say flash it along side another card you mean an additional video card that is not being used by the "PC" that is flashing the card, right? and it has to be another pc card, the same type or any? just checking?
What I mean it's that the card to be flashed is not currently driving a display or doing any rendering etc. Adding it as a second GPU to a machine and powering the machine up is all yo need to do.

Any other card will do, including integrated graphics. It's usually easier if the cards are different from one another as then you can't get confused which card you're flashing. The second card isn't even required unless things go wrong.

I haven't actually watched the video, I'm old school and only do text . The steps are going to be the same regardless of the source. Just make sure to back up your original BIOS before flashing the Mac BIOS.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-20-2018, 07:25 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Thanks I appreciate the info... Now, to find a windows machine.. working @ Apple, it seems to be a task to find windows owners

Tags
1080ti , gtx 1080 , Nvidia

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in