[Official] NVIDIA RTX 2070 / SUPER Owner's Club - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] NVIDIA RTX 2070 / SUPER Owner's Club

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #21 of 448 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 11:19 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
boi801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 48
Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalill View Post
Anyone here know anything about the Galax 2070 OC?

It's the cheapest 2070 I can find in Australia ($30 cheaper than the next lowest 2070 and $150 cheaper than the next OC'd 2070 available).

Also comes with a boosted clock of 1815Mhz which is crazy high as the lower ended 2070 OC cards only get boosted to ~17xx.

2070's that get clocked up to ~18xx are all like $300 more than this card which is why I'm hesitant.

Seems too good to be true but I literally can't find any information online about this card, only a dodgy YouTube review that's not even in English.

If it says OC it has to be a A chip.


Quote: Originally Posted by NoGuru View Post
I will just solder the shunt, no worries there. Just not sure when I can find the time.

Direct shunt will trigger the card to stay at 300Mhz, the shunt has to have resistance, or use a 0.003 ohm resistor as a shunt.
In my "Señor Clamp" mod I used a electronic cigarette resistance wire that has resistance, you cant check the pictures but I don't recommend it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2070mod1 (1).png
Views:	76
Size:	817.4 KB
ID:	229696  

Click image for larger version

Name:	2070mod2.png
Views:	55
Size:	601.9 KB
ID:	229698  

Click image for larger version

Name:	2070mod3.png
Views:	76
Size:	680.3 KB
ID:	229700  

Click image for larger version

Name:	2070mod4.png
Views:	57
Size:	821.0 KB
ID:	229702  


boi801 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 448 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 11:34 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
boi801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 48
Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by lightsout View Post
I am hearing about power restrictions. What is that looking like in real world clocks? In a review I watched the lowest end 2070 hot over 2ghz just like the other cards.

Is this similar to the 670/680 launch where beefed up cards were hitting similar clocks to basic cards?

Edit### Looks like I was mistaken the GN reviews says the card is power limited (EVGA Black)
I have a Armor nonA chip, I can bench it with +150 to +180 (some runs it crashes) and it only reaches 2070MHz droping to 2055MHz. I tested it in valley benchmark.
But in games, the real deal, COD BO4 it is stable at only +100, reaching only 1980MHz but constant, in overwatch it has to be at +80, don't remember the max clock here...
I made a "Señor Clamp" but didn't test it much, I got scared the air flow from the fans knocked the clamp off and shortcut something, but it works, the power limit is lower than 90%...

Now I know I should bought a 1080ti instead.... :|

boi801 is offline  
post #23 of 448 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 06:26 AM
Dumbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 10
Rep: 0
@boi801 Have you tried flashing the MSI Armor OC bios into your non OC card using the modded NVFlash?

Armor Bios (0x1F02): https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/...70-8192-180926
Armor OC Bios (0x1F07): https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/...70-8192-180925
Modded NVFlash: https://www.techpowerup.com/download...match-disabled

There only seems to be a +10W power limit difference but this would be nice to get a small increase in overclocking with minimum temperature increasement.

I don't have the guts to cross flash the bios myself, but I'm just wondering if you have tried to do this already or if NVFlash simply refuses to flash this bios because of the DeviceId differences.
(Please do not try to flash this bios if you haven't done so already, because I don't want to be the reason your card gets bricked just to test it for us )

My Armor currently runs at (Core Max Boost) 1995mhz but it would be nice if I can boost it to around 2050mhz with the OC bios.
Milkmano is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24 of 448 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 01:14 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
boi801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 48
Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by Milkmano View Post
@boi801 Have you tried flashing the MSI Armor OC bios into your non OC card using the modded NVFlash?

Armor Bios (0x1F02): https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/...70-8192-180926
Armor OC Bios (0x1F07): https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/...70-8192-180925
Modded NVFlash: https://www.techpowerup.com/download...match-disabled

There only seems to be a +10W power limit difference but this would be nice to get a small increase in overclocking with minimum temperature increasement.

I don't have the guts to cross flash the bios myself, but I'm just wondering if you have tried to do this already or if NVFlash simply refuses to flash this bios because of the DeviceId differences.
(Please do not try to flash this bios if you haven't done so already, because I don't want to be the reason your card gets bricked just to test it for us )

My Armor currently runs at (Core Max Boost) 1995mhz but it would be nice if I can boost it to around 2050mhz with the OC bios.
Already tried it, cant flash a nonA chip with a A chip card....

boi801 is offline  
post #25 of 448 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 12:52 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 4
Rep: 0
TU106-400-A1 are Normal Chips (no factory OC permitted).
TU106-400A-A1 are Binned Chips (factory OC permitted).

For example: https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-spec...70-armor.b6304 This is normal chip.

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-spec...armor-oc.b6299 This is binned chip.
Pepa07 is offline  
post #26 of 448 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 02:59 AM
Dumbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 10
Rep: 0
Thanks for replying, I know about the chip differences 0x1F02 = 400 and 0x1F07 = 400A.

But I was wondering why it doesn't work, for example does NVFlash simply refuse to flash the bios?
or does the pc not boot after flashing? or does perhaps Windows not recognize the card after flashing?

Hex comparing the two bios files only show minor differences but modding the non oc bios is not a solution due to the certificate checks.

My MSI card also has a pretty bad coil whine during regular gaming, so I might just take a gamble and return to card in the hope of getting a better overclock sample returned.

The card is currently running stable at +180 (Core), 1980/1995/2010mhz (Max Boost) and +830 (15662mhz) on the memory, I can run 3D Marks successfully on 16000mhz but then my screen is full of artifacts

I also had a Gigabyte 2070 Windforce before the MSI card which I returned due to a faulty fan, this card had the regular 400 chip as well and uploaded the bios here if someone is interested: https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/204765/204765
Milkmano is offline  
post #27 of 448 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 08:50 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
boi801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 48
Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by Milkmano View Post
Thanks for replying, I know about the chip differences 0x1F02 = 400 and 0x1F07 = 400A.

But I was wondering why it doesn't work, for example does NVFlash simply refuse to flash the bios?
or does the pc not boot after flashing? or does perhaps Windows not recognize the card after flashing?

Hex comparing the two bios files only show minor differences but modding the non oc bios is not a solution due to the certificate checks.

My MSI card also has a pretty bad coil whine during regular gaming, so I might just take a gamble and return to card in the hope of getting a better overclock sample returned.

The card is currently running stable at +180 (Core), 1980/1995/2010mhz (Max Boost) and +830 (15662mhz) on the memory, I can run 3D Marks successfully on 16000mhz but then my screen is full of artifacts

I also had a Gigabyte 2070 Windforce before the MSI card which I returned due to a faulty fan, this card had the regular 400 chip as well and uploaded the bios here if someone is interested: https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/204765/204765
Hello,

Nvflash doesn't let it flash, it outputs the mismatch ID error....

My card (2070 armor, nonA chip) only shows artifacts after +950MHz on memes and I never got artifacts for overclocking the core, if you can run +180 I think its very good.

Since yesterday with the new nvidia driver I was able to run stable at +150, and before I only could get +80 on overwatch and +100 com COD Bo4, I know they fixed some power problems on this driver for the RTX cards.... and since mine never shows artifacts by OCing the core it make think its limited only by power.

With this new driver my OC limitations at +160 to +170 the game or 3D applications freezes after some minutes, but only the application not the PC, with +180 or more the application/game freezes immediately at launch and sometimes the PC requires a reboot.

Before this driver COD and OW with +80 and +100 only reached 1960 and 1980MHZ, now with +150 it always at 2040! and my card on air with the default cooler at 100% fans is at 47-48ºC ... I dont understand how low are the temps are on this card....

boi801 is offline  
post #28 of 448 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 01:46 PM
Dumbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 10
Rep: 0
Thanks for the info, my reverse engineering skills are a bit rusty otherwise I would have checked it out if it's possible to also mod NVFlash to remove the device id check like they already did with the board id check.

I had to drop my core to +175 to run 3DMark Fire Strike stable in a loop for a couple hours,
my max boost with +175 is now always somewhere between 1965(1037mV), 1980mhz(1043mV) and 1995mhz(1050mV) using a power limit of 114%.

Last edited by Milkmano; 11-09-2018 at 02:00 PM.
Milkmano is offline  
post #29 of 448 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 06:40 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
boi801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 48
Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by Milkmano View Post
Thanks for the info, my reverse engineering skills are a bit rusty otherwise I would have checked it out if it's possible to also mod NVFlash to remove the device id check like they already did with the board id check.

I had to drop my core to +175 to run 3DMark Fire Strike stable in a loop for a couple hours,
my max boost with +175 is now always somewhere between 1965(1037mV), 1980mhz(1043mV) and 1995mhz(1050mV) using a power limit of 114%.
I used the moded nvflash by Vipeax...

I ran the 3dmark time spy and got 1980 to 2040MHz with my lower OC.... voltage max was 1.050v and max temp 49ºC, don't understand why mine clocked higher....

the score, for science:
https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/30167273
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	timespy 2070 oc 150.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	230426  


boi801 is offline  
post #30 of 448 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 07:07 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
snoball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,712
Rep: 86 (Unique: 79)
Anyone having display flicker issues with the 2070?
I have an EVGA XC Ultra and my secondary displays are flickering.

Ryzen Bruh
(10 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard
AsRock X470 Taichi
GPU
EVGA RTX 2070 XC Ultra
RAM
16 GB G.Skill DDR4 3200 FlareX
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 Evo+ 500GB
Power Supply
Seasonic Focus Platinum 750 Watt
Cooling
Noctua NH-D15S
Case
Phanteks P600s
Monitor
LG 27UK650 4K
Monitor
Dell S2716DG G-Sync
▲ hide details ▲


snoball is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off