Originally Posted by Damage Inc
Yeah your card never goes above 60C-62C at 65% fan while gaming yet your superposition screenshot shows 67C with fan at 100% and it only takes a couple minutes for a single superposition run. There is no way your card runs 60C overclocked or stock during gaming at ~30C ambient. Yeah, I said it.
I'm not sure what you are trying here man, seems you are mad about something?
It's well know benchmarks will always heat a card more than games, I'm sure you know.
You could also ask instead of making assumptions, then I would tell you a few things:
- My Superposition screenshot was the last of multiple stress test runs for about an hour, so the card was hotter than usual. If I start a bench now (card is stock clocks at 40C) it would probably heat a little less.
- I play mostly The Division 2, with OSD turned on so I see my temps and clocks all the time
- Game is capped on 85FPS, which for sure helps not heating that much.
- My fan curve is actually 70% at 60C
- My ambient is always between 27-30, no conditioned air here
I usually turn the OSD off to take screenshots but sometimes I forget, so I took a look on the folder and there's a few screenshots that show temps around 60 / 61 C with core clock between 2130 / 2145. They are all after a few hours playing, as I also track on the OSD my TDP peak and they are all around 300W+, which only happens after I played awhile.
Would you like to see them?
I have no reason to lie about this stuff or mislead anyone here.
EDIT: I just noted you misplaced things
- The temperature information you quoted was about my Ventus OC, which I replaced with an EVGA FTW3.
- The Superposition screenshot you mention is for the EVGA FTW3, you can see the model name on it. Which runs a higher OC than the Ventus OC
- The Ventus OC temp peak on Superposition was around 65C with fans around 75%
- Ventus OC would run at 2055Mhz on games temps around 57~60C. I also have screenshots about it with the OSD if you like.
- FTW3 runs 2145 on games and tops around 60~62C with fans at 70%. The screenshots I mentioned above are from it.