[Official] NVIDIA RTX 2080 / SUPER Owner's Club - Page 55 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] NVIDIA RTX 2080 / SUPER Owner's Club

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #541 of 605 (permalink) Old 10-02-2019, 07:22 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
GunnzAkimbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 578
Rep: 8 (Unique: 8)
+1250 Memory is stable (9000Mhz) and enough.

+55 core clock is stable

A fire and forget overclock.

Been testing this playing all kinds of game titles, 1440P and 4K with the MSI G.X.T

Lian Li D8000, MSI Godlike, 5960X 4.6Ghz, 16GB DDR4 2666C14, MSI RTX 2080S GXT, 24 HDs/SSDs, Noctua NHD15S, 55" KS8000
GunnzAkimbo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #542 of 605 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 04:45 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
sirleeofroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Buckinghamshire, UK
Posts: 98
Rep: 8 (Unique: 6)
Hi guys,

So I have been trying to flash the bios on my Palit Gaming Pro to the Gaming Pro OC version however, I can't seem to find a dump of that particular bios and Palit don't seem to have it available on the website. Instead I tried the EVGA XC Gaming Bios however the flash fails, but not due to a mismatch. I am using the modded version of nvflash and of course using the -6 command.

Then I remembered the 2 different variants...

TU104-400-A1 (1E82) and TU104-400A-A1 (1E87).

I took another look at GPUZ despite being sure I had an "A" chip..... The device ID shows BOTH (1E82) and (1E87)!

How can that be?

EDIT: Added screenshot of GPUZ
EDIT2: So the device ID within nvflash shows my card 1E82 which is a non-A variant Booo

Looks like I'm stuck with OC'ing the crap out of it in its current BIOS state, unless anyone has any suggestions?!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gpuz.PNG
Views:	8
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	300018  

Click image for larger version

Name:	NVFLASH.PNG
Views:	23
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	300022  


Updated X99
(17 items)
CPU
i7 5960X
Motherboard
MSI X99S SLI Plus
GPU
RTX 2080
RAM
Corsair Vengeance LPX
Hard Drive
Samsung PM961
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO
Hard Drive
Samsung 860 EVO
Power Supply
Antec HCG
Cooling
Alphacool Hybrid AIO
Case
NZXT H440
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Asus MX34VQ Designo
Keyboard
Corsair K70
Mouse
Razer Deathadder 3.5G
Mousepad
Corsair Desk Pad
Audio
Creative ZxR
▲ hide details ▲



Last edited by sirleeofroy; 10-09-2019 at 10:55 AM.
sirleeofroy is offline  
post #543 of 605 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 08:52 PM
Robotic Chemist
 
Asmodian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: San Jose, California
Posts: 2,596
Rep: 192 (Unique: 129)
Asmodian is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #544 of 605 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 03:48 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
OneCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 93
Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
What is the highest power limit BIOS for the reference PCB 2080 SUPER ? I want to buy a MSI Ventus OC RTX 2080 SUPER which i assume has a reference PCB? and flash a better BIOS into it.
OneCosmic is offline  
post #545 of 605 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 04:06 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Paramount's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 224
Rep: 6 (Unique: 5)
Quote: Originally Posted by OneCosmic View Post
What is the highest power limit BIOS for the reference PCB 2080 SUPER ? I want to buy a MSI Ventus OC RTX 2080 SUPER which i assume has a reference PCB? and flash a better BIOS into it.
280 watt

Tremor
(17 items)
CPU
Intel Core i7 3930K 4.5GHz @ 1.296 offset
Motherboard
Asus Rampage IV Formula
GPU
EVGA GTX 670 FTW @~1293mhz
RAM
Patriot viper Xtreme Division 4 1866 MHz 4X4 16GB
Hard Drive
Intel X-25M G2
Hard Drive
WDC 5000AAKX 6Gb/s
Optical Drive
LITEON DVD-R DL
Power Supply
Corsair AX760i +Platinum
Cooling
CPU Thermalright Venomous X
Cooling
2x Corsair SP120 P/P
Case
CoolerMaster HAF X
Operating System
Windows 7 sp 1 X64
Monitor
QNIX 2710 Evolution II 1440p Matte
Monitor
SAMSUNG 40inch Led Full HD
Keyboard
LG MK1010
Mouse
GM 6800
Audio
Supreme FX III
▲ hide details ▲
Paramount is offline  
post #546 of 605 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 05:44 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
nezff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,054
Rep: 37 (Unique: 30)
Has anyone had issues with a 2080 super and chrome hardware acceleration? Turning hardware acceleration off makes the black weird triangles go away. I've had this happen with two separate cards. Evga 2080 super xc ultra and now evga 2080 super ftw3 ultra.

I found other threads about the same problem with 2080 ti and hardware acceleration on EVGA community.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20191011_082150.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	5.83 MB
ID:	300538  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20191011_082049.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	4.82 MB
ID:	300540  


Last edited by nezff; 10-13-2019 at 07:13 AM.
nezff is offline  
post #547 of 605 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 05:06 PM
Crayon Evangelist
 
inedenimadam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Hotlanta
Posts: 7,598
Rep: 469 (Unique: 321)
Quote: Originally Posted by sirleeofroy View Post
Hi guys,

Looks like I'm stuck with OC'ing the crap out of it in its current BIOS state, unless anyone has any suggestions?!

I have had good results with the shunt mod on my non-A variant. Voltage is still locked to 1.05, but with the power shunt mod, you can lock in your stable clock and NEVER have it fluctuate.



I did no soldering. I took a piece of copper fin from an old heatsink, cut it down and bent it to where it would 'hug' the SMD. Then I put a piece of electrical tape on it, and put the card back together. No issues, only solid stable overclock.

Quote: Originally Posted by tpi2007 View Post
Computex 2018: 'Ladies and Gentleman, people of all chromatic sensibilities and lighting clownery, we are proud to present the aaarrrrgggeeebeeee Circus Maximus!'
Quote: Originally Posted by TFL Replica View Post
I was initially interested in Fallout 76, but my enthusiasm was nuked.
Quote: Originally Posted by rush2049 View Post
If I lob a grenade and die and respawn before it exploded does it still explode?
inedenimadam is offline  
post #548 of 605 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 01:42 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Imprezzion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Gorredijk, Holland
Posts: 2,404
Rep: 98 (Unique: 85)
Quote: Originally Posted by inedenimadam View Post
I have had good results with the shunt mod on my non-A variant. Voltage is still locked to 1.05, but with the power shunt mod, you can lock in your stable clock and NEVER have it fluctuate.



I did no soldering. I took a piece of copper fin from an old heatsink, cut it down and bent it to where it would 'hug' the SMD. Then I put a piece of electrical tape on it, and put the card back together. No issues, only solid stable overclock.
I thought any 2080 could do 1.093v with the "Curve" OC mode in EVAG Precision X / MSI Afterburner?
At least my 2080 Gaming X Trio has no problems running 2115Mhz on 1.093v in "Curve" mode. Even on stock power limit.
Granted, it hits it slightly dropping to ~2040Mhz @ 1.050v sometimes but not to a noticable degree that warrants shunting this thing. It honestly doesn't even have it's warranty anymore since i replaced MSI's terrible TIM and thus removed the sticket on the screw but k. It ran 18c cooler after that so, worth.

Cars:
-Crashed: (not my fault ) '94 Nissan 100NX GA16DE (a.k.a. NX1600). Renault Laguna Phase I facelift '99 1.6 K4M. (Broke a strut and smacked a tree).
-Sold: '00 Nissan Primera P11-144 QG18DE, '97 Honda Prelude F20A4.
-Current daily: '07 Ford Focus 1.6 Futura.
-Current funcars: '03 Suzuki Ignis Sport 1.5 M15A (cooling system broken) & '03 Peugeot 206CC 2.0 RFN fully riced and tuned (Turbo coming soon)
Full-On Rainbowbarf
(15 items)
CPU
i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz 1.248v
Motherboard
MSI MEG Z390 ACE
GPU
MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio @ 2070 / 7800 @ 1093mv
RAM
Corsair Vengeance RGB B-Die @ 4200 16-17-17-28-280-2T 1.54v
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB x2
Power Supply
Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Cooling
EK MLC-Phoenix 280 Kit
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro X64
Monitor
Samsung S27B350H @ 1080p 75Hz OC
Monitor
Iiyama GB2788HS @ 144Hz
Keyboard
Logitech G710+
Mouse
Trust GXT31
Mousepad
Corsair MM300 Large
Audio
Steelseries Siberia V2
CPU
AMD Athlon XP-M Barton @ 2612Mhz
Motherboard
ASUS A7N8X-X
GPU
HIS Radeon X800XL 256MB w/ V-MOD @ 585Mhz GPU 500Mhz VRAM.
RAM
3x512MB Samsung PC-3200 CL3
Hard Drive
Maxtor 80GB IDE
Power Supply
Cooler Master Real Power M520W
Cooling
Cooler Master alu/copper block with a Slipstream 1600RPM
Case
OEM with great airflow and even cable management
Operating System
Windows 98 SE
Operating System
Windows XP Pro SP3
▲ hide details ▲
Imprezzion is offline  
post #549 of 605 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 08:20 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Yetyhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Belgium
Posts: 658
Rep: 24 (Unique: 19)
Quote: Originally Posted by Imprezzion View Post
I thought any 2080 could do 1.093v with the "Curve" OC mode in EVAG Precision X / MSI Afterburner?
At least my 2080 Gaming X Trio has no problems running 2115Mhz on 1.093v in "Curve" mode. Even on stock power limit.
Granted, it hits it slightly dropping to ~2040Mhz @ 1.050v sometimes but not to a noticable degree that warrants shunting this thing. It honestly doesn't even have it's warranty anymore since i replaced MSI's terrible TIM and thus removed the sticket on the screw but k. It ran 18c cooler after that so, worth.
I just got the MSI 2080 Super Ventus. Do you think it is worth replacing the TIM on it ? Do you have a link explaining how to unlock the voltage ? I'm stuck at 1.05 and can barrely OC to 2000mhz.
Is there a better BIOS I could flash on this card that is known to work? My power limit is at 100 .

8700k @ 5Ghz, 1.33v // Asus Strix Z370-E Wifi // G-Skill Trident RGB 16GB 3200mhz // Asus GTX1080 STRIX
Samsung 500Gb 860Evo // Seasonic Focus+ Platinum 550W // Be Quiet! Dark Rock 4 // Meshify C + 3 additional phanteks 140mm

Last edited by Yetyhunter; 10-18-2019 at 09:12 AM.
Yetyhunter is offline  
post #550 of 605 (permalink) Old 10-19-2019, 03:34 PM
Crayon Evangelist
 
inedenimadam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Hotlanta
Posts: 7,598
Rep: 469 (Unique: 321)
Quote: Originally Posted by Yetyhunter View Post
I just got the MSI 2080 Super Ventus. Do you think it is worth replacing the TIM on it ? Do you have a link explaining how to unlock the voltage ? I'm stuck at 1.05 and can barrely OC to 2000mhz.
Is there a better BIOS I could flash on this card that is known to work? My power limit is at 100 .
Unfortunate, but with a non-A chip, there is no easy way to unlock voltage control. It requires a daughterboard, a controller PC, and some smart soldering. The shunt mod will open up the power tartget, but it wont unlock the voltage.


Quote: Originally Posted by Imprezzion View Post
I thought any 2080 could do 1.093v with the "Curve" OC mode in EVAG Precision X / MSI Afterburner?
At least my 2080 Gaming X Trio has no problems running 2115Mhz on 1.093v in "Curve" mode. Even on stock power limit.
Granted, it hits it slightly dropping to ~2040Mhz @ 1.050v sometimes but not to a noticable degree that warrants shunting this thing. It honestly doesn't even have it's warranty anymore since i replaced MSI's terrible TIM and thus removed the sticket on the screw but k. It ran 18c cooler after that so, worth.

The Gaming X Trio is an A chip, which has both a higher voltage limit and power target.

Quote: Originally Posted by tpi2007 View Post
Computex 2018: 'Ladies and Gentleman, people of all chromatic sensibilities and lighting clownery, we are proud to present the aaarrrrgggeeebeeee Circus Maximus!'
Quote: Originally Posted by TFL Replica View Post
I was initially interested in Fallout 76, but my enthusiasm was nuked.
Quote: Originally Posted by rush2049 View Post
If I lob a grenade and die and respawn before it exploded does it still explode?

Last edited by inedenimadam; 10-19-2019 at 03:38 PM.
inedenimadam is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off