[Official] NVIDIA RTX 2080 Ti Owner's Club - Page 1019 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] NVIDIA RTX 2080 Ti Owner's Club

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #10181 of 11367 (permalink) Old 02-15-2020, 12:35 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 5
Rep: 0
Hey so i've been snooping around for the past couple of days trying to wrap my head around it. One thing I noticed is that the the OP guide doesn't make mention of turning off the drivers for his card even though he isnt in DOS. Does that not need to be done with the patched version? Also, With the new xusb is there not an option to do this in DOS for safety?
Emf0r is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #10182 of 11367 (permalink) Old 02-15-2020, 01:31 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
sultanofswing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 402
Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
So whoever posted the HOF XOC Bios on Techpowerup if you are in here something isn't right with it.
I USB Programmed the BIOS about 3 weeks ago and everything was perfect with it other than the BSOD if you saved a profile or tried to lower the power target.

I since switched to a few different BIOS's and ended up USB programming back to the HOF XOC.
I notice now there is a disclaimer on the description and now the BIOS will not allow the PC to wake from sleep without the PC restarting on it's own which it did not do the first time I flashed it before it must have been edited.

Also the first time I flashed that BIOS right before the OS loaded I would get a black screen showing Nvidia BIOS and the BIOS number and now it does not do that.

Hopefully you are in here and can take a look at it, if not it kinda sucks because it has ruined the BIOS.

I have USB programmed it 4 times now and cannot get the same result that I did the first time I Programmed it.
sultanofswing is offline  
post #10183 of 11367 (permalink) Old 02-15-2020, 01:39 PM
Invalid Media
 
J7SC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 1,637
Rep: 75 (Unique: 31)
Quote: Originally Posted by kamueone kamue View Post
That is really nice the frequencies you can run on your cards.

I would flash the bios of the WB version you have. But then the AIO / Pump would not work anymore?

...I don't know as I only ever been on these stock WB Bios. But if you don't mind 'flashing for fun', why not give it a go and (cautiously watching) to see what happens to the AIO pump start-up. Here's a link @ TechPowerup for it https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/...i-11264-181022
J7SC is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #10184 of 11367 (permalink) Old 02-15-2020, 02:09 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 9
Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by J7SC View Post
...I don't know as I only ever been on these stock WB Bios. But if you don't mind 'flashing for fun', why not give it a go and (cautiously watching) to see what happens to the AIO pump start-up. Here's a link @ TechPowerup for it https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/...i-11264-181022
So i tried a couple of things:

first to be sure i disconnected the pump and the Fans from the Card, attached the Fans to the motherboard, and soldered a Cable for the pump. Then gave 12 max. onto the Pump over the motherbard header.

After starting the system all worked fine with a custom Fan Curve and Pump running on Full Speed.

Started 3d Mark to give the system a load. After 5 seconds it will crash the Card. I think there is circuit checking the Pump or/and the fans stats. When they are not connected, System makes a crah under load.

Then i reattached the Fans and pump and Flashed the F2 Bios you mentioned with the H ending not the P ( because i use the 2 Hdmi outputs on the upper left ).

System starts and the Fans kick in at around 40-50%. Pump works. But under load ( 3d Mark ) and a little bit of OC the Card crashes.

So flashed the Backup Bios i keep flashing if nothing works. My Temps are at 40-50°C under load. Can get GPU clocks of 2160 MHz (+133) and MEM clocks of around 8300-8400 Mhz (+1300).

3dMark Point overall 14546 and GPU Score around 16553.

Still same Problem. Hitting GPU Power Limit. Would like to avoid the shunt mod.

Thank you to all.
kamueone kamue is offline  
post #10185 of 11367 (permalink) Old 02-15-2020, 02:21 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 719
Rep: 19 (Unique: 14)
Quote: Originally Posted by kamueone kamue View Post
Thank you very much for teh infos.

For the Palit i would try the Galax HOF Bios 450W . Or is this too much? i would try this one:


https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/...i-11264-181127


For the Aorus Waterforce - I have checked all the I/O Connection of all of the cards, there is no Card with 3x HDMI 3x Diplayports and 1x USBC. And nothing looking nearly similar.

Maybe someone can help.

thank you
That, Galax BIOS you're referring to doesn't work for me in regards to power draw either. It caps itself at around 290 or some odd number. I'm using the
Download GALAX/KFA2 RTX 2080 Ti OC Reference PCB (2x8-Pin) 300W x 127% Power Target BIOS (380W) Official (Source)

└ Compatible with all TU102-300A (1E07) cards ┘

It work's as it should. The other BIOS that works for me but doesn't clock down memory wise is the kingpin XOC ln2. It has no power limit period and works as it should power wise. I was pulling around 550 watts with it. I used the kingpin for my hall of fame run and it was nice for benching.

Worth noting also: I don't care about ports being disabled as I have one gaming monitor and that's it.


#82 Hall Of Fame
(13 items)
CPU
7900x
Motherboard
Asus Rampage Extreme VI
GPU
Asus Dual OC 2080TI
RAM
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 4000 (PC4 32000)
Hard Drive
Samsung 860 Pro 256GB
Optical Drive
LG Blue Ray 12x
Power Supply
Corsair 1000i
Cooling
EK-Velocity RGB - Nickel + Acetal
Case
Thermaltake View 71
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Acer Predator XB1 XB271HU
Keyboard
Razor Huntsman Elite
Mouse
Razor Mamba Elite
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by truehighroller1; 02-15-2020 at 02:24 PM.
truehighroller1 is offline  
post #10186 of 11367 (permalink) Old 02-15-2020, 02:45 PM
Slovak_Killer
 
dangerSK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 274
Rep: 14 (Unique: 11)
Quote: Originally Posted by truehighroller1 View Post
That, Galax BIOS you're referring to doesn't work for me in regards to power draw either. It caps itself at around 290 or some odd number. I'm using the
Download GALAX/KFA2 RTX 2080 Ti OC Reference PCB (2x8-Pin) 300W x 127% Power Target BIOS (380W) Official (Source)

└ Compatible with all TU102-300A (1E07) cards ┘

It work's as it should. The other BIOS that works for me but doesn't clock down memory wise is the kingpin XOC ln2. It has no power limit period and works as it should power wise. I was pulling around 550 watts with it. I used the kingpin for my hall of fame run and it was nice for benching.

Worth noting also: I don't care about ports being disabled as I have one gaming monitor and that's it.
I wouldnt use kingpin XOC ln2, or to be precise only for benching, running it daily is not a good idea, pretty dangerous bios.

LN2 Beast
(6 items)
The Red Ice
(4 items)
CPU
i9 9980XE
Motherboard
Evga X299 Dark
GPU
MSI RTX 2080Ti Lightning Z
RAM
G-skill 3200 c14 Trident Z
Cooling
Kingpin F1 Dark
Cooling
EKWB Loop
CPU
Ryzen 3900X
Motherboard
ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Impact
GPU
Galax 1080Ti OC Lab
Cooling
EKWB CUSTOM LOOP
▲ hide details ▲
dangerSK is online now  
post #10187 of 11367 (permalink) Old 02-15-2020, 05:17 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 719
Rep: 19 (Unique: 14)
Quote: Originally Posted by dangerSK View Post
I wouldnt use kingpin XOC ln2, or to be precise only for benching, running it daily is not a good idea, pretty dangerous bios.
That's what I said.


#82 Hall Of Fame
(13 items)
CPU
7900x
Motherboard
Asus Rampage Extreme VI
GPU
Asus Dual OC 2080TI
RAM
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 4000 (PC4 32000)
Hard Drive
Samsung 860 Pro 256GB
Optical Drive
LG Blue Ray 12x
Power Supply
Corsair 1000i
Cooling
EK-Velocity RGB - Nickel + Acetal
Case
Thermaltake View 71
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Acer Predator XB1 XB271HU
Keyboard
Razor Huntsman Elite
Mouse
Razor Mamba Elite
▲ hide details ▲
truehighroller1 is offline  
post #10188 of 11367 (permalink) Old 02-15-2020, 11:06 PM
The IT guy...
 
OrionBG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 370
Rep: 10 (Unique: 8)
Hey guys,
I have two 2080Ti cards, one EVGA XC and one EVGA XC Ultra. both are Reference PCBs.
What is the highest TDP BIOS I can flash on those? I'll be running them water-cooled.
On my old 1080Ti I had an unlimited everything BIOS but I don't know if there is one for the 2080Ti compatible with reference PCBs.
Ideally I'm looking for a BIOS that can do around 500W - 600W as I'll be running them both in the same system and there is also going to be a Threadripper 3960x so I want to have some power left for it
I guess this have been asked many time but the thread is so big nowadays... and the first post did not (or at least I did not find) if a BIOS from a non reference card can be flashed to a reference PCB card...

Orion-TR4
(12 items)
CPU
Threadripper 1950x
Motherboard
Asrock x399 Taichi
GPU
EVGA 1080 Ti FE
RAM
G.Skill TridentZ RGB
Hard Drive
Samsung PM961 Nvme SSD
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO SATA SSD
Hard Drive
Intel 5400S SATA SSD
Power Supply
Corsair HX1000i
Cooling
Custom Loop mostly EKWB
Case
Lian-Li PC-O11 WGX ROG Edition
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Audio
Sound Blaster Z
▲ hide details ▲
OrionBG is offline  
post #10189 of 11367 (permalink) Old 02-15-2020, 11:45 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
sultanofswing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 402
Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
Quote: Originally Posted by OrionBG View Post
Hey guys,
I have two 2080Ti cards, one EVGA XC and one EVGA XC Ultra. both are Reference PCBs.
What is the highest TDP BIOS I can flash on those? I'll be running them water-cooled.
On my old 1080Ti I had an unlimited everything BIOS but I don't know if there is one for the 2080Ti compatible with reference PCBs.
Ideally I'm looking for a BIOS that can do around 500W - 600W as I'll be running them both in the same system and there is also going to be a Threadripper 3960x so I want to have some power left for it
I guess this have been asked many time but the thread is so big nowadays... and the first post did not (or at least I did not find) if a BIOS from a non reference card can be flashed to a reference PCB card...
You have a few options as I have the same card, Depending on what your BIOS chip is of course.
For a BIOS that can do 5-600w there are really only 3 options
Asus XOC
Kingpin XOC
Galax HOF XOC
Those Bios have pretty much unlimited power limits but they have some slight drawbacks.
The Asus XOC has a 1000 watt limit, no overvoltage, memory clocks stuck in 3d mode and you cannot use voltage curve editor.
The Kingpin XOC works great but the voltage is locked to 1.125v and the memory clocks do not go into 2d mode and you cannot use the voltage curve editor.
The Galax HOF XOC works better I feel as you can use the voltage curve to control the voltage, Clocks work normal in 2d mode but with the only available BIOS that you can download you cannot adjust the power target and you cannot save a profile as it will cause a BSOD.

The Kingpin XOC can be flashed to any card regardless of the BIOS chip version
The only available download of the HOF XOC bios can only be flashed to Older BIOS chip versions unless you have a CH341A USB programmer(that is how I do it)

As far as I know there are only a few Bios that work perfectly on the XC Ultra That I would use and that would be,
Asus Matrix/White with a 360 watt power limit.
EVGA FTW 3 with a 373 watt power limit.
Galax/KFA2 with a 380 watt power limit.

There are a few more BIOS files with a higher limit but they do not work properly, example. the 450 watt HOF Bios does not work properly on the XC Ultra as the XC/XC ultra are only 2 8 pin.

Me personally I use the HOF XOC Bios for daily use as the voltage curve works so when I want to just game I can use my normal [email protected] and then If I want to bench I can crank it up however high I want.
sultanofswing is offline  
post #10190 of 11367 (permalink) Old 02-16-2020, 12:38 AM
The IT guy...
 
OrionBG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 370
Rep: 10 (Unique: 8)
Quote: Originally Posted by sultanofswing View Post
...The Galax HOF XOC works better I feel as you can use the voltage curve to control the voltage, Clocks work normal in 2d mode but with the only available BIOS that you can download you cannot adjust the power target and you cannot save a profile as it will cause a BSOD....
Probably a stupid question but what do you mean by saving a profile? Do you mean in MSI Afterburner/Precision X1 or something else?

Orion-TR4
(12 items)
CPU
Threadripper 1950x
Motherboard
Asrock x399 Taichi
GPU
EVGA 1080 Ti FE
RAM
G.Skill TridentZ RGB
Hard Drive
Samsung PM961 Nvme SSD
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO SATA SSD
Hard Drive
Intel 5400S SATA SSD
Power Supply
Corsair HX1000i
Cooling
Custom Loop mostly EKWB
Case
Lian-Li PC-O11 WGX ROG Edition
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Audio
Sound Blaster Z
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by OrionBG; 02-16-2020 at 12:50 AM.
OrionBG is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (1 members and 2 guests)
rustyk
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off