[Official] NVIDIA RTX 2080 Ti Owner's Club - Page 1056 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

[Official] NVIDIA RTX 2080 Ti Owner's Club

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #10551 of 10622 (permalink) Old 03-25-2020, 05:20 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Montreal
Posts: 134
Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Thank you both, for all the info!!!

So one more small question, I would have to get two thermal sheets, one 0.5mm for the chokes and one 1mm for the vrm? Like on these ekwb instructions:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...=1585137993939

I won't be doing this now, guess all the issues I had with the previous two cards (dxgi device hung in most games and barely any oc room on the matrix bios) was maybe caused by the vrms not delivering full power. Currently I can push 2070mhz @ 1v with no issues
AndrejB is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #10552 of 10622 (permalink) Old 03-25-2020, 11:01 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 2
Rep: 0
Anyone got experience with flashing a Bios to a new xusb fw card?

Hi All,

Unfortunately i got a MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio with a new XUSB FW ID: 0x70100003
and this one has the following bios on it (see GPU-Z Screenshot)

And the problem is that there is no Bios out there that I am aware of that would flash onto my card (XUSB FW ID Mismatch)

Do you guys know any solution how I could get a another Bios with a bigger Powerlimit on my card than 330w?
and which bios would you recommend to flash?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Anmerkung 2020-03-25 185807.png
Views:	6
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	334896  

dave.knb is offline  
post #10553 of 10622 (permalink) Old 03-25-2020, 01:24 PM
Like a fox!
 
kithylin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Dallas, Texas, USA
Posts: 2,352
Rep: 89 (Unique: 68)
Quote: Originally Posted by Imprezzion View Post
They will always be higher. A VRM isn't a "chip". It doesn't have to run under 80c. Most VRM's are rated for like 125c and they don't perform (much) worse at 75c compared to 45c. It's a physical component not a microchip.

VRM 5c higher than core is amazing actually lol. Anything under 90c is plenty of headroom.
Yep totally this. Back in the GTX 700 and GTX 900 days the VRM's on almost all cards tended to run at least +20c hotter than core temps and sometimes +30c more than core temps. It's all perfectly normal and fine and nothing to be concerned about. Even if your VRM's were running 100c when your core was 60c that's still perfectly normal and nothing to care about, even for RTX 2080 Ti's.
kithylin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #10554 of 10622 (permalink) Old 03-25-2020, 05:34 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
sultanofswing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 185
Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by dave.knb View Post
Hi All,

Unfortunately i got a MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio with a new XUSB FW ID: 0x70100003
and this one has the following bios on it (see GPU-Z Screenshot)

And the problem is that there is no Bios out there that I am aware of that would flash onto my card (XUSB FW ID Mismatch)

Do you guys know any solution how I could get a another Bios with a bigger Powerlimit on my card than 330w?
and which bios would you recommend to flash?

Since you have the newer card which has the newer vendor for the bios chip (MX vs ISSI) you can flash it with any MX bios available.

The best option I used on my old MX based FE was the EVGA FTW 3 373watt BIOS.

If you want to flash a BIOS like lets say the Galax 380 watt bios and the only option is the older ISSI version BIOS you will have to hard flash the card using the USB CH341A Programming method which is actually pretty simple.
sultanofswing is offline  
post #10555 of 10622 (permalink) Old 03-25-2020, 08:12 PM
Invalid Media
 
J7SC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 1,399
Rep: 60 (Unique: 26)
FYI, DerBauer did a quick 'show and tell' of the 2080 Ti Cyberpunk 2077 edition

J7SC is offline  
post #10556 of 10622 (permalink) Old 03-26-2020, 05:47 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Montreal
Posts: 134
Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Anyone notice that after running oc scanner, the card can't drop to pcie 1.1, rather stays at pcie 2 (810mhz mem instead of 405)?
AndrejB is offline  
post #10557 of 10622 (permalink) Old 03-26-2020, 11:17 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
jura11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London,UK
Posts: 2,030
Rep: 103 (Unique: 67)
Quote: Originally Posted by AndrejB View Post
Thank you both, for all the info!!!

So one more small question, I would have to get two thermal sheets, one 0.5mm for the chokes and one 1mm for the vrm? Like on these ekwb instructions:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...=1585137993939

I won't be doing this now, guess all the issues I had with the previous two cards (dxgi device hung in most games and barely any oc room on the matrix bios) was maybe caused by the vrms not delivering full power. Currently I can push 2070mhz @ 1v with no issues

Hi Andrej

These instructions are for EKWB Vector waterblocks and not sure if they're applicable to your case or yours situation as you are running stock air cooler and I'm not 100% on thickness of thermal pad

EKWB are not the best thermal pads, try Fujipoly or Alphacool Eisschicht pads which I think are rebranded Fujipoly pads or are very similar to them

That's great OC at 1.0v, I folded in [email protected] with 1.0v at 2130MHz and no issues, temperatures have been in 38-40° C as max and no issues

For some other tests I use 1.02v where 2130-2145MHz is possible just not in rendering as always because will crash with CUDA errors

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura
jura11 is offline  
post #10558 of 10622 (permalink) Old 03-26-2020, 01:36 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
newls1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Atlanta GA
Posts: 1,470
Rep: 35 (Unique: 27)
quick question: I have a Gigabyte Gaming OC under a FCWB and while gaming, the temps usually hover in the 31-33c range loaded playing either games like FC5 or metro exodus, etc.. with a room temp of 66-67f. Using MSI afterburner OC over the past several months of +150MHz core / +1100Mem, and maxed out power slider... My GPU clock boosts to 2130, and sometimes drops to 2115Mhz.. These about average speeds for a ref 2080Ti on water? I mean, im super happy and not 1 issue ever with it "yet", but was just wondering what your average joe gets for oc's using water on these huge ass gpus... Thanks

**Intel System** Asus Z390E Strix / 8700k @ 4.85Ghz / 32GB BDie @ 3200 CL14 / PowerColor 5700XT / eVGA 850w PSU / Sammy 960 EVO m.2 / MX500 250gb games SSD / 49" Samsung UltraWide 144Hz
**AMD System** Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero / 3950X @ 4.605GHz (CCD0) 4.45GHz (CCD1) 1.350v/ 64GB DJR Mem @ 3740MHz CL16 / 2080 Ti / eVGA 1200 Plat PSU / Sabrent 1Tb PCIe4.0 m.2 / MX500 500gb games SSD / 34" LG UltraWide 144Hz
(Dual watercooling loops for CPU and GPU, all highend)


newls1 is offline  
post #10559 of 10622 (permalink) Old 03-26-2020, 01:57 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Montreal
Posts: 134
Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote: Originally Posted by jura11 View Post

Hi Andrej

These instructions are for EKWB Vector waterblocks and not sure if they're applicable to your case or yours situation as you are running stock air cooler and I'm not 100% on thickness of thermal pad

EKWB are not the best thermal pads, try Fujipoly or Alphacool Eisschicht pads which I think are rebranded Fujipoly pads or are very similar to them

That's great OC at 1.0v, I folded in [email protected] with 1.0v at 2130MHz and no issues, temperatures have been in 38-40° C as max and no issues

For some other tests I use 1.02v where 2130-2145MHz is possible just not in rendering as always because will crash with CUDA errors

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura
Thanks Jura, guess I'll ask asus support when the time comes for specs.

I did find a retailer here in canada that has the fujipoly pads (has 13kW/h and also 17kW/h but these are a bit expensive and probably excessive)

Finally have a card that can compare with yours 🙂
AndrejB is offline  
post #10560 of 10622 (permalink) Old 03-26-2020, 01:59 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
chibi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 781
Rep: 35 (Unique: 30)
Quote: Originally Posted by AndrejB View Post
Thanks Jura, guess I'll ask asus support when the time comes for specs.

I did find a retailer here in canada that has the fujipoly pads (has 13kW/h and also 17kW/h but these are a bit expensive and probably excessive)

Finally have a card that can compare with yours 🙂

Curious, who is the retailer if I may ask?

Unit 02
(12 items)
CPU
Intel Core i7-8700K
Motherboard
ASUS Maximus X Apex
GPU
NVIDIA Titan Xp
RAM
GSkill Trident Z - 16GB
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 PRO - 512GB
Power Supply
PRIME Ultra 1000 Titanium
Cooling
EK-CoolStream PE 360
Case
Lian Li PC-O11
Monitor
Dell AW3418DW
Keyboard
Corsair K70 RGB
Mouse
SteelSeries Rival 300
Audio
AKG K7XX
▲ hide details ▲
chibi is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off