[Official] NVIDIA RTX 2080 Ti Owner's Club - Page 637 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] NVIDIA RTX 2080 Ti Owner's Club

post #6361 of 9718 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 09:44 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Hi any one 2080ti having problem? My Com shutdown suddenly when I was playing games . And I was unable to on it back until I off and on back the power. Really nid some help here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6362 of 9718 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 10:04 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
First are you sure its the GPU and not the PSU? Cables can also produce the same effect. Are you using smaller cables?

Whoever invented the term coil whine needs a boot in their backside. A bit misleading. There is no whine about it, only people whining about it. Scratching sound like an old spinner hdd is high frequency vibrations as current passes through the chokes.

Have you checked what your GPU voltage is doing under load and more specifically the 12V rails getting to the card. Simple ohms law, voltage goes down and current goes up. Current is the force behind the phenomena and the purpose of the chokes is to smooth current.
Yeah, I double checked to be sure. I'm using Cablemod Pro series cables. I still haven't replaced the cables since I'm too lazy. Also I was testing on an open case earlier - all panels off, but now that I put them back the sound was barely audible, surprisingly. So I guess I'd leave it at that.
post #6363 of 9718 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 10:27 AM
Head Dwarf

Rep: 101 (Unique: 57)
Quote: Originally Posted by VPII View Post
Sounds cool.... I steer clear of RGB as much as possible,except for these lights changing colours on my Asus Crasshair VII mobo...... mind you I can switch it off.... well let me do it.
Yeah, RGB doesn't do a heck of a lot for me either. A little accent lighting at most keyed to the color of a build does the trick at my end. Not that some RGB build don't look nice, mind you; just that some do look a lot like a three-ring circus in a seedier part of town.

Just noted that it looks like @J7SC pinged me above, but for some reason the mention tags got dropped.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6364 of 9718 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 11:56 AM
Invalid Media

Rep: 40 (Unique: 20)
Quote: Originally Posted by VPII View Post
Sounds cool.... I steer clear of RGB as much as possible,except for these lights changing colours on my Asus Crasshair VII mobo...... mind you I can switch it off.... well let me do it.

Quote: Originally Posted by iamjanco View Post
Yeah, RGB doesn't do a heck of a lot for me either. A little accent lighting at most keyed to the color of a build does the trick at my end. Not that some RGB build don't look nice, mind you; just that some do look a lot like a three-ring circus in a seedier part of town.

Just noted that it looks like @J7SC pinged me above, but for some reason the mention tags got dropped.

...may be you got banned

On the RGB, I can deal with the mobo and RAM 'blink-da-blinky' via MSI Bios. As to the GPUs and running Aorus engine software for their RGB, it (together w/ Asus Aura) was written up before as a potential security threat though recent updates presumably dealt with that...still, I don't like all these things loading & running in windows.

I can either physically disconnect the Aorus 2080 Ti WB RGB wires - or: just load the 380w Galax Bios. I don't really need the extra watts (per above), but while it would disable some output ports (I don't need all of them anyway) that would also disable the RGB on the GPUs...besides, an extra 15-20w freed up from the RBG wouldn't actually hurt either.

Once it is all done, I can hardly wait to play Metro: Exodus - while this is not a pure gamer build and has some serious productivity functions ahead, dual 2080 TIs should make games like Metro: Ex very nice looking and performing w/ RTX, given what I have seen so far by 'Igor's lab' (visual comp at 5min+ below) and others, such as 'Hardware Unboxed'.

post #6365 of 9718 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 04:10 PM
Overclocker

Rep: 33 (Unique: 26)
Quote: Originally Posted by J7SC View Post

Once it is all done, I can hardly wait to play Metro: Exodus - while this is not a pure gamer build and has some serious productivity functions ahead, dual 2080 TIs should make games like Metro: Ex very nice looking and performing w/ RTX, given what I have seen so far by 'Igor's lab' (visual comp at 5min+ below) and others, such as 'Hardware Unboxed'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acku0ArXvB4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH5QNQngL8A
No sli support in metro exodus. Makes me not want to play the game since i have 2 2080tis in sli. I could get playable framerates with rtx enabled and dlss off if sli was supported. Instead i'm stuck with no rtx and i can't stand dlss making everything blurry so thats off too.

Singularity Cases Spectre
Intel 9900k @ 5.2ghz 1.365v
Nvidia 2080 TI SLI @ 2130mhz
G.Skill Trident Z memory 2x8gb 4000mhz 16-17-17-28 1.45v
Gigabyte z390 Aorus Master Motherboard
EVGA 1200w P2 psu
Custom waterloop
post #6366 of 9718 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 04:41 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by kot0005 View Post
https://twitter.com/RobotBrush/statu...46867624337410

Console port, hence why no option..

Pretty Pissed that DLSS kills HDR in Metro Exodus.
Yup! Metro with DLSS + HDR looks like absolute garbage. Way too washed out!
post #6367 of 9718 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 05:00 PM
4k Enthusiast

Rep: 184 (Unique: 126)
Quote: Originally Posted by Edge0fsanity View Post
No sli support in metro exodus. Makes me not want to play the game since i have 2 2080tis in sli. I could get playable framerates with rtx enabled and dlss off if sli was supported. Instead i'm stuck with no rtx and i can't stand dlss making everything blurry so thats off too.
It's sad, but SLI is pretty much in the dumpster for gaming; it's benchmark tech and Nvidia appears to have done that fairly intentionally.

With a controller - not mouse - I find the game playable on a single card at 4k. Dunno if I like the variable framerate or just locking it to 30, which it holds 99% of the time; I wish my 4k TV had gsync.

DLSS is incredibly ugly. It's basically everything bad about FXAA cranked up to eleven... so blurry. It's the biggest flop of the RTX series. 70% resolution scaling looks significantly better than DLSS and I think it might even perform a bit better too.

post #6368 of 9718 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 05:29 PM
Invalid Media

Rep: 40 (Unique: 20)
Quote: Originally Posted by Edge0fsanity View Post
That sucks ...and a bit weird as the 4K benchmarks w/ everything on max seem to bring even a single 2080 Ti down to lower overall frame rates and 1% FT readings -- are there at least some plans by Epic games to introduce a SLI profile for Metro: Exodus later ?
post #6369 of 9718 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 07:20 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 61 (Unique: 60)
Anyone have any luck enabling the RGB on a Founder's Edition card yet? I don't like the green and want it to match my all red setup.

CPU: Intel i7 9900KF -- GPU: 2x Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti Founder's Edition -- Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximum XI Hero Wifi -- RAM: 64 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance RGB -- SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 -- HD: WD 4TB Blue -- Power Supply: Corsair HX1200 -- Case: Thermaltake Tower 900 -- OS: Windows 10 Pro -- Monitor: Asus ROG SWift PG27UQ 4k 144hz -- Keyboard: Steelseries Apex Pro -- Mouse: Steelseries Rival 710
post #6370 of 9718 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 08:35 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by J7SC View Post
...may be you got banned

I can either physically disconnect the Aorus 2080 Ti WB RGB wires - or: just load the 380w Galax Bios. I don't really need the extra watts (per above), but while it would disable some output ports (I don't need all of them anyway) that would also disable the RGB on the GPUs...besides, an extra 15-20w freed up from the RBG wouldn't actually hurt either.

That sucks ...and a bit weird as the 4K benchmarks w/ everything on max seem to bring even a single 2080 Ti down to lower overall frame rates and 1% FT readings -- are there at least some plans by Epic games to introduce a SLI profile for Metro: Exodus later ?
rgb wave effect still works with the 380 galax bios. Only thing it disables are outputs, it messes up fan behaviour and leds on them if you had those.
You really think rgb takes 20w? wish I had a watometer laying around.

To bad metro is a mess right now, mouse aim is floaty and horrible, there is a grey shade over the screen where I can't see **** in the dark. Waiting for some patches really.

Latest iteration of the 4A engine was used, same as metro 2033 and last light, which all supported sli. Who knows what game nvidia is playing? Anthem also seemed to have sli support in the first alphas as the first demos ran on 2 1080tis, now poof game is golden and sli support is gone..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in