[Official] NVIDIA RTX 2080 Ti Owner's Club - Page 794 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] NVIDIA RTX 2080 Ti Owner's Club

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #7931 of 8267 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 04:44 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Cancretto's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Italy
Posts: 34
Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote: Originally Posted by acmilangr View Post
Thanks for the answer

This card have tested with 380w Galax bios and have great clocks (up to 2205mhz on superposition 4k).

I saw these very high power limit bios and I have some questions :

-is there any dangerous with so high
power on VRM or any other on the card?

-if it is unlimited will I have any issue with my EVGA 750W G3 Power supply?

-this card have reference pcb. Are these bios you recommend compatible with evga XC gaming?
Yeah, 380W bios is a nice one but slightly slower than matrix bios, so if you want to shunt mod your card to rise power limit, I'd suggest you to use matrix bios

Anyways with xoc bios, the card under heavy load may peak around 600W, but even reference pcb can hold up over 600W of power.
Obviously your vrm temps will rise a bit, but with a fan pointed at them they will be more than fine, so I'd say it's not a problem.

Your PSU can sustain the card itself even with xoc bios, but depending on your other hardware, if your full system goes under full load, you may max out your PSU.

Also yes, those bios are for sure compatible with reference boards, I've been using them for some months on my own reference card.
Hope this helps
Cancretto is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #7932 of 8267 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 01:06 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
acmilangr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 213
Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by Cancretto View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by acmilangr View Post
Thanks for the answer

This card have tested with 380w Galax bios and have great clocks (up to 2205mhz on superposition 4k).

I saw these very high power limit bios and I have some questions :

-is there any dangerous with so high
power on VRM or any other on the card?

-if it is unlimited will I have any issue with my EVGA 750W G3 Power supply?

-this card have reference pcb. Are these bios you recommend compatible with evga XC gaming?
Yeah, 380W bios is a nice one but slightly slower than matrix bios, so if you want to shunt mod your card to rise power limit, I'd suggest you to use matrix bios

Anyways with xoc bios, the card under heavy load may peak around 600W, but even reference pcb can hold up over 600W of power.
Obviously your vrm temps will rise a bit, but with a fan pointed at them they will be more than fine, so I'd say it's not a problem.

Your PSU can sustain the card itself even with xoc bios, but depending on your other hardware, if your full system goes under full load, you may max out your PSU.

Also yes, those bios are for sure compatible with reference boards, I've been using them for some months on my own reference card.
Hope this helps [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
Thanks for the answer.
What is your card?
acmilangr is offline  
post #7933 of 8267 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 01:23 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Cancretto's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Italy
Posts: 34
Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote: Originally Posted by acmilangr View Post
Thanks for the answer.
What is your card?
I had a palit gaming pro oc liquid cooled with kraken x62 from October 2018, just recently I replaced it with an evga ftw3
Cancretto is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #7934 of 8267 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 02:13 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
mattxx88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Italy
Posts: 98
Rep: 0
hi guys, i have an rtx 2080Ti MSI gaming X trio, i am on a custom watercooled system and this gpu seems to be very hot to me.
I flashed 400W bios, and i have 52° in game (my old 1080Ti never did over 40°)
Some1 else using this cards watercooled can share his temps? just to have an idea
mattxx88 is online now  
post #7935 of 8267 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 04:06 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Xeq54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Slovakia
Posts: 85
Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote: Originally Posted by mattxx88 View Post
hi guys, i have an rtx 2080Ti MSI gaming X trio, i am on a custom watercooled system and this gpu seems to be very hot to me.
I flashed 400W bios, and i have 52° in game (my old 1080Ti never did over 40°)
Some1 else using this cards watercooled can share his temps? just to have an idea
Turing runs a bit hotter than pascal. I have custom loop with 2x280 rads push/pull and with fans at 800rpm I can reach around 45 degrees when gaming. With fans at 1800rpm, it stays around 39-42 degrees depending on the game and CPU load since it is on the same loop.

I had the pascal card on the same loop and as you described, it never exceeded 40 degrees while gaming at 800rpm.
Xeq54 is offline  
post #7936 of 8267 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 04:10 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
GAN77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 169
Rep: 0
Hello guys!

How can you recommend bios for reference PCB with micron memory, with limit 360-400 watts?
GAN77 is online now  
post #7937 of 8267 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 11:00 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Nicklas0912's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 131
Rep: 0
Hello.

Did any one try the ASUS RTX 2080 Ti Strix OC Custom PCB (2x8-Pin) 1000W x 100% Power Target BIOS (1000W) on a ref PCB? I hear from someone that it works...
Nicklas0912 is offline  
post #7938 of 8267 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 12:07 PM
OC...D
 
Jpmboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 26,276
Rep: 1273 (Unique: 561)
Quote: Originally Posted by GAN77 View Post
Hello guys!

How can you recommend bios for reference PCB with micron memory, with limit 360-400 watts?
the Galax 380W bios works fine on the FE with micron memory...

ASUS Z370/Z390 Motherboard Support Thread, Coffee Lake OC Guide
GPUs For Sale
X299
(27 items)
x99
(18 items)
Z370
(19 items)
CPU
7980XE
CPU
7740X
CPU
9900X
Motherboard
ASUS Rampage VI Apex
Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus G9
Motherboard
Rampage VI Extreme Omega
GPU
2x Nvidia Titan V
GPU
GTX 1080
GPU
2 2080Ti FE / EK Vector Blocks
RAM
G. Skill 2x(2x8GB) 3600c15 @4000c16
RAM
Team Group
RAM
Two 4x8GB GS 3600c16 kits @ 4000c16
Hard Drive
INtel Optane 900P
Hard Drive
2x256 Plextor Raid 0
Hard Drive
WD Raptor
Hard Drive
Samsung Sm 961
Power Supply
Corsair AX1500i
Power Supply
EVGA 850 G3
Cooling
Aquacomputer GiGant 1680 (4x420)
Cooling
Koolance EXC-800
Case
Microcool Banchetto 101 (Alu)
Case
Corsair 570X
Operating System
Win 10 Pro
Operating System
Win 7 Pro
Monitor
ROG Swift
Keyboard
Ducky
Mouse
Spatha
CPU
6950X
Motherboard
ASUS Rampage V Extreme-10
GPU
Titan Xp
GPU
Titan Xp
RAM
G Skill 8x8GB 3200c14 @3400c13
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 Pro
Optical Drive
ASUS BR/DVD/CD
Power Supply
Corsair AX1500i
Cooling
2x360 Aq Copper Rads
Cooling
Aquaero 6
Cooling
Koolance ERM-3K3U (9-fan mora)
Cooling
Ek Full Cover MB waterblock
Case
CaseLabs Mercury S8
Operating System
Win 10 Pro
Operating System
Win 7 Pro
Monitor
AGON 32 inch
Keyboard
Das Pro
Mouse
Logitech G700
CPU
8700K
CPU
8086K
Motherboard
ASUS Maximus X Apex
GPU
GTX 1070Ti FTW2
RAM
2x8 GB G.Skill 4400c19
RAM
G.Skill 3600c16 4x6GB
Hard Drive
Intel 750
Optical Drive
PLextor DVD/CD
Power Supply
Corsair AX1500i
Power Supply
Corsair HX 1200i
Power Supply
Seasonic Titanium 850W
Cooling
360Rad + Chiller
Cooling
Koolance ERM-3K3U
Case
Corasir 570
Operating System
Win 10
Operating System
Windows 7 Pro
Monitor
55" 4K
Keyboard
HyperX Alloy FPS Pro
Mouse
SteelSeries Rival
▲ hide details ▲


Jpmboy is offline  
post #7939 of 8267 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 01:06 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
GAN77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 169
Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by Jpmboy View Post
the Galax 380W bios works fine on the FE with micron memory...
Thanks for the answer!

Waiting for the water, I test Inno3D RTX2080Ti Gaming OC X3 on the air.

Video card is absolutely not suitable for air((
Therefore, while I was engaged in Undervolting)


Spoiler!
GAN77 is online now  
post #7940 of 8267 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 03:11 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Cancretto's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Italy
Posts: 34
Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote: Originally Posted by Nicklas0912 View Post
Hello.

Did any one try the ASUS RTX 2080 Ti Strix OC Custom PCB (2x8-Pin) 1000W x 100% Power Target BIOS (1000W) on a ref PCB? I hear from someone that it works...
Hi, yes that bios will work on reference boards, however unless you're on sub-ambient cooling with low temperature, the card will boost voltages just around 1.050V and since it lacks of V/F curve, you can't lock higher voltages. It's pretty similar to 380W Galax bios, but without any frequency fluctuation due to unlimited power limit.
For this reason I think it's not a great bios overall, a better choice you can try is the kingpin xoc bios, it will boost your card at 1.125V without fluctuations so you can squeeze some more frequency out your card
Cancretto is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
ocvn
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off