I have an EVGA 2080 Ti Black Edition that is a lot slower than it should be, simply put, at stock clocks it's only a hair faster than my previous 2080 Ti and gets pretty low scores in Time Spy, Fire Strike and games. Temps, clocks, power usage, voltage and loads are all within the norm but it's just extremely slow.
So far I tried:
1. Updating all the drivers
2. Doing a clean install of all the drivers using DDU
3. Doing a clean install of Windows
4. Updating all of my motherboard's drivers
5. Checked the PCIe slots speed to make sure it was running at 16x
6. Moved it to a different PCIe slot(that defaulted to 8x for some reason, only the top one does not and according to the manual, all three are 16x)
I tried to overclock the core clock by 250MHz. I now hit 1900+MHz in games when it's boosting. I think the highest I reached was 2040MHz. Performance went up by a substantial amount in both benchmarks and games to the point I am within normal range of a stock 2080 Ti. Performance went up by 12-15% across the board. This is with my CPU OC'd to 5GHz.
I decided to drop the CPU down to 4GHz and kept the GPU overclock but my performance went south again. Then I decided to revert the GPU overclock but overclock the CPU to 5GHz, again, bad performance. If I overclock both the CPU and GPU I get a much higher graphics score.
It goes from 6128 to 6928 on the graphics score alone. That's an enormous 12% improvement over stock clocks for both CPU and GPU. That's in Time Spy Extreme. In games such as Far Cry 5 and Shadow of the Tomb Raider, performance also goes up significantly(around 15%) which makes little sense because this would suggest I am hitting both a CPU and GPU bottleneck running a 9900K+2080 Ti on a Z390 high-end motherboard with 3000MHz clocked RAM. I'm rather confused at the moment.
I already made a separate thread in this section but got only one response after 36hrs so I was thinking maybe folks in the owner's thread could lend a hand.
I started chatting with EVGA to see if there were any other potential issues but I think I'll have to RMA it.
Thanks to everyone for any kind of help.