[Official] NVIDIA RTX 2080 Ti Owner's Club - Page 801 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] NVIDIA RTX 2080 Ti Owner's Club

post #8001 of 9790 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 01:55 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
86jarrod

Quote: Originally Posted by Alemancio View Post
Bumping this guys, KPE Bios on FTW3, works?
Works just fine on my ftw3 ultra. Have it saved on my OC bios. I found i get better scores with the shunt modded regular bios even though less volts at 1.093. About 15 to 30 mhz less stable with KPE XOC. Your card might see an improvement especially if you haven't shunt modded. Give it a try just watch your temps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8002 of 9790 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 02:42 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by 86Jarrod View Post
Works just fine on my ftw3 ultra. Have it saved on my OC bios. I found i get better scores with the shunt modded regular bios even though less volts at 1.093. About 15 to 30 mhz less stable with KPE XOC. Your card might see an improvement especially if you haven't shunt modded. Give it a try just watch your temps.
Thanks, appreciate your input. I'll give it a shot then!
post #8003 of 9790 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 04:42 PM
New to Overclock.net

I flashed KPE Bios on a FTW3 Ultra, however the GPU Clock is stuck between 350~580Mhz. The card barely uses 90W regardless of what I move the slider to.

Any idea what's up? I've tried reflashing, flashing back (retesting stock, all good) and flashing again. Also, tried the Normal KPE and the OC KPE Bios, no luck...

Help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8004 of 9790 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 05:28 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 102 (Unique: 73)
@ everyone
Can you guys let me know your graphics score in; Time Spy, Time Spy Extreme, Fire Strike, Fire Strike Extreme, Fire Strike Ultra?

Additionally, can you post your frame rates for the benchmarks of: Far Cry 5, AC: Odyssey, AC: Origins, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Rise of the Tomb Raider and Middle Earth: Shadow of War?

At stock clocks(1350MHz), 3840x2160 and at the highest PRESETS available.

Would like to compare the scores to mine because the score in benchmarks online are all over the place.

post #8005 of 9790 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 06:36 PM
New to Overclock.net

I flashed KPE Bios on a FTW3 Ultra, however the GPU Clock is stuck between 350~580Mhz. The card barely uses 90W regardless of what I move the slider to.

Any idea what's up? I've tried reflashing, flashing back (retesting stock, all good) and flashing again. Also, tried the Normal KPE and the OC KPE Bios, no luck...

Help?
I'm not sure what to tell you i just switched to it and am on it now. I found after all the bios i've tried that sometimes after flashing you need to restart pc a couple times for flash to fully work. Not sure if that's it or not.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KPE XOC.png
Views:	32
Size:	1.93 MB
ID:	271570  

post #8006 of 9790 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 08:21 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
I have the chance to but a gigabyte turbo 11g non oc 300 non a model for cheap. I would be putting it under a kraken x42 g12 bracket.

Is there a bios flash i can do to get past the 280w limit? Are there any current tricks that can help me use the extra oc headroom i will have? Am i really going to see any significant difference from a bottom barrel 300a vs a 300?

post #8007 of 9790 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 08:56 PM
New to Overclock.net

I'm not sure what to tell you i just switched to it and am on it now. I found after all the bios i've tried that sometimes after flashing you need to restart pc a couple times for flash to fully work. Not sure if that's it or not.
Did you do anything else besides NVFLASH64 -6 KPE'sBIOS? I tried both OC and Normal ROMS from here (unless I should be using a different one?). I'm guessing that the PCIe ID flashes also, no? along with the Firmware (and therefore the card is detected as a Kingpin Hybrid now and no longer an FTW3)
post #8008 of 9790 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 09:35 PM
New to Overclock.net

Did you do anything else besides NVFLASH64 -6 KPE'sBIOS? I tried both OC and Normal ROMS from here (unless I should be using a different one?). I'm guessing that the PCIe ID flashes also, no? along with the Firmware (and therefore the card is detected as a Kingpin Hybrid now and no longer an FTW3)
I haven't tried the two regular bios just the 90.02.17.40.88 XOC from the same place you linked. I'm not sure what else it could be. I am using FTW3 Ultra shunt modded but that shouldn't matter I don't think. Maybe someone with more knowledge than me about these cards will have an idea. Anymore questions i'll try to answer them if i can. Good luck

Last edited by 86Jarrod; 05-26-2019 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Adding Shunt mod
post #8009 of 9790 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 10:28 PM
New to Overclock.net

Here is a good guide for flashing bios on 2080 Ti:

https://www.overclockersclub.com/gui...lash_rtx_bios/
post #8010 of 9790 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 10:29 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)

Help?
I've also used that bios on my ftw3 and had no problem, make sure you flashed the right one, the bios you want is the 90.02.17.40.88

Also it's normal that regular or OC kingpin bios won't work properly on your card, since ftw3 is missing the third 8pin connector.

Also, as suggested by Jarrod, a couple of power cicles can help after flashing the card

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in