[Official] NVIDIA Titan RTX Owner's Club - Page 37 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] NVIDIA Titan RTX Owner's Club

post #361 of 434 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 10:49 PM
In lurking mode

Rep: 79 (Unique: 51)
Multiple vendor link to the Panasonic branded 3mo current sense resistor.

Just some additional info.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 434 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 11:47 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalm_Traveler View Post
Thanks! I buy them from a website called DigiKey here in the USA, yes Panasonic.

I have a desoldering braid that whicks up old solder. Very easy and clean.

Interestingly, with this rig with 1 Titan right next to the larger rig with two of them (and a much better cooling system), this single card with the HeatKiller block idles about 4 to 5 degrees cooler than the cards with Bitspower blocks in the other rig.

Guess folks were right about the HeatKiller blocks being superior!

The tube is in German, but the graphs at the end speak for themselves. The Heatkilller is the second best block. The Aquacomputer destroys the competition. I ordered one and waiting for delivery since the beginning of 2019, so it is nearly impossible to get one. The manufactoring tolerances are so tight on this block that heatpaste can be used on the memory und the pads for the vrm are very thin. But the Heatkilller is also a good pick. German engineering at its best I guess

Gesendet von meinem EVR-L29 mit Tapatalk
post #363 of 434 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 06:50 PM
Trying to learn ^^

Nude with Samsung memory... The thermal paste was dry and hard already.

Edit added pic to show again the shunt resistor swap, notice the 3MO, as opposed to the stock 5MO which is left alone as we don't want to harm the PCIE slot.

ohh this is what i call an perfect mod no wires just replace by the rigt part !

bravo !

@Kalm_Traveler can you please answer as clear as possible to my question (english is not my 1st language)

- replacing the stock 5MO by the 3MO resistor is the best choice Resistor regarding OC/heat ? (of course only under the best waterblock like the watercool or the aqua computer).

- this replacement is regarding the gpu oc or the memory oc ? (or both ?) if only one of them do you have the same nice picturs mod for the other ? or we just need to oc one of them ?
by your excelent soldering with this right electronic part make look clean you motivate me to do this mod !

- any thing i must know before doing that ? (i am good on soldering small CI part, then no problem with this part).

- if i have choice to have an RTX Titan or an RTX 2080 Ti (only an Founder Edition "layout" to be compatible with my FE waterblock) (as an replacement of my defect card mean i will pay nothing) and i am using this card 90% for gaming do you recommand me the Titan ? or better to go to an 2080 Ti ? same question if both have this mod ? (questions based only about performences ^^)
Please is realy an important question, till now i dont know what to decide between those 2 cards...

congrat for this clean mod !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #364 of 434 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 07:15 PM
no regurts

Rep: 3 (Unique: 2)
Quote: Originally Posted by Fraizer View Post
ohh this is what i call an perfect mod no wires just replace by the rigt part !

bravo !

@Kalm_Traveler can you please answer as clear as possible to my question (english is not my 1st language)

- replacing the stock 5MO by the 3MO resistor is the best choice Resistor regarding OC/heat ? (of course only under the best waterblock like the watercool or the aqua computer).

- this replacement is regarding the gpu oc or the memory oc ? (or both ?) if only one of them do you have the same nice picturs mod for the other ? or we just need to oc one of them ?
by your excelent soldering with this right electronic part make look clean you motivate me to do this mod !

- any thing i must know before doing that ? (i am good on soldering small CI part, then no problem with this part).

- if i have choice to have an RTX Titan or an RTX 2080 Ti (only an Founder Edition "layout" to be compatible with my FE waterblock) (as an replacement of my defect card mean i will pay nothing) and i am using this card 90% for gaming do you recommand me the Titan ? or better to go to an 2080 Ti ? same question if both have this mod ? (questions based only about performences ^^)
Please is realy an important question, till now i dont know what to decide between those 2 cards...

congrat for this clean mod !
Thanks - I'm not a professional, but this is the 7th card I've modded so far, so it is pretty easy now.

replacing the TWO PCIE power input resistors (there is one on the other side of the PCB that is replaced as well) is for increasing maximum power input TDP. This is for overclocking the card completely (not only memory or gpu). You willl need good water cooling to benefit from this since the card already runs hot without modification using the factory air cooler.

Nothing really to know - just de-solder the old resistors, and solder the new resistors.

As far as gaming value - the 2080 Ti is almost the same performance as the Titan. I only game with mine, but I wanted the most power card available so I stay with Titans (Titan RTX, Titan V, Titan Xp so far). They are NOT a good value at all, especially between Titan RTX and 2080 Ti. If you are worried about the cost, just go with the 2080 Ti and you will sleep better.

HEDT Overkill
(14 items)
Razer Blade 2017
(4 items)
CPU
Core i9 7960x
Motherboard
Asus Rampage VI Extreme
GPU
Titan RTX
GPU
Titan RTX
RAM
G.Skill Trident-Z RGB
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 Pro
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO
Power Supply
Corsair AX1600i
Case
Thermaltake Core X9
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Asus PG348Q
Keyboard
Razer Huntsman Elite
Mouse
Razer Mamba Elite
Audio
Creative Labs SoundBlaster Z
CPU
core i7 9900k
Motherboard
Asus Maximus XI Code
GPU
Titan V
RAM
G.Skill Trident-Z RGB
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 Pro
Power Supply
Corsair HX1000i
Case
Fractal Design Define R6 blackout tempered glass edition
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Keyboard
Corsair K70 LUX RGB with Cherry MX blue switches
Mouse
Corsair Glaive
CPU
core i7 7700HQ
GPU
Geforce GTX 1060
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 Pro
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
▲ hide details ▲
post #365 of 434 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 11:28 PM
Trying to learn ^^

@Kalm_Traveler

you did the same job as an professional

(i am not worried about the cost because i will have this card as an replacment i will pay nothing more or less, i have to choice between an 2080 Ti Founder Edition layout to be compatible with my waterblock or the Titan RTX. it will be an card i will keep for ever then even not to ressel when next generation will be on market... this why i wanted to choose regarding performences in game and OC gain between those 2 cards)

- can i ask you the picture of the 2nd resistore at the back of the card ?

- you dont did any thing else except replacing them with if i am not wrong 2x 3MO ressistors ?

- the best "value in ohm" of resistor for both side of the card is the 3MO nothing else will be more optimised but more rare to found ? (i ask you that because @Hydroplane was talking about different ohm values)

- if the 3MO is the best one can you please give me the exact reference ? an link will be welcome ^^ i saw from Panasonic they are many different version with 3MO.. with heat resistance etc...

+ on this video he talk about the voltage mod but is look much more complicated than what you did. here speaking about voltage:
and here for the memory oc he explain how too :
and he explain too for the gpu oc we need to unsolder an resistor....

when i saw this video ohhh i said i will not do that even is not complicated but look dangerous but when i saw your clean version i just want to do it

why this mod on this video for memory and gpu oc look so complicated ? why he dont did what you did ? is clean and look like original...

Last edited by Fraizer; 02-15-2019 at 11:32 PM.
post #366 of 434 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 08:33 AM
no regurts

Quote: Originally Posted by Fraizer View Post
@Kalm_Traveler

you did the same job as an professional

(i am not worried about the cost because i will have this card as an replacment i will pay nothing more or less, i have to choice between an 2080 Ti Founder Edition layout to be compatible with my waterblock or the Titan RTX. it will be an card i will keep for ever then even not to ressel when next generation will be on market... this why i wanted to choose regarding performences in game and OC gain between those 2 cards)

- can i ask you the picture of the 2nd resistore at the back of the card ?

- you dont did any thing else except replacing them with if i am not wrong 2x 3MO ressistors ?

- the best "value in ohm" of resistor for both side of the card is the 3MO nothing else will be more optimised but more rare to found ? (i ask you that because @Hydroplane was talking about different ohm values)

- if the 3MO is the best one can you please give me the exact reference ? an link will be welcome ^^ i saw from Panasonic they are many different version with 3MO.. with heat resistance etc...

+ on this video he talk about the voltage mod but is look much more complicated than what you did. here speaking about voltage: https://youtu.be/lbdR9EDqDVE?t=456 and here for the memory oc he explain how too : https://youtu.be/lbdR9EDqDVE?t=726 and he explain too for the gpu oc we need to unsolder an resistor....

when i saw this video ohhh i said i will not do that even is not complicated but look dangerous but when i saw your clean version i just want to do it

why this mod on this video for memory and gpu oc look so complicated ? why he dont did what you did ? is clean and look like original...
This is the part I bought for the Titan RTX cards : https://www.digikey.com/products/en?keywords=P3.0MCT-ND

I didn't do anything else for the mod besides replace the 2 PCI-E 8-pin connector input shunt resistors.

3MO may not be the lowest tolerated resistance value for Nvidia's input voltage detection circuitry on Turing, but we found that 2.5MO (5MO stacked on top of 5MO) was too low, so when I ordered resistors to test on my first 2 Titan RTX cards I purchased 3MO and 4MO in case 3 was too low still. 3 seems to be fine at least for water cooled cards because I've pushed mine as far as they would go for passing 3DMark runs in -10 c ambient and was still not hitting the power limit. Effective power limit with 3MO and the power slider maxed at 114% in Afterburner is about 450w. It is possible there may be a value higher than 2.5 but lower than 3 that would still not cause the cards to enter safe mode, but I can't find any single resistors of this same type which are fractions of MOhm, if you look at the ratings there are 2MO, then 3MO, 4MO, 5MO etc - not any 2.5, 2.7, etc and I didn't want to bother buying many larger values to try and find the exact breaking point by stacking together for additive values. ~ 450w max TDP is enough for me since these are in my daily used computers - I am not an extreme overclocker with free parts, liquid nitrogen, etc.

Those videos are talking about completely removing the power limits, not only increasing them. Also - if you watch Buildzoid's video of modding a viewer's 2080 Ti, he says that he tried to do that but it wouldn't work correctly so he just went back to input shunt resistor replacement.

HEDT Overkill
(14 items)
Razer Blade 2017
(4 items)
CPU
Core i9 7960x
Motherboard
Asus Rampage VI Extreme
GPU
Titan RTX
GPU
Titan RTX
RAM
G.Skill Trident-Z RGB
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 Pro
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO
Power Supply
Corsair AX1600i
Case
Thermaltake Core X9
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Asus PG348Q
Keyboard
Razer Huntsman Elite
Mouse
Razer Mamba Elite
Audio
CPU
core i7 9900k
Motherboard
Asus Maximus XI Code
GPU
Titan V
RAM
G.Skill Trident-Z RGB
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 Pro
Power Supply
Corsair HX1000i
Case
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Keyboard
Mouse
Corsair Glaive
CPU
core i7 7700HQ
GPU
Geforce GTX 1060
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 Pro
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by Kalm_Traveler; 02-16-2019 at 08:37 AM.
post #367 of 434 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 123 (Unique: 93)
Has anyone been able to use DLSS in BFV or Metro Exodus with the Titan RTX? The option is greyed out for me even when using DXR in DX12 in BFV with the Titan RTX.

It looks like they also nuked SLI in DX11 mode in BFV (custom settings).
post #368 of 434 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 11:24 AM
no regurts

Quote: Originally Posted by Baasha View Post
Has anyone been able to use DLSS in BFV or Metro Exodus with the Titan RTX? The option is greyed out for me even when using DXR in DX12 in BFV with the Titan RTX.

It looks like they also nuked SLI in DX11 mode in BFV (custom settings).
greyed out on my 2560 x 1440 rig, supposedly it can be enabled on 3440 x 1440 but I haven't checked on that rig yet.

by 'nuked' are you meaning that you thought it worked out of the box before and now doesn't?

AFAIK it did not work out of the box, but people posted instructions on how to create your own working SLI profile for it. I never got around to testing that yet.

HEDT Overkill
(14 items)
Razer Blade 2017
(4 items)
CPU
Core i9 7960x
Motherboard
Asus Rampage VI Extreme
GPU
Titan RTX
GPU
Titan RTX
RAM
G.Skill Trident-Z RGB
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 Pro
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO
Power Supply
Corsair AX1600i
Case
Thermaltake Core X9
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Asus PG348Q
Keyboard
Razer Huntsman Elite
Mouse
Razer Mamba Elite
Audio
CPU
core i7 9900k
Motherboard
Asus Maximus XI Code
GPU
Titan V
RAM
G.Skill Trident-Z RGB
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 Pro
Power Supply
Corsair HX1000i
Case
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Keyboard
Mouse
Corsair Glaive
CPU
core i7 7700HQ
GPU
Geforce GTX 1060
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 Pro
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
▲ hide details ▲
post #369 of 434 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 01:30 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 123 (Unique: 93)
greyed out on my 2560 x 1440 rig, supposedly it can be enabled on 3440 x 1440 but I haven't checked on that rig yet.

by 'nuked' are you meaning that you thought it worked out of the box before and now doesn't?

AFAIK it did not work out of the box, but people posted instructions on how to create your own working SLI profile for it. I never got around to testing that yet.
Well I'm playing in 4K and it's still greyed out.

Yes, I was using custom settings to get SLI to work in DX11 but now the settings get reverted to default every time you launch the game. I can't believe they are actively doing this. I found a work around but this is preposterous.

Also, Metro Exodus in 4K on "Extreme" with RTX on "Ultra", I'm getting 30fps with a Titan RTX (DX12). This is unbelievably stupid - no mGPU either so the game is pretty much unplayable in 4K with all settings turned up.
post #370 of 434 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 02:08 PM
no regurts

Quote: Originally Posted by Baasha View Post
Well I'm playing in 4K and it's still greyed out.

Yes, I was using custom settings to get SLI to work in DX11 but now the settings get reverted to default every time you launch the game. I can't believe they are actively doing this. I found a work around but this is preposterous.

Also, Metro Exodus in 4K on "Extreme" with RTX on "Ultra", I'm getting 30fps with a Titan RTX (DX12). This is unbelievably stupid - no mGPU either so the game is pretty much unplayable in 4K with all settings turned up.
Which driver are you on? all my rigs are on 418.91 which just came out this week.

Also, you reminded me to check the 3440 x 1440 rig, confirmed I can enable DLSS on that one (but not the 2560 x 1440 rig). Enabling it seemed to have zero impact on framerate and only made everything blurry. Toggling it on and off was just making things blurry then detailed.

*EDIT to add 2560 x 1440 screenshot*
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DLSS 3440x1440.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	391.7 KB
ID:	253882  

Click image for larger version

Name:	no dlss for you 2560x1440.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	338.4 KB
ID:	253884  

HEDT Overkill
(14 items)
Razer Blade 2017
(4 items)
CPU
Core i9 7960x
Motherboard
Asus Rampage VI Extreme
GPU
Titan RTX
GPU
Titan RTX
RAM
G.Skill Trident-Z RGB
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 Pro
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO
Power Supply
Corsair AX1600i
Case
Thermaltake Core X9
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Asus PG348Q
Keyboard
Razer Huntsman Elite
Mouse
Razer Mamba Elite
Audio
CPU
core i7 9900k
Motherboard
Asus Maximus XI Code
GPU
Titan V
RAM
G.Skill Trident-Z RGB
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 Pro
Power Supply
Corsair HX1000i
Case
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Keyboard
Mouse
Corsair Glaive
CPU
core i7 7700HQ
GPU
Geforce GTX 1060
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 Pro
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by Kalm_Traveler; 02-16-2019 at 02:17 PM.

Tags
rtx , rtx titan , Titan , titan rtx

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in