Screen Resizing randomly after long periods afk - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Screen Resizing randomly after long periods afk

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 09:36 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
dmfree88 is an unknown quantity at this point dmfree88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Screen Resizing randomly after long periods afk

After a purchase of a GTX 1060 6GB I have had a issue where my screen resolution seems to resize after going AFK with screensaver on. It only seems to happen after a long period of time of being away. The screen saver doesn't always cause it to happen especially if I return to the PC before more than an hour or two has passed.

I can fix the size temporarily if I go into Nvidia Control Panel and press "Resize" on the size/scaling options page. It immediately finds all 4 corners and remains at 1080p, I just push ok and it resizes itself without issues.

It's strange because it doesn't actually change the resolution it just somehow becomes larger than the screen until I press "Resize". I never had this issue prior to using the 1060 6GB. Any solutions greatly appreciated.

Things I have tried:
New graphics drivers (now persisted through multiple updates)
Enabling/Disabling desktop resizing
Changing scaling mode (Fullscreen, Aspect Ratio, No scaling)
Updating Windows (Fully up to date)
Clean install of graphics driver

Relative system Specs:
Windows 10
MSI GTX 1060 6GB OCV1
ASRock Z97 Extreme4 Mobo
I7 4790K
LG 49LJ550M-UB (TV, not PC monitor. Wondering if this is somehow related but I didn't have issue with previous graphics card)

Last edited by dmfree88; 01-28-2019 at 09:55 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
1060 , 6gb , resize , scale , sleep

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in