Asus GTX 980ti Poseidon Platinum bios mod - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Asus GTX 980ti Poseidon Platinum bios mod

Old 02-05-2019, 08:19 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
Mark Hermann

Asus GTX 980ti Poseidon Platinum bios mod

Looking for a bios mod for an Asus GTX 980ti Poseidon Platinum.

Fully OCed and only getting up to 59c and wana push it further.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2019, 08:35 PM
Beginner Overclocker
CaptainCab21

Are you hitting power limits or is the voltage what is limiting your clocks? I had a 980 and just edited the bios for a higher power limit allowing me to reach higher and more stable clocks. Also what are your clocks currently?
Old 02-06-2019, 09:50 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
Mark Hermann

I know my core clock was about 1332mhz and my memory was about 7830mhz. Anything higher than that i get crashing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2019, 10:17 AM
New to Overclock.net
Jedi Mind Trick Level 1

Not sure if the Poseidon is similar to the strix (which, if I recall, is pretty locked-down voltage wise). What voltage are you at right now? Is your ASIC high or low (use GPUz to find out).

If it seems low (read some custom bios threads to see what people are using for whatever clocks), download nvflash and the kepler/maxwell tweaker and some similar bioses. Use GPUz to save your stock bios, then use the tweaker to look at similar bioses and modify a copy of your stock bios to similar values (you can have multiple instances of the tweaker open).

Not all 980ti's clock well, but most should clock better than 1332MHz/7830MHz
Old 02-09-2019, 06:49 PM
Beginner Overclocker
CaptainCab21

That seems really low on the core clock make sure your power limit is cranked up all the way and your card isn't thermal throttling all of my 970s and 980s hit 1500mhz stable with a quick power mod.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in