Rtx 2080 dual or strix - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Rtx 2080 dual or strix

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 9)
Quote: Originally Posted by No13 View Post
Forgot to mention that I think the link you provided was for the base, non 'A' chip Strix. It's why I linked both Bios's above. Look for the O in the sku's

Base version Strix is:ROG-STRIX-RTX2080-8G-GAMING (non A) $1379
Strix Gaming OC is: ROG-STRIX RTX2080-O8G-GAMING (A) $1449
Advanced is: ROG-STRIX RTX2080-A8G-GAMING
So if it’s 300w it’s a A chip?

Enthoo Luxe case 4770k asus gtx 780tioc dcii asrock extreme 6 8 gig gskill ram samsung pro840 seagate barracuda silent m2 1000w psu
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 06:11 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Or do they have to have 2 8pin powers?
Is there a list of A chip 2080 cards ?

Enthoo Luxe case 4770k asus gtx 780tioc dcii asrock extreme 6 8 gig gskill ram samsung pro840 seagate barracuda silent m2 1000w psu

Last edited by sav4; 02-27-2019 at 07:43 PM.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 09:27 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
There's not a great deal to go on except that lesser quality chips are not allowed to be factory overclocked according to many reports. 'A' chips are generally 10-15% more expensive. Pins and power limits are good indications only. The Specs table in this threads original post is a good guide. Techpowerup keeps a fairly decent repository of GPU specs and of course there's always Google.
It's a bit of a minefield to be frank. To add to the confusion I've read from reliable sources that NVidia is offering three performance brackets to their partners. Standard chips, which can barely be OCed at all, some with medium potential and some that are especially great for OCing.
It ultimately comes down to research and doing what youv'e done. ie. asking the community.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 12:30 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by No13 View Post
There's not a great deal to go on except that lesser quality chips are not allowed to be factory overclocked according to many reports. 'A' chips are generally 10-15% more expensive. Pins and power limits are good indications only. The Specs table in this threads original post is a good guide. Techpowerup keeps a fairly decent repository of GPU specs and of course there's always Google.
It's a bit of a minefield to be frank. To add to the confusion I've read from reliable sources that NVidia is offering three performance brackets to their partners. Standard chips, which can barely be OCed at all, some with medium potential and some that are especially great for OCing.
It ultimately comes down to research and doing what youv'e done. ie. asking the community.
No worries I’ll keep looking, I have another day to decide, might go the dual oc if I can’t find any more info

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 05:23 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

So from what I can find the dual oc is a A chip and the base strix is not . The strix adv and Oc are A chips
https://www.guru3d.com/articles_page..._review,5.html
I have found this card which says it’s the strix OC going to confirm tomorrow as the code doesn’t look right
https://www.msy.com.au/viconline/nvi...-vga-card.html

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in