Originally Posted by dangerSK
Dont think so. The card was all time in idle, probably something went wrong on SMBs side.
First, kudos for informing others re. the potential XOC Bios issue.
I've done cross-flashing before as well, i.e. Asus Strix XOC Bios onto a 900 series EVGA KPE - surprisingly it worked, kind of > During boot, I had to kick up the voltage via EVBot first, otherwise continuous black-screens. As already mentioned before in another thread, I think you might be running either into a 2x 8 pin XOC Bios flashed onto a 2x 8 pin PLUS 1x 6 pin...or, and this has been mentioned as well during several other cases with the '1350' issue on RTX, there my be some weak Eprom chips out there.
As to RMAing, I share my one and only (and very recent) experience with MSI, which was actually quite pleasant. As context, in the build in the spoiler below, there is a lot of 'stuff' and I had to do a lot of 'squeezing', not least as I was using an e-ATX board (MSI X399 Creation) on a Core P5 which is 'tight' re. cable-throughput. In any case, there was a lot of tension on the 24v cable so I decided to get out the Dremel tool and proceeded to unscrew the mobo stand-offs nuts, but w/o removing the 24v cable tree under tension first...
...oopsie > the tension pulled the mobo off the stand-offs by itself and shaved off a cap or two next to the top center screw hole...board would still complete half a boot cycle but then reboot by itself, and Bios screen could only be accessed every 3rd or 4th time. So I took it out to bring back to the local retailer but during prep got klutzy - now, I had forgotten to disconnect the USB 3, and the top black part of the USB receptacle broke off
The dealer then showed me what had happened to the caps at the top - and I figured as long as I could find out which caps were there before, I could get some new ones and solder them on as this was at an accessible and easy to understand location on a very expensive mobo. The USB 3 port didn't much bother me as there are two anyhow, and even the first one still worked, just looked bad. When I called MSI, I told them exactly what had happened and that it was my fault
. Surprisingly, MSI gave me an RMA# and when the mobo got back, I was only charged (a bit over $US 40) for the fix for the USB 3 receptacle, the secondary issue.
Finally. as the '1350 MHz' problem is not a unique phenomenon, I think MSI might help w/o asking too many questions. In any case, good luck getting it sorted !