ASUS ROG STRIX RTX2080TI O11G OR GIGABYTE AORUS XTREME - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

ASUS ROG STRIX RTX2080TI O11G OR GIGABYTE AORUS XTREME

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 09:48 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
ASUS ROG STRIX RTX2080TI O11G OR GIGABYTE AORUS XTREME

So thoughts on which one to get either the GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme or the ROG STRIX RTX 2080TI O11G
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 09:58 PM
Invalid Media

Rep: 6 (Unique: 5)
Quote: Originally Posted by asmodyus View Post
So thoughts on which one to get either the GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme or the ROG STRIX RTX 2080TI O11G

I have 2x GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme Waterforce (full factory water-block, though there's also an AIO version) and love them...great clocks, and so far at least (got them in November '18), no problems. That said, I also hear good things about the ROG Strix and have had several Asus / ROG GPUs over the years - never had any issues. That said, the Aorus water-cooled versions are hard to find, apparently harder than the Asus ROG Strix.

HOWEVER, whichever one you get, I would strongly recommend water-cooling it...All RTX 2080 TIs can get pretty toasty (my Aorus - on stock Bios - can each pull close to 380w max...)
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 12:18 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 122 (Unique: 84)
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16814932074

(If y'all) ain’t ready for the old murder, then what you gonna do with the new me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 02:58 AM
Slovak_Killer

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Quote: Originally Posted by J7SC View Post

I have 2x GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme Waterforce (full factory water-block, though there's also an AIO version) and love them...great clocks, and so far at least (got them in November '18), no problems. That said, I also hear good things about the ROG Strix and have had several Asus / ROG GPUs over the years - never had any issues. That said, the Aorus water-cooled versions are hard to find, apparently harder than the Asus ROG Strix.

HOWEVER, whichever one you get, I would strongly recommend water-cooling it...All RTX 2080 TIs can get pretty toasty (my Aorus - on stock Bios - can each pull close to 380w max...)
Agree, watercooling helps the most. My lightning can easily pull around 420-430W. Peaked around 450w.
Personaly i would go for Asus and use XOC bios.

LN2 Beast
(6 items)
CPU
i9 9980XE
Motherboard
Evga X299 Dark
GPU
MSI RTX 2080Ti Lightning Z
RAM
G-skill 3200 c14 Trident Z
Cooling
Kingpin F1 Dark
Cooling
EKWB Loop
▲ hide details ▲
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Yeah for some reason the Gigabyte is about 200 dollars cheaper for there Extreme OC version compared to the Asus ROG OG11 and EVGA FTW3. So I was wondering why it so much cheaper and clocked higher or the Same Even Zotac's version AMP extreme is more.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 06:56 PM
Invalid Media

Yeah for some reason the Gigabyte is about 200 dollars cheaper for there Extreme OC version compared to the Asus ROG OG11 and EVGA FTW3. So I was wondering why it so much cheaper and clocked higher or the Same Even Zotac's version AMP extreme is more.

Per below, this is from MemoryExpress in Canada (so not US$)...note the different models of water-cooled Gigabyte Xtreme Waterforce (AIO and Full Block, the latter @ bottom right). I believe the Asus is the one @ top left. Now, I have posted some Aorus results here at OCN with stock Bios @ 2205 MHz (Unigine Superposition 4K), but that is both a good sample and one which sits in a massive w / c system, so perhaps not a 'typical' result.

Again, I believe they're both good choices, I would just make sure that you w-cool it, and if you get an air-cooled card, leave some of your budget for that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2080tiMemExpr.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	537.3 KB
ID:	260910  

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 07:03 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 07:08 PM
Invalid Media

...here is the full-block watercooled version (from NewEgg.com; US$) I'm talking about. For the record, all three Aorus (triple fan air, AIO and full-block) have the same PCB, afaik.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16814932074
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 06:59 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by J7SC View Post
Per below, this is from MemoryExpress in Canada (so not US$)...note the different models of water-cooled Gigabyte Xtreme Waterforce (AIO and Full Block, the latter @ bottom right). I believe the Asus is the one @ top left. Now, I have posted some Aorus results here at OCN with stock Bios @ 2205 MHz (Unigine Superposition 4K), but that is both a good sample and one which sits in a massive w / c system, so perhaps not a 'typical' result.

Again, I believe they're both good choices, I would just make sure that you w-cool it, and if you get an air-cooled card, leave some of your budget for that.
Yeah, it seems I'm going to go air cool and everything I read says the ROG is a much better card for keeping it cool and ability to overclock over 2k were the Gigabyte seems to runs hot out of the box.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in