PALIT NvIDIA GTX 1070 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

PALIT NvIDIA GTX 1070

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
PALIT NvIDIA GTX 1070

Hi,

Just got a Palit GTX 1070 - Something odd is going on with the display port connector on an LG monitor - 34UC89G - G-Sync - The windows desktop is there but all the icons are not and nothing seems to work. I did a Google search and someone mentioned a firmware update for the GPU which I've tried but the installer informed that the newest firmware is installed.

The firmware was for a display port related problem.

If anyone knows of a fix please mention otherwise the card will have to be sent back after the weekend - thanks

The card is just being "tried out" on Asus P9X79 PRO - Sandy Bridge E - i7 3930 K - which is a few years old - but it should still work right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
It seems OK now

The monitor currently shows 60 Hz - but is capable of 120 or 144 - Will these refresh rates only show when gaming?

edit- ok-found the refresh rate in Windows 10 settings! - Back to the initial problem with display port and tried with just the DP on boot, same problem, then put HDMI in, then pulled HDMI out and then the icons on desktop appeared - weird! - then any re-boots after even cold seem to be ok - odd though as I thought the card was faulty possibly

Last edited by fra z; 03-22-2019 at 02:49 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in