msi rtx 2080 gaming x trio overclocking voltage limit?
hi, just upgraded from a vega 64 liquid (cooling defect) to the msi rtx 2080 gaming x trio and i have a question about overclocking (voltage).
what i did so far:
* installed afterburner 4.6.1
* set power limit to 109% (maximum setting in afterburner)
* set temp limit to 88°c (automatically linked to power limit)
* memory clock +1325mhz (was suprised this is working - get artefacts with +1400mhz)
* core clock +85mhz is working fine with standard voltage 1050mv (resulting in a clock rate of 2025-2070mhz)
* temperature and noise are fine (not hearing it, temps around 60-65°c)
with the settings above, its using about 75-80% power tdp (afterburner) - so there should be room for higher clocks.
UPDATE: got it, actually running into the tdp limit, just not with every game (certainly do so with bfv)
* timespy graphics score: 123xx
* firestrike graphics score: 294xx
here is the problem - i can't increase the voltage. setting the core voltage % (afterburner) anything between 0% - + 100% does not change anything. also, changing the curve (strg+f) does not change the voltage. i tried both unlock voltage control "standard msi" and "extended msi" without success.
am i doing something wrong or am i not aware of a vcore limit @1050mV?
off-topic: surprisingly, freesync is working "better" than with the vega (samsung cf791) - had massive flickering problems with vega.
Last edited by sneida; 04-28-2019 at 10:46 PM.