GTX1080ti or RTX2070 - Page 4 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

GTX1080ti or RTX2070

post #31 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 03:30 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote: Originally Posted by PachAz View Post
Nobody knows about AMD, I mean the vega 64 perform less than the 1070 which is performs similar to 980ti i.e. a 4 year old card.
There is nothing special about AMD gpus, they always let me down. I owned multiple amd gpus like hd 7970, r9 290, rx 580. They're good only at gaming. There is no benefit of using them for pro work. There are many graphics software which work with only nvidia, vray gets less performance from amd gpu. Also crossfire is joke, when compared to nvidia. Amd dont have cuda and physx. Few pro users buy amd firepro for high dual precision performance only. Rest all buy quadro or geforce.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 03:34 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote: Originally Posted by PachAz View Post
When AMD will release a GPU that performs better than the 2080ti for 400 dollars then I will take them seriously again. The last good gpu from AMD was the r9 290 OC which performed better than the titan but retailed for around 370ish. Untill then I will keep on buying used 1080ti because that was the last "sane" gpu from nvidia.
There are many people who do gaming and graphics work or video editing on same computer. If thats the case, readeons are useless.
post #33 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 05:52 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 62 (Unique: 44)
Quote: Originally Posted by TopM5 View Post
There are many people who do gaming and graphics work or video editing on same computer. If thats the case, readeons are useless.
Yes maybe but for gamers, AMD made alot of sense in the past with cards like 7970 and r9 290. I know gamers still owning the r9 290x overclocked that manage modern games. They could easilly be had on a budget even with past inflation. This can't be said about Nvidia though. Just look at their current prices for 2080 and 2080Ti and the relatively small performance gain you get over past generations in gaming.

Times were better back in the days for DIY builders. I feel parts has become extremely expensive, not only cpus and gpus but also watercooling parts and the performance boost is not as big as it used to incl. Intel cpus. I feel that every market wants to milk the customers as much as they can before it is too late. I predict that a gaming system today cost around 30% more than it used to 4 years ago having equivalent up to date components. As I said 700-800 dollars for a 2080, I don't remember the 1080 costing 700-800 dollars, more like 500 or so. 30% higher cost is substantial as the income hasn't increased by 30% in 4 years for average workers or welfare takers. You actually get less for you money these days in PC building as I have proved in my previous posts not to mention that there are still CPUs not having enough single core performance to not bottleneck some games at 1080p or not strong enough GPUs to reach 144 or 165 fps at 1440p with no fps drops.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in