GTX 1660 & RTX 2060 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

GTX 1660 & RTX 2060

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 06:22 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
GTX 1660 & RTX 2060

Hi,

It'd be good to get the views of the tech crowd here ! - What's the view of the GTX 1660 & Ti variants along with the RTX 2060?

One or two reviews claim the GTX 1660 is too close in price to the RTX 2060 and not many games use ray-tracing yet.

Please mention your opinions and views - Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 05:12 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Thinking about getting one of these. I think I will probably land on the standard 1660.

The 1660 Ti is pretty close in price to the 2060 and the benchmarks I've seen have the 2060 outperforming it by a bit too much for my tastes even in non-RTX workloads. Standard 1660 sits nicely on the pricepoint competing with the RX580/90's and such, and does seem to have an edge on them in gaming. Performance close to a 1070 for a good bit cheaper.

And in the overclocking benchmarks I've seen had the standard 1660 gaining 10-15 fps, surpassing stock Ti performance, where the Ti would gain only 5 or so fps. Of course this could just be them having unlucky Ti's and lucky 1660's, but the pattern seems pretty strong.

The main difference between non-Ti and Ti being GDDR6 ram, I think the non-Ti gets better price to performance while sacrificing the efficiency of having GDDR6, at this price range a tradeoff in favour of the non-Ti IMO.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in