ZOTAC GTX 1070 AMP EXTREME Problem
I have an issue with my gpu and I would like opinions on the matter.
During a game session my computer just "hard froze" meaning black screen with sound freeze too, no BSOD, just black screened. No signal on the display(sleep mode) and the computer just froze so I had to turn it off by long pressing the power button.
After rebooting the motherboard showed a message/warning saying that it needed to load the optimized default settings(That's why I thought the PSU had borked my motherboard and/or my GPU).
I did then reboot again to put back my OC settings and stuff.
When I tried to reboot the computer it turned on but the display stayed on sleeping mode. The computer turns on everytime and "boot normally"(motherboard POST ok = code A0) but the display turns on and go in sleep mode unless I plug the computer on the onboard graphics(and then I can boot with no issue).
After trying different things :
- switching pci-e ports ==> no luck
- switching graphics card outputs ==> no luck
- resetting the BIOS by clearing the CMOS ==> no luck
- reflashing the BIOS with the latest available ==> no luck
- uninstalling nvidia drivers with DDU ==> no luck
- switching power supply(I had a 6 or 8+ years 660W Gold Seasonic PSU which was doing weird noises so I thought it was the culprit and bought a better one ; still the same issue but I really needed it anyway)
- switching to onboard graphics on the cpu using the motherboard output (which I am on since then) and it works.
- I, then, tried to clean the pci-e port it was in before the issue and plug it back in and it booted up. I thought I was safe so I launched the game again to see if it withstood the charge and after maybe 5-10mins it did the same thing...hard freeze + black screened. And since then back to onboard graphics with default motherboard settings. The GPU doesn't smell burnt I think. It's pretty clean. The warranty is passed by 8 months and I didn't know I had to register in the first 28 days to get the 3 years extension warranty so ZOTAC won't RMA it. There is a power led on the card near the power connectors that lights up green like always but I get no signal.
I'm not sure that the GPU is dead and the only hardware shop that can test it for me is asking 25€ to plug it and a lot more for long testing and that's a no for me. I don't have anybody I know that can try it on his rig for me either.
So what do you think and what should I do?
Last edited by LeGiTT; 05-17-2019 at 06:11 AM.