Originally Posted by Cucumber
Id rather put that money in the bank as of now, the pricing on these cards are ridiculous. Id stay with the 1080 and turn some settings down until either the cards get beat, or Nvidia lowers their price. An upgrade is always fun and exciting to think about, but is that feeling really worth the money at this price? I dont think so at least.
Basically i am with you on that topic, as well as others say so and mentioned that. But last Weekend i did the thing and ordered a "Palit 11GB D6 RTX 2080 Ti GamingPro
It was the one which i could get. And then it happened....
Card was not giving me a Picture, so my Screen stayed black. Flashed my Bios to the newest Version, but Card was not activated in the Bios. Fans worked.
Tried other Slot which did not work as well. Then i thought it might be my PSU (630+80 BeQuite) so i gave the Card to a Friend with an 800W one and it had the same issue, so no sign from the Card inside Bios, no Picture and not working in another Slot.
Result = RMA as DoA
That was my "first contact" with RTX 2080 Ti
I was soooo pi***** and very very angry as i was happy that i made the decision and thought now my gaming can "begin again", but i was wrong.....now i have to wait for a replacement.