Advice needed, switching from 1080 to...2080S or 2080Ti ?? - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Advice needed, switching from 1080 to...2080S or 2080Ti ??

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 07:06 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 99 (Unique: 72)
Quote: Originally Posted by P1nhead View Post
Hm.....

I know that the 2080Ti is to expensive, you can read that nearly everywhere and it seems that Gamers around the World where never "that united" when it comes to that judgement.
So.....would it be better then to buy the MSI and switch to 1440p instead of 4K? Would that be the "better" price value?
Even that i dislike that i can't use the Potential of my Monitor and for me, 4K is rly nice to look at. Hmm......

I have to think about that Option perhaps a bit more.
The MSI X Trio seems a decent Card so far and would give a nice Boost. Hmmm.....

Thx to all of you guys for making me think more. Keep it coming if you have some other suggestions.
I was never an AMD Fan tbh, and waiting that long until the "eventually" come out with something that "might" beat that 2080Ti or is even, i dunno.
the problem is ppl are centralized between the jump in windows/nvidia settings which goes from 1440P to 2160P..
there is a bunch of resolutions between 1440P and 2160P that you can use if you want IQ like i said custom resolution 3072x1728 its the sweet spot for a 1080Ti you can create this custom resolution on nvidias control panel..

People seems not to know this stuff of rather not use it.. I want perf and iq together. 1440P its too blurry IQ wise specially in a BIG HDTV 3072 takes care of that

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 07:10 AM
Overclocker

Rep: 339 (Unique: 240)
You can play on 4k60 on many cards if you're not after ultra nonsense graphical settings and stick to fairly similar quality looking medium settings. In online games you would likely drop most effects to lowest quality anyway. But if you're after ultra/extreme 4k single player eye candy games, then sure the more performance the better.

GTX 1080 for 4k60... I would just ride it out and then switch in a few years to a better ray tracing card and a 4k100+.

You can see the relative differences between cards/chips in reviews for the games and applications you want to use.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 04:00 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Id rather put that money in the bank as of now, the pricing on these cards are ridiculous. Id stay with the 1080 and turn some settings down until either the cards get beat, or Nvidia lowers their price. An upgrade is always fun and exciting to think about, but is that feeling really worth the money at this price? I dont think so atleast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 04:06 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 551 (Unique: 312)
i'm holding my 1080tis until end of 2021, then retiring my 4K60 n going with whatever is the newest best "5120x1440p" widescreen style high hz panel is out then.

I've regretted retiring my Nvidia Surround setup for ages now, but the truth is the software itself is dead. The only viable option now (unless you live in a specific tiny niche of games) are the seemly extended ultra wides.

R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 04:08 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by Cucumber View Post
Id rather put that money in the bank as of now, the pricing on these cards are ridiculous. Id stay with the 1080 and turn some settings down until either the cards get beat, or Nvidia lowers their price. An upgrade is always fun and exciting to think about, but is that feeling really worth the money at this price? I dont think so at least.
Basically i am with you on that topic, as well as others say so and mentioned that. But last Weekend i did the thing and ordered a "Palit 11GB D6 RTX 2080 Ti GamingPro".

It was the one which i could get. And then it happened....

Card was not giving me a Picture, so my Screen stayed black. Flashed my Bios to the newest Version, but Card was not activated in the Bios. Fans worked.
Tried other Slot which did not work as well. Then i thought it might be my PSU (630+80 BeQuite) so i gave the Card to a Friend with an 800W one and it had the same issue, so no sign from the Card inside Bios, no Picture and not working in another Slot.

Result = RMA as DoA

That was my "first contact" with RTX 2080 Ti I was soooo pi***** and very very angry as i was happy that i made the decision and thought now my gaming can "begin again", but i was wrong.....now i have to wait for a replacement.

Last edited by P1nhead; 08-15-2019 at 04:12 PM.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 04:53 AM
Portgas D. Ace

Rep: 311 (Unique: 238)
^Jesus. Another RMA story for these RTX cards. I found this enticing: https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-...2-gpu-spotted/

PCMR
(18 items)
CPU
AMD RYZEN 7 1700
Motherboard
ASROCK TAICHI X370
GPU
EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC2 ULTRA
RAM
G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3200
Hard Drive
WD Red 4TB NAS HDD (x2)
Hard Drive
8TB Seagate Barracuda HDD (x2)
Hard Drive
SAMSUNG 860 EVO SSD 1TB
Hard Drive
WD Blue SSD 2TB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 1300 G2
Cooling
Noctua NH-U14S (CPU COOLER)
Cooling
Cooler Master JetFlo 120mm Blue LED Fan (X6)
Case
LIAN LI PC-V760B
Operating System
WINDOWS 10 64
Monitor
Dell UltraSharp UP2718Q - LED monitor - 4K - 27"
Keyboard
VORTEX POK3R WHITE EDITION
Mouse
LOGITECH G305 WIRELESS GAMING MOUSE
Audio
Sennheiser HD 598 Cs Headphones
Other
Real Arcade Pro. 4 Kai Joystick modded
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in