This is whats going on with the PC atm.
And I am not sure where to start on troubleshooting. To try to keep timeline/events concise, ill keep it in steps
Original parts are (i forget exactly which one)
Haswell pentium (not the G3258)
4gb ram (forget exactly which one)
a used HD 5570 1GB that i picked up for like $5
1. Built in around 2014ish. had no problems until it first starting doing that (is that artifacting? never experienced it so IDK how it looks like. but ill call it that for simplicity sakes) artifacting in 2016/2017
2. it did it once in a while. and would stop eventually. so i ignored it. no problems at all
3. 2019 about 2 months ago it did it again, and this time showed no signs of going away.
4. I instantly assumed it was GPU (which is why i am still posting here) so i bought a used gtx 270 3 weeks ago. (EDIT: NOT GTX 270. it was a r7 240A. i remember now that it was listed as a 270. but looking at pic/gpuz it was an r7) Should have posted this on AMD GPU looks like now. sorry, initially thought it was the 270 again when looking back at purchase history
5. it worked just find until again, just today.... when its having the same issue.
Where do i being to start figuring out whats going on here?
I dont believe its the TV, as switching to a cable box, works fine.
but i dont know where to go from here