someone mind helping me out with my OC? - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

someone mind helping me out with my OC?

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 04:16 AM - Thread Starter
Retired Staff

Rep: 814 (Unique: 613)
so i took the plunge and got an eVGA 8800GT while on special, and she won't make any noticeable difference when i clock her!

i'm no pro with rivatuner, but at 700/whatever, i think 1750 (i linked the clocks), 3dmark06 crashed, and at 675/whatever (again with linked clocks), it went through most of the tests, but on one, the balloon one, it was showing two slightly fuzzy images of the screen, so i called it quits. Both sessions the fan was manually set to 50%, and the memory was left at stock

I did a manual runthrough using atitool to scan for artifacts and rivatuner to get the clocks up, but i can only hit the clocks in my sig... on a 60% fan. anyone know how i can get more performance? cos i was promised if i OC it, i get an 8800GTS basically...

R.I.P Syrillian
Blitz6804, ... you watch too many telecomunications commercials XD
staryoshi: Your wallet is tight like a clam. Let it breathe like a fish
JCG: you spent half of your life studying for a job, and the other half complaining about the said job
Miki, re Boxxy; She's totally adorable, who could not like her? I know, I know, some find her annoying. But, I think they are just boring so their opinions don't count.
Afrodisiac; You are such a hypocrite it's not even funny

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 10:31 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 37 (Unique: 36)
Well to start, why not set the fan to 100%? That's how I clocked stable at 710 core clock linked in Rivatuner, and 1015 memory. Noticeable difference in crysis. I also rigged an 80mm spot fan blowing exhaust between my SLI cards out a gap in the PCI bay.

TRUE Lapping Guide: Abilor's TRUE GRIT!
Slayer of the RROD - PM me to ask how!
Free To Air Satellite Tester - Take Control of the Outer Space in Your Backyard!

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 10:39 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 131 (Unique: 121)
Yea set fans to 100% and use ATItool to scan for artifacts. Remember that all cards are different and an overclock on one 8800 may not be achievable on another 8800

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in