[Official] Nvidia 3d Vision + 3d Surround Club - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] Nvidia 3d Vision + 3d Surround Club

post #11 of 3476 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doat View Post
please elaborate more on this 3d vision you speak of, i heard about it but how do you get it and all the other info?

Well first you will need a nVidia graphics card thats a 8series or higher.

Next you will need these nVidia 3d Glasses

Finally you will need a monitor that is capable of a 120Hz refresh rate.

Now with all of these items you will be able to enjoy your 3d experience.

There are a few options for "3d-capable" monitors/tv/projectors out there. Depending on your budget is what will determine your selection.
Now if you think these lcd monitor/tv's are to expensive you can still bust out a old CRT monitor that is capable of running @ 120Hz and have no problems with that either.

This is definitely not a cheap item by any means but it was worse every penny in my book. I play nearly ALL my games in 3d except for Counter-Strike: Source because the crosshair doesnt focus properly when looking down a map.

I hope this helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 3476 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 02:34 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 14 (Unique: 14)
I have really been interested in this but have NO idea what the actual effect with these glasses is - can you elaborate how "3D" it actually is? How different is it than playing a standard game?
post #13 of 3476 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 02:36 PM

The best way to put it is if you ever seen a "3d" movie... But if not, everything has depth and even at times depending on what game your playin even looks like things pop out at you. It's pretty trippy, I find myself sometimes tryin to grab things but I know I wont be able to lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 3476 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 03:13 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 13 (Unique: 13)
Edited -
I think this idea is really cool, but I might wait for Display Port connector based hardware, so that I can go higher than 1680x1050.
post #15 of 3476 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 01:37 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 63 (Unique: 55)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KusH View Post
The best way to put it is if you ever seen a "3d" movie... But if not, everything has depth and even at times depending on what game your playin even looks like things pop out at you. It's pretty trippy, I find myself sometimes tryin to grab things but I know I wont be able to lol.
I envy you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mth91 go_quote.gif
That was the gayest post i've read in my life. You mounted a kid's dad, put him in a rear naked choke hold, and it was pure action? He was tall and thick? Geez. Can't you just say you kicked his ass instead of rammed it?
post #16 of 3476 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 01:42 PM

Haha Thank you sir, I think I spent some of my tax return very wisely getting the monitor and glasses.

I use this damn near every day on every game completely worth the 600$ price tag(monitor+glasses)
post #17 of 3476 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 04:14 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 20 (Unique: 18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KusH View Post
Haha Thank you sir, I think I spent some of my tax return very wisely getting the monitor and glasses.

I use this damn near every day on every game completely worth the 600$ price tag(monitor+glasses)
Im not familiar with the setup , but if its like regular 3d doesn't it have to render the scene more then once to get the 3d look? i remember watching old 3d movies and if you take the glasses off you see like the picture x 3 or so...Thats gotta put some load on your hardware no? what kind of framerate hit to you take enabling the 3d? it sounds awesome...my monitor is only 60hz though so i wont be trying it out anytime soon...

"Game Speed"
post #18 of 3476 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 05:00 PM

jtravapd your right when you do take the glasses off its almost unrecognizable (on highest depth) not so bad on very low.

With my setup depending on what game of course, i can get anywhere from 45-60fps the whole time.
post #19 of 3476 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 04:55 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 11 (Unique: 11)
This sounds bad***, I wish I had the money for a monitor like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrodisiac go_quote.gif
Honestly, I would feel less stupid having a pron folder on my PC than a fake folder full of pron. "Hey, look, food recipes!" "NO NO DON'T OPEN THAT FOLDER!"
post #20 of 3476 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 09:49 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
I think that the 3d vision gaming would look amazing, the 3d glassed dont work for me though they just make the screen blurry

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in