[Official] Nvidia 3d Vision + 3d Surround Club - Page 347 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

[Official] Nvidia 3d Vision + 3d Surround Club

post #3461 of 3476 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 08:25 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 11 (Unique: 10)
I was just wondering about other people's experience with them. I come across reviews and opinions of all the 3D Vision Asus and BenQ models except the XL2720T ("T" not "Z").

Moving from 3x Asus VG248QE to 3x BenQ XL2720T, I initially thought my XL2720Ts were faulty for the following two reasons:
- checkerboard pixels which I never even previously knew existed while I used the Asus
- heavy levels of pixel inversion (or 3D ghosting/crosstalk or whatever it's called)

I since read about the "sparkly, "fuzzy" 3D checkerboard and apparently it exists on all 3D Vision monitors but I never really, if at all, noticed it's existence with the Asus. I'm wondering if the higher PPI of the 24" Asus is the reason for not noticing the checkerboard.

Regarding the 3D pixel inversion/ghosting/crosstalk, there was so much with the BenQ XL2720T that, at first, I was going crazy trying out different drivers, and even GPUs. I started trying to research different monitor firmwares, tried actual BenQ xL2720T inf files, etc. I thought something had to be broken because I couldn't believe an advertised Nvidia 3D Vision 2 monitor could have so much crosstalk. It was almost unplayable even with the the OSD contrast at minimum making the image extremely dark and flat. I mean it's insane how much 3D crosstalk the BenQ Xl2720T has. It's almost considered broken and unplayable - double images everywhere - unlike the Asus VG248QE which was great.

This leads me to 2 questions since I'm upgrading to 3x Dell S2716DG:

1) Would a 1440p, 27" monitor make the 3D checkerboard much less noiceable relative to the 1080p, 27" BenQ and more like the 1080p, 24" Asus because of the higher PPI?

2) Does anyone here have experience with, both, the BenQ XL2720T and the Dell S2716DG (or the BenQ and the Asus PG278Q ROG Swift)?

PC
(13 items)
CPU
i7-9700KF
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro
GPU
GTX 1080 Ti
RAM
G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4 3600 MHz CL16 Sam B-die
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 Pro 512GB
Hard Drive
Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
Hard Drive
WD VelociRaptor 1TB
Power Supply
Antec HCP-1200
Cooling
Swiftech H320 (push/pull)
Case
Cooler Master HAF 932
Operating System
Windows 8.1 64-bit
Monitor
3x Dell S2716DG
Audio
Auzentech X-Fi Forte 7.1
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3462 of 3476 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 09:17 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 359 (Unique: 236)
To be honest i would not choose an upgrade path with 3d vision in mind, with almost no 3d support from Nvidia anymore its nearly dead. You can see the last post in this thread was from me 1 & 1/2 years ago. Especially an expensive 3 1440p surround setup.
post #3463 of 3476 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter
Retired Staff

Rep: 786 (Unique: 486)
The last two Tomb Raiders were very good in 3D
I still play in 3D quite often. But I've just run out of things to say about it and so haven't posted lately smile.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3464 of 3476 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 01:28 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 63 (Unique: 55)
A lot of the newer games have Out of the Box NVIDIA 3D vision support, with or without Surround.

is very odd to find games that don't actually support nVidia 3D.

Surround view is a whole other ball game, most games don't support it well

While the game can render in Surround View, their User Interface are never rendered properly in Surround View

but 3D i've never see that problem for 3D support.

Ok there were very few odd games where the Menu Depth was in the wrong depth, but the 3D render, the Pop Out feel it still works fine.

Many times you report the bug to the game Dev or Nvidia and they will have it fixed in the next patch update.

The only time you don't get support are for those really really old games that were not even made for 3D gaming.

Current project Upside Down S8 built log
post #3465 of 3476 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 03:38 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllGamer View Post

A lot of the newer games have Out of the Box NVIDIA 3D vision support, with or without Surround.

is very odd to find games that don't actually support nVidia 3D.

Surround view is a whole other ball game, most games don't support it well

While the game can render in Surround View, their User Interface are never rendered properly in Surround View

but 3D i've never see that problem for 3D support.

Ok there were very few odd games where the Menu Depth was in the wrong depth, but the 3D render, the Pop Out feel it still works fine.

Many times you report the bug to the game Dev or Nvidia and they will have it fixed in the next patch update.

The only time you don't get support are for those really really old games that were not even made for 3D gaming.
Only older games? Can you name 1 game released in 2016 that is 3D Vision ready? I don't believe there are any. And trust me I was one of the biggest 3D enthusiast. Unfortunately nvidia just dropped support of the tech.

What's up Achilee5! It's been a while. Hope your doing well.
post #3466 of 3476 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 06:15 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 11 (Unique: 10)
90% of the games I play on a regular basis work fantastic with Nvidia 3D Vision and the remaining 10% work either fantasrically or good enough thanks to Helix 3D updates/mods.

I'm also lucky that most (but definitely not all) games I play also happen to be some of the only games in the last 10 years, or ever, to offer TRUE triple screen support - 3 independent viewports/renders offering perfect vision, no distortion, and much more peripheral vision than the atrocious, typical "fake" triple screen support which 99% of games made sadly use.

It's very sad that in the year 2000s, let-alone mid-2016, most of the only games having true, proper triple-screen support are from niche, small, low-funded devs/games (eg. Assetto Corsa, Live for Speed, iRacing, rFactor 1 and 2, Netkar Pro, Automobilista [thanks to it's particular version of the rFactor 1 engine which is newer than the version Project Cars and Race Revolution Experience use]). You would have thought it'd be the other way around with the big, mainstream, multi-million dollar devs/games employing the feature but nope; It's 2017 and the newer Battlefield games and huge majority of games still look like a distorted, terrible, eye-gouging mess when using more than 1 screen.

I almost threw my 2 brand-new, outer Asus VG248QE monitors out the window the first time I setup my triple screen setup after trying it with Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3, and Metro 2033 - what an atrocious gimmick! However, I then tried it with games that have true triple-screen compatability and I was in triple-screen heaven.

Triple-screens with games that have true, proper triple-screen support (extremely rare) is like Nvidia 3D Vision: once you try it, you can't go back.

PC
(13 items)
CPU
i7-9700KF
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro
GPU
GTX 1080 Ti
RAM
G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4 3600 MHz CL16 Sam B-die
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 Pro 512GB
Hard Drive
Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
Hard Drive
WD VelociRaptor 1TB
Power Supply
Antec HCP-1200
Cooling
Swiftech H320 (push/pull)
Case
Cooler Master HAF 932
Operating System
Windows 8.1 64-bit
Monitor
3x Dell S2716DG
Audio
Auzentech X-Fi Forte 7.1
▲ hide details ▲
post #3467 of 3476 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter
Retired Staff

Rep: 786 (Unique: 486)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swolern View Post

What's up Achilee5! It's been a while. Hope your doing well.

Hi bud, I'm fine and trust you are too thumb.gif

I see you're playing with VR! How are you finding it?
To me the GFX look meh, but then I've only seen it on one screen smile.gif

post #3468 of 3476 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 06:42 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACHILEE5 View Post

There are no decent VR games yet, they are all in experimental and fun stage.

The only one that is closest to a Decent game in VR is Elite Dangerous, there was another space ship flying game, but I forgot the name, that one is also "OK"

post #3469 of 3476 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 06:57 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swolern View Post

Only older games? Can you name 1 game released in 2016 that is 3D Vision ready? I don't believe there are any. And trust me I was one of the biggest 3D enthusiast. Unfortunately nvidia just dropped support of the tech.

I've yet to see a new title that interest me, but from previous years Witcher 3 is good in 3D single, and specially 3D Surround
other games I play MechWarrior Online, Star Citizen, most racing games, the Fly Sims, that Train Sim... (No I do not play the Truck Sim, that is just silly tongue.gif )

Most space sim games works well with 3D and 3D surround

some way older games like Strike Suit Zero, Nexus Jupiter Incident, Galaxy on Fire 2,

for non Space stuff, Fallout 3 and 4 works great, as other mentioned already the 2 newer Tom Raiders.. is great, is like watching a movie. Deux EX, Remember Me, Defiance, Max Payne 3, Pax of Exile, Mirror Edge, Shroud of the Avatar, Sleeping Dogs, Torch light series, the newer Xcom series.

Pretty much every game I've thrown at it, it is able to properly get that 3D depth feeling

but again, the best ones are still the simulation type of games, the rest are just meh, simple map level depth feel, or pop up user interface of in-game menus stuff

Quite frankly with the re-birth of new generation of VR, even if nvidia 3D is supported out of the box, more and more game will become VR based

VR is true 3D, true depth feel.... just annoyingly inconvenient with the headset.

I got the HTC Vive love it, but hate it at the same time, damn cable keep tripping over it. LOL biggrin.gif

while HTC controllers are better than Oculus Rift... both are still far from being "natural"

both of them should use some sort of GLOVES, to make gestures, driving, flying, pointing, grabbing stuff more natural

post #3470 of 3476 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 09:02 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACHILEE5 View Post

Hi bud, I'm fine and trust you are too thumb.gif

I see you're playing with VR! How are you finding it?
It has been really fun so far. The 3D effect is perfect and very natural with one screen in front of each eye. The initial wow factor when you first try out the Vive is pretty mind blowing, because there has been nothing like it before. I do agree we need AAA VR titles, 99.9% of the Vive games are Indie. Horror games in the Vive are the best as it's all around you in VR and feels like there is no escape. Definitely makes grown men weep lol.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in