[Official] nVidia Surround - Page 595 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] nVidia Surround

post #5941 of 8979 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013, 08:49 PM
WeAreMad! (yup, I'm back)

Rep: 905 (Unique: 620)
Quote:
Originally Posted by King4x4 View Post

Blocks are coming tomarrow tongue.gif

Cards should be here by next week!

I just spent over 3k on my rig and my wallet is begging for mercy aaskull.gif

Some of the juicy parts: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Yes... I am finally installing QDCs biggrin.gif

and Finally:

Will be going First 780 in slot 1, Second in slot 3 and Last one in slot 4 trying to keep length wise between them.

Sweet baby jesus! that's is a lot of awesome gear. You'll be updating your sig rig log or starting a new one? Let me know how the acrylic goes, I've been tempted to try it.

Btw, i have my main card in slot #3 which the system recognizes as #1.

"Rock Bottom Became The Solid Foundation On Which I Rebuilt My Life" J.K Rowling
Mont Blanc 2.0
(9 items)
CPU
Intel i7 6700K @ 4.5
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming G1
RAM
G.skill Ripjaws 4 16GB (4x4GB) 2400
Power Supply
EVGA 1300G2
Cooling
Corsair H105
Case
Thermaltake View 71 (diy Snow Edition)
Operating System
Windows 10 Home
Keyboard
Razor Deathstalker Chroma
Mouse
Razor Deathadder Chroma Elite
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5942 of 8979 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013, 10:41 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 73 (Unique: 58)
Pretty impressive parts posted here. When I did my first and only build, I got all the cool stuff at that time... but I used a 42" Visio TV as my primary monitor for almost 2 years. Well... I finally decided to try NVidia surround. My monitors are not as impressive as all your IPS panels... but I'm happy with my BenQ XL2420T 120hz monitors. At least it looks and performs better than what I had... which is the only thing I can compare it too. Got these last week when they were on sale on Amazon (prime qualified). I had to go with 24" because of the limited space of where my desk sits... as you can see in the picture (door hits my desk on the right side, and the desk is as close as it can get to the closet door on the left side).

3benq_rig.png

I'm in the process of upgrading myself. Notice the boxes under my desk? The boxes on top of the AX1200i are all EK parts.... 3 of those boxes are EK FC-Titan copper/plexi blocks + 3 backplates. Thanks to Wermad's Green-Zilla build thread... I couldn't resist.tongue.gif
Wermad: Thanks for answering my questions in your thread.

My EVGA GTX 780 SC cards are scheduled to be delivered as early as next week. Planning to install the cards without the EK blocks when they come in. In September... when the 4930k comes out... that's when I finish buying all my stuff, tear down my build and upgrade. I'm going to rebuild my loop and sleeving to a different color scheme. I'm going red and black... like my alma mater colors (SDSU).

I'm new to this setup... so if you have any suggestions... let me know.
post #5943 of 8979 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013, 11:25 PM
Computer Art

Rep: 304 (Unique: 206)
@erayser

Wallpaper file or link please!

thumb.gif

post-flame-small.gifTEARS IN RAIN A Blade Runner inspired build (2017)post-flame-small.gif
post-flame-small.gifPARVUM WARFARE An Advanced Warfare themed build (2014)post-flame-small.gif
post-flame-small.gifPARVUM TITANFALL A Titanfall themed build (2014)post-flame-small.gif
post-flame-small.gifROBOCOP A Robocop themed 900D build (2013/14)post-flame-small.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5944 of 8979 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013, 11:32 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameswalt1 View Post

@erayser

thumb.gif

Found it in google images (Searched: 5760x1080 HD wallpaper). It's a popular triple monitor wallpaper. Here is one thread that has the wallpaper linked.
http://pc.mmgn.com/Forums/pc-software/Desktop-Wallpaper/Page-31
thumb.gif
post #5945 of 8979 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013, 11:35 PM
Computer Art

Rep: 304 (Unique: 206)
Thanks, that's how I found all of my wallpapers, heavy searching in google. I have tons of space themed wallpapers but never came across that one. Thanks!

post-flame-small.gifTEARS IN RAIN A Blade Runner inspired build (2017)post-flame-small.gif
post-flame-small.gifPARVUM WARFARE An Advanced Warfare themed build (2014)post-flame-small.gif
post-flame-small.gifPARVUM TITANFALL A Titanfall themed build (2014)post-flame-small.gif
post-flame-small.gifROBOCOP A Robocop themed 900D build (2013/14)post-flame-small.gif

post #5946 of 8979 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013, 11:56 PM
Lister

Rep: 296 (Unique: 182)
Quote:
Originally Posted by erayser View Post

Quote:

@erayser

thumb.gif

Found it in google images (Searched: 5760x1080 HD wallpaper). It's a popular triple monitor wallpaper. Here is one thread that has the wallpaper linked.
thumb.gif

Couldn't get it there. Got it from:
http://img.phombo.com/img1/photocombo/181678/submicron_Deviant-222.jpg_Remnant_NGC-7D5_5760x1080_HD.jpg
post #5947 of 8979 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013, 11:59 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 359 (Unique: 236)
Sweet setup Erayser!

And love that wallpaper. thumb.gif

How many 780s are you getting? Game any 3d surround?
post #5948 of 8979 (permalink) Old 07-24-2013, 12:16 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 376 (Unique: 153)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alancsalt View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by erayser View Post

Quote:

@erayser

thumb.gif

thumb.gif

Couldn't get it there. Got it from:
http://img.phombo.com/img1/photocombo/181678/submicron_Deviant-222.jpg_Remnant_NGC-7D5_5760x1080_HD.jpg
moderator +rep....

(A.S.) - IT | CompTIA A+, Net+ | MCDST | PMP | DSCE (Dell)
US Navy Vet - GS-E (PO3)

daily driver | surround boi

Clubz... (Click to show)
post #5949 of 8979 (permalink) Old 07-24-2013, 03:58 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swolern View Post

Sweet setup Erayser!

And love that wallpaper. thumb.gif

How many 780s are you getting? Game any 3d surround?

Thanks... I ordered 3 for tri-sli. I would have been tempted to order 4, but NVidia saved my poor wallet by not supporting quad-sli on GTX 780's.tongue.gif

Funny that you mentioned 3d surround gaming. Probably not the thread to ask... but I did have a question. I did have 3d gaming in mind... which is why I went with the monitors I chose. I went to the NVidia 3D Vision Surround minimum system requirements page, and they only had one "SLI mode" option... which is "Single GPU" for 3D surround. wth.gif

So when I set up my monitors for 3D surround, do I hook up my monitors to one GTX 780 card in tri-sli... like what NVidia recommends (picture below)? or do I hook up each monitor to separate 780's in tri-sli with dvi-d cables? I'm sure NVidia 's Control Panel will make recommendations... but just wondering others done, or would do, while I wait for my 780's to come.

3d_sur_config.png
post #5950 of 8979 (permalink) Old 07-24-2013, 04:30 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 376 (Unique: 153)
one monitor per card in Tri-SLI..

3-Way SLI 3D Vision Surround Gaming

The recommend configuration is as follows:

Connect the left 3D Vision Surround display to the graphics card at the middle of the PC chassis, using the first DVI connector.
Connect the central 3D Vision Surround display to the top graphics card, again using the first DVI connector.
Connect the right 3D Vision Surround display to the bottom graphics card, again using the first DVI connector.
Launch Windows, and in the NVIDIA Control Panel configure Surround, defining the center display as being connected to the top graphics card in the PC chassis. This sets it as the Master.
Connect the Accessory Display to the second DVI connector, HDMI port, or DisplayPort on the Master graphics card.
Alternatively, use the second DVI connector on each graphics card for the 3D Vision Surround displays, and the first DVI connector, HDMI port, or DisplayPort on the Master graphics card when powering the Accessory Display.

As the Master graphics card experiences the most load, our configuration defines it as the top-most card in the chassis. This card’s fan and cooler have the greatest amount of free space in the chassis, resulting in greater air flow, which leads to lower temperatures and slower, quieter fan speeds.

One final configuration is possible if our recommendation is unfeasible. As before, the user personally decides which graphics card is to be defined as the Master.

Alternative Option:

On the Master graphics, connect the central 2D Surround display to the DisplayPort.
On the second graphics card, connect the second 2D Surround display to the DisplayPort.
On the third graphics card, connect the final 2D Surround display to the DisplayPort.
Connect the Accessory Display to either DVI connector on the Master graphics card, or the HDMI port.

(A.S.) - IT | CompTIA A+, Net+ | MCDST | PMP | DSCE (Dell)
US Navy Vet - GS-E (PO3)

daily driver | surround boi

Clubz... (Click to show)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in