Overclock.net banner

GTS 450's are out and only $130 on Newegg!

13K views 201 replies 60 participants last post by  brettjv 
#1 ·
The GTS 450's are out now and are on Newegg for only $130. Which is way cheaper than previously thought it was going to be.

So far there are 6 of them showing up, Including an ASUS DirectCU TOP card for only $10 more($139) than the regular version($129).

Source

#177 ·
I need the blue shell though. I'm going to show off the inside of my computer at school and at home and over email to my friends.

#178 ·
Nice budget card to be used as a physX engine for ATI users

#179 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Godfather View Post
5770 x fire is faster then 450 SLI

Is there a reason you only posted ONE benchmark?

Drivers are still very early. The initial drivers for the 5770 were not nearly as good as they are now.

See I can do that too-

But yes I'll admit right now most benchmarks the 5770 is beating the gts450. Once again, drivers will get better, but something else...overclocking. None of these benches show overclocked results. I've noticed, with Fermi, that overclocking REALLY helps a ton...much more than overclocking the older gtx200 series and also ATI cards. With the GTX460, I've seen 20-30 FPS gains when overclocked, thats crazy, thats like a whole extra upgrade of the next step up card. I have no doubt the GTS450 will be the same way.

#180 ·
Just ordered one as PhysX card.

#182 ·
Some people might buy the GTS450 by accident because its specs list that it's faster than the GTX460 when it isn't. Its still a good card though. I guess I'm going to use it for my sister. Might make a nice mainstream card.

#183 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Overclocker/Gamer View Post
Some people might buy the GTS450 by accident because its specs list that it's faster than the GTX460 when it isn't. Its still a good card though. I guess I'm going to use it for my sister. Might make a nice mainstream card.
What specs are you talking about??? Where is it presented faster than the 460? And why would anyone assume that anyway since it's cheaper? It's also a lower number, 450, so I really don't understand how anyone could think it's better than a 460.

Plus, everyone knows that a gts isn't as good as a gtx.

#184 ·
The speed. Its around 200mhz faster than the GTX460 in specs but it isn't.

#185 ·
Quote:

The speed. Its around 200mhz faster than the GTX460 in specs but it isn't.
The core clock? Who goes by that determining how fast a card is thats in a different line?

The gts250 had a core clock of 738mhz, I don't know of anyone who thought it was faster than a gtx260 which was 576mhz.

Also, it's only 108mhz faster core clock. A base GTX460 is 675 core clock, a base gts450 is 783mhz.

The stream processors are clearly listed, 192 VS 336. Isn't it obvious that 336 processors at 675 mhz is faster than 192 at 783?

#186 ·
I'm comparing the DirectCU TOP models.

#188 ·
Check the stinkin asus global site. Its not that hard.

#190 ·
I don't. Why would it be?

#192 ·
Um...No. Why'd you even bother to bring up this conversation?

#193 ·
Quote:

Um...No. Why'd you even bother to bring up this conversation?
I think you do

Quote:

You are the one who brought it up.

#194 ·
I'm just saying. I didn't say we had to have this conversation about it. Its a possibility especially to some who just entered the club of building their own computers and decided to order the parts they just thought were the fastest or best without doing a good amount of research.

#196 ·
a little overpriced imo. but that's always the case on launch month. hopefully they do a massive price cut. there is no reason to get GTS 450 when GTX 460 768 is $154.99

#198 ·
GTX460's can still cost $200-$300 like the DirectCU or DirectCU TOP models but most people will go for the DirectCU model if they want a directcu model. The regular models are usually under $200.

#199 ·
Quote:

GTX460's can still cost $200-$300 like the DirectCU or DirectCU TOP models but most people will go for the DirectCU model if they want a directcu model. The regular models are usually under $200.
How many Engines does the DirectCU have?

#200 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by rocstar96 View Post
How many Engines does the DirectCU have?
I'm not really sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.