AMD Catalyst 13.4 (12.104.0.0 March 28) - Page 10 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

AMD Catalyst 13.4 (12.104.0.0 March 28)

post #91 of 171 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 07:38 AM

Rep: 107 (Unique: 87)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac11 View Post

I installed these drivers yesterday with my new 7950's and a fresh Win 7 install and have zero issues. I came from Nvidia and expected all kinds of problems but so far its been smooth sailing (knocks on wood) . I've played Far Cry 3, Crysis 2, Borderlands, Modded Skyrim and ran a ton of benchmarks.

Liking the change so far thumb.gif

I've been using nVidia and AMD cards at the same time on two systems for over a year now (since last spring, one's been upgraded with GTX 670 and then stepped down to a GTX 660 Ti and the other upgraded with a 7970), and I've not had problems with either one. Both computers are used daily for games and such, and I honestly don't see any difference in driver stability or general performance. I've increased contrast and digital vibrancy on my nVidia system, and it looks great like my AMD system. If you look at the nVidia beta driver thread (latest), you'll see people having problems. It's been a pretty even experience, in my opinion, where both camps have overall good drivers and some issues here and there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 171 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 07:40 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 107 (Unique: 93)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mac View Post

I have the flickering RP config screen issue, but games launch fine with the latest preview and these drivers.

The flicker has been around for a few versions. John says its an old bug, but no one else has complained about it in the thread.

The newest version also re-introduces the SMAA/Sweetfx overlay gamma over saturation issue.

I assume he made some changes to that code for people that were having lockup issues, and broke it somehow.

Id go back several released to avoid those bugs...

Mmm, latest RadeonPro 1.1.1.0 Preview I used(19 december latest revision) was wonderful with SweetFX(1.2, 1.3 and 1.4, although 1.4 new settings like curves appeared with a # before the name, but worked nonetheless).

It was when I upgraded to 1.1.1.0 13April under 13.3b drivers when it started flickering, and couldn't launch a single game. In my case, reverting just one release to 11April fixed everything. Gonna test with 13.4 WHQL to see if everything is still gold. Come back in 5 minutes wink.gif

In Soviet Rrussia, Babies eat YOU. :E
post #93 of 171 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 07:42 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 96 (Unique: 82)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElevenEleven View Post

I've been using nVidia and AMD cards at the same time on two systems for over a year now (since last spring, one's been upgraded with GTX 670 and then stepped down to a GTX 660 Ti and the other upgraded with a 7970), and I've not had problems with either one. Both computers are used daily for games and such, and I honestly don't see any difference in driver stability or general performance. I've increased contrast and digital vibrancy on my nVidia system, and it looks great like my AMD system. If you look at the nVidia beta driver thread (latest), you'll see people having problems. It's been a pretty even experience, in my opinion, where both camps have overall good drivers and some issues here and there.

I have no problem with Nvidia aside from price versus performance. But after reading all the crap about AMD drivers and crossfire issues I half expected the devil to possess my computer after installing AMD smile.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 171 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 07:44 AM

Quote:

I have no problem with Nvidia aside from price versus performance. But after reading all the crap about AMD drivers and crossfire issues I half expected the devil to possess my computer after installing AMD smile.gif

That's the problem--misinformation and prejudice interfere with objective decisions and influence people in wrong directions--that happens in many different areas.
post #95 of 171 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 07:48 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 325 (Unique: 216)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mac View Post

Asder00 is the source

nothing else is required.

I don't know who Asder00 is or why the drivers he posted are legit so, yes, more information is required when installing software onto my computer without a source to back it up.

Thanks.

post #96 of 171 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 07:48 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 122 (Unique: 94)
Quote:

You have to put it in perspective.

People with issues are the vocal minority.

Also the issues we tend complain about tend to be 1st world problems. Only people who are really in to hardware/benchmarking are going to even care.

99% of the buying public will have no perceivable problems whatsoever.

on both the red and greens sides.

post #97 of 171 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 07:50 AM
Hardware Rep

Rep: 165 (Unique: 132)
Since this driver gets released today, I can now comment:

13.4 WHQL is the Microsoft-certified version of 13.3 Beta. Aside from the addition of HD 7990 support, it offers no additional improvements.

If you have an issue with Catalyst, please do me a favor submit it to THIS FORM.
post #98 of 171 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thracks View Post

13.4 WHQL is the Microsoft-certified version of 13.3 Beta. Aside from the addition of HD 7990 support, it offers no additional improvements.

Thank you, Thracks!!!
post #99 of 171 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 07:51 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 564 (Unique: 287)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thracks View Post

You will release the new betas too like the 13.1 WHQL and 13.2 beta situation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG StroOnZ
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
No I said if Vega is clocked @ 1600MHz out of the box, I will eat my shoe on Twitch.tv.

Sound good? wink.gif
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicin View Post
Not in games, which is what 99.9999 percent of us care about

And unless you own a business, you get paid for your time. So your compute power just makes more work for you not less

Ryzen is a joke to the vast majority of the market who would consider buying their product.
post #100 of 171 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 07:52 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 122 (Unique: 94)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeshield View Post

I don't know who Asder00 is or why the drivers he posted are legit so, yes, more information is required when installing software onto my computer without a source to back it up.

Thanks.

hes been here a lonng time and gets us leaks long before anyone else does.

Believe me, if its from Asder00, its as legit as it gets.

that having been said, these leaks generally come from hardware vendors and reviewers who were given early copies to test their hardware which is why they tend to be in .zip, or .7zip format.

As a side, i wonder why we havent got a leaked copy of 13.5beta2, as the review sites/vendors have had them for some time....Perhaps AMD is getting better at plugging their leaks.

lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in