Please help me use 270X Crossfire (AMD noob) - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Please help me use 270X Crossfire (AMD noob)

post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 06:23 PM - Thread Starter
InstantAli3n

Rep: 150 (Unique: 110)
I am having a lot of serious issues here. I'll start by stating the end goal: Running CrossfireX with mantle and playing BF4. Is it even possible? Probably not. lol But I figure I'll ask first before I throw these cards away.

So I usually run a GTX 770 2GB with tuned settings to get 100-120fps at 1440p on BF4. I've been told I can have higher performance with CF 270X's so I'm trying that (already had them from a mining rig). However, as soon as I start up battlefield I got a VRAM/memory allocation error. I heard using "repair game" would fix that, so I did that and it seemed to update something and now I'm not getting that error, however I am getting THIS error now

So that's problem #1

I might have gotten it to run in crossfire with DirectX but it's hard to tell. GPU frame time graph was all over the place so that's a good sign tongue.gif

#2 is: My second card is stuck at PCI-E 1.1 for some stupid reason.

and here we go for #3 MSI Afterburner will not display any VRAM counter at all nor will GPU-Z. Ughhhhh And #4ish GPU Usage monitoring is stuck at 0%.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Less important below~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#5 Every time I enable/disable crossfire or change my refreshrate my QNIX2710 displays crazy lines like I'm trying to set an unsupported resolution. Then I have to unplug and replug my DVI-D cable to get the monitor to work (it will restart to the lines) I think this is because it sets it to 1080p for some STUPID reason which my monitor did accept on my 770 but whatever...

#6 Every time I hit apply on MSI Afterburner the screen glitches and gets some garbage lines for an instant, like the bottom of the screen is pushed down 2 inches by it. Happens on my mining rig too, totally different system and drivers. ***.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SPECS AND OTHER INFO~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Omega 15.x, MSI Afterburner 4.1.0, ULPS disabled, GPU settings synced. Drivers cleaned with DDU.

Please help, I've been posing around and nobody is responding. frown.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Problems #3 and #4 are solved by removing the Nvidia driver with DDU.
Problems #2 and #5 were solved by using a different Windows installation (very close to new)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 06:25 PM
Rabies is my business

Rep: 236 (Unique: 194)
Did they ever fix mantle/crossfire/bf4? Last time I tried it framerates were great (better than DX11) and stable (for about 5 minutes) until the memory leak got me. Every....single....time.

The New Recruit
(17 items)
CPU
AMD R5 1600X
Motherboard
Asus ROG Crosshair VI Hero
GPU
EVGA 1080 ti SC2
RAM
G.Skill Trident Z 3200
Hard Drive
WD Black 256GB Performance SSD
Hard Drive
WD 1TB Caviar Black
Hard Drive
WD 1TB Blue
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB
Power Supply
EVGA Supernova 750 G2
Cooling
Noctua NH-U12S
Case
Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
BenQ XL2730Z
Mouse
Logitech G502
Audio
Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium HD
Audio
Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 BT
Other
Sennheiser PC 363D
▲ hide details ▲
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 06:27 PM - Thread Starter
InstantAli3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletSponge View Post

Did they ever fix mantle/crossfire/bf4? Last time I tried it framerates were great (better than DX11) and stable (for about 5 minutes) until the memory leak got me. Every....single....time.
I just read an article stating it was going to be fixed soon and that was 4 weeks ago, plenty enough time to get to the March 3rd update. That and on the bf4 forums people were saying it worked in the CTE (which has been released to the main game now) so there's that.
Source: http://wccftech.com/dice-eas-david-sirland-confirms-win-81-amd-memory-leak-issue-fix-coming-driver-update/#ixzz3RVcolRCf
Wccf... sorry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter
InstantAli3n

The original error I was getting was similar to this:
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 06:53 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 7 (Unique: 7)
Did you run DDU to clear the nvidia drivers ? (http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html)
if i were you i would remove all of nvidia and amd drivers with the application.
You can use mantle and CF together i do so with my 290x pair
Maybe since you were mining with the cards they are damaged (Lines)

I was getting memory leak everytime but it was because i disabled the page file. make sure your page file is enabled
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 06:55 PM - Thread Starter
InstantAli3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by george241312 View Post

Did you run DDU to clear the nvidia drivers ? (http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html)
if i were you i would remove all of nvidia and amd drivers with the application.
You can use mantle and CF together i do so with my 290x pair
Maybe since you were mining with the cards they are damaged (Lines)
I will clean the Nvidia right now...
As for the lines, ALL 4 of my 270X's have this issue when connected to the display and this was brand new out of the box. The stock thermal paste has been replaced with Prolimitech MK-3 and they've been kept cool mining x11, x13 and x15 3/4th the time so I'm sure it's not damage of any sort.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter
InstantAli3n

Ok Nvidia drivers are cleaned... what a trip though. Display goes nuts, needs the DVI-D replug trick, refresh rate is now 60Hz and I have to set up custom resolution to get 120Hz
But I got it done.

Oh hey problems #3 and #4 are fixed!! I can now see that it reaches a maximum of 1710MB before it crashes in loading. smile.gif Thanks guys! Keep the ideas coming!
I'm going to try to post a video of the monitor glitch in a minute... I'll try to make it .webm
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 07:38 PM - Thread Starter
InstantAli3n

I finally got the damn AVI down to a >4MB webm. Here it is. http://webmshare.com/ZN7RG This happened a few seconds after hitting "clean" in DDU for the nvidia drivers. The same thing happens when I first boot up and when the display driver is interacted with in many ways. It's really annoying already and I've only had the cards installed 4 hours...
The screen going black is me unplugging the DVI cable and it coming back correctly is me plugging it back in. A restart WILL NOT fix that it just boots up to the same garbage screen.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 07:39 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 7 (Unique: 7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookieboyeli View Post

Ok Nvidia drivers are cleaned... what a trip though. Display goes nuts, needs the DVI-D replug trick, refresh rate is now 60Hz and I have to set up custom resolution to get 120Hz
But I got it done.

Oh hey problems #3 and #4 are fixed!! I can now see that it reaches a maximum of 1710MB before it crashes in loading. smile.gif Thanks guys! Keep the ideas coming!
I'm going to try to post a video of the monitor glitch in a minute... I'll try to make it .webm

I would try to remove the AMD ones aswell and re-install them if that doesn't work then i would re-install windows
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 07:52 PM - Thread Starter
InstantAli3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by george241312 View Post

I would try to remove the AMD ones aswell and re-install them if that doesn't work then i would re-install windows
Reinstall windows.... really? I mean that's a pretty annoying thing to do. I'm trying to hold out until Windows 10 releases.
I'll reinstall the AMD drivers and see if that helps first. I'll post back in a few minutes if I survive.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in