Kepler Bios Tweaker 1.27 basics for those previous users who want to know what it means. - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Kepler Bios Tweaker 1.27 basics for those previous users who want to know what it means.

post #1 of 541 (permalink) Old 03-16-2014, 12:42 AM - Thread Starter
voltage controller daemon

Rep: 294 (Unique: 196)

DISCLAIMER: You can break your cards functionality by flashing, Editing, Modding, or any other type of tampering with your card whether it be from hard-mods to soft-mods and if you are not willing to risk spending money on a new card you should not attempt any format of modding or overclocking!!!!! I nor anyone else in these forums shall be held liable for any damages.

If you have a 780 or above I recommend using the skyn3t bios lineup as these guys are the elite when it comes to modding and can help you best when it comes to getting the most.

GTX 780's:

https://www.overclock.net/t/1393791/official-nvidia-gtx-780-owners-club/0_20

GTX 780TI's: 

https://www.overclock.net/t/1438886/official-nvidia-gtx-780-ti-owners-club/0_20

These are responses to questions about a 700 series card but it can be applied to any card.

I dont know if this is useful but somebody asked me this question and i answered but i dont want to explain all of that again. So i will post it here so you guys can see the answers to the question as this explains some basic info for kepler bios tweaker 1.27:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANJULE View Post

Nice to see that you have the time to help. Thank you for that wave2.gif
Here is some questions more, since I still don't fully grasp this KBT (version 1.27)
(I list here what I see, if i don't get it)
-Common tab:
TDP Base Entry: Entry #1 (selectable list from Entry #0 to Entry #2 and disabled)
3D Base Entry: Entry #2 (selectable list from Entry #0 to Entry #2 and disabled)
Boost Entry: Entry #0 (selectable list from Entry #0 to Entry #2 and disabled)

Dont really get those "Entry #x" -things or the affect of changeing them.
Any experiance from editing them, or the meaning of them?

-Voltage Table:
P16,P16: 1137.5mV - 1300.0mV
What does this do? Is this the gap where the voltage can change according clockrate?

After that there are 4lines without any explanation, or front header:
.0mV - 1225.0mV
1237.5mV - 1300.0mV
.0mV - .0mV
.0mV - .0mV
So what are those very un-logical numbers?

Then there are P00 with 6 lines, and the 5th line has values .0mV - 887.5mV. Others are 0mV

After that P08 has only 1 line, values 0mV - 0mV

Then there are more interesting lines, their front-headers can be found from "Boost Table".
CLK 00,01,02,03,04,05: .0mV - .0mV
CLK 06: .0mV - .0mV
CLK 07: .0mV - 862.5mV
CLK 08: .0mV - .0mV
CLK 09: .0mV - 875.0mV
CLK 10: .0mV - 875.0mV
CLK 11: .0mV - .0mV

These continue to the CLK 63 (61-63 has 0.0mV), with random .0mV's
After CLK 63 there are two lines .0mV - .0mV and 1200.0mV - 1200.0mV

-Power Table has maximum pci-e lane outage of 38,5W

-Boost Table seem to cave Boost-rates for every Voltage-Table -value.
Line 00: green background
Lines 01-05: white background
Lines 06-62: yellow backgound
Line 63: green background
Line 64: white backgound
And it has a slider for Max Table Clock

I've read somewhere that the colours of this table determines the usable clockrates, but how to change it?

-Boost States has
P00 - Profile with GPC, L2C, XBAR and SYS frontheaders with Min. and Max. values
P08 - Profile has the same, but values are smaller

-Clock States has
P00 - Profile with the GPC, XBAR, L2C, DDR, SYS, HUB, MSD, PWR, DISP -values.
First five of them are on yellow backgound an last four are on white background

P08 - Profile has the same places with smaller vaues and all of the backgrounds are white

So I see some consistency between the tabs but, I'm not sure what to modify and how much. Neither I know anything about those values.

I'd be super-happy if someone could help me.

I will Break these down and then you can do more research as i am a user just like you i am not any more knowledgeable in this than you are but here is the basics.

Quote:

Dont really get those "Entry #x" -things or the affect of changeing them.
Any experiance from editing them, or the meaning of them?

Ok starting with the common tab. Those are your clocks. tdp is your base clock which is the default clock for when you are running everything like games and all it is just default.

3D base is the clocks 3D performance clock and when your card throttles this reverts to the TDP Base clock setting. 3D clock is primarily used for 3d apps and games that use 3d but it isn't neccessary. if you notice most cards tend to set this to the same as the TDP base clock probably because they are cutting it close on power anyway. Boost clock is the clock that boost will start at. and it will boost from there to as high as it can go. As long as boost is active it will sit at this clock setting as a minimum if it cannot go higher. The entry sections are preset values that can be found in the bios. There is 0,1,2  and each is originally meant to be assigned to each clock setting but as 3D base isn't used much and is usually assigned  the same value as TDP base clock the bios tends to only use 2. You can apply the third value and then oc it so that you have 3 different clock rates not counting the extra MHz that boost will pull.

Quote:

-Voltage Table:

P16,P16: 1137.5mV - 1300.0mV

What does this do? Is this the gap where the voltage can change according clockrate?

yes as the value to the left represents minimum max voltage and the value to the right represents maximum max voltage. What this means is that to use the card the way its meant to be used it can draw up to 1300.0mV but it must be able to draw at least 1137.5mV to be functional. In the bios there are voltage requirements and this is one. Without this voltage this card might not start and can possibly damage itself.

Quote:
Then there are P00 with 6 lines, and the 5th line has values .0mV - 887.5mV. Others are 0mV

After that P08 has only 1 line, values 0mV - 0mV

The voltage sliders with P-states like P00 or P08 are your performance states. in gtx 660's they have only 4 performance states. P00, p02, p05, p08, in which they eact states a power setting. P00 is the maximum performance state and p08 is the low power state. I assume you have a 700 series card by your number of power states and that makes sense with the power targets and the temp targets and boost 2.0 you basically will have a lot more power states linked, hence the multiple lines in p00. The left sliders represent minimum voltage and the right sliders represent maximum voltage.

Quote:

Then there are more interesting lines, their front-headers can be found from "Boost Table".

CLK 00,01,02,03,04,05: .0mV - .0mV
CLK 06: .0mV - .0mV
CLK 07: .0mV - 862.5mV
CLK 08: .0mV - .0mV
CLK 09: .0mV - 875.0mV
CLK 10: .0mV - 875.0mV
CLK 11: .0mV - .0mV    

These represent the voltage requirements for each clock. Again the left sliders represent minimum voltage and the right sliders represent maximum voltage. All the values that have no name or description will be revealed in the next kbt i am sure. I think when this was made it was made before he had the chance to properly figure out what those values are. The slots 61-63 are probably intended to be only boost states and that why they have a any voltage requirement.

Quote:

-Power Table has maximum pci-e lane outage of 38,5W

The power table has multiple settings for the rails and the pcie slot as well as the tdp and power target. It is up to you to change these values but these values are specific to each card so you will need to do research to find out more about these values for your card specifically.

Quote:

-Boost Table seem to cave Boost-rates for every Voltage-Table -value.

Line 00: green background
Lines 01-05: white background
Lines 06-62: yellow backgound
Line 63: green background
Line 64: white backgound

And it has a slider for Max Table Clock

Yes The boost states affect each setting for you cards clocks. Remember those voltage table settings? With this you can decide which clock speed gets assigned to which slot. So in my boost table my slot 41 is assigned to 1215MHz i can adjust the max table slider to assign that clock speed to number 38. This causes major instability if not done right though so i would advise caution and recommend not touching this.

Quote:

-Boost States has

P00 - Profile with GPC, L2C, XBAR and SYS frontheaders with Min. and Max. values
P08 - Profile has the same, but values are smaller

-Clock States has

P00 - Profile with the GPC, XBAR, L2C, DDR, SYS, HUB, MSD, PWR, DISP -values.
First five of them are on yellow backgound an last four are on white background

P08 - Profile has the same places with smaller vaues and all of the backgrounds are white

So I see some consistency between the tabs but, I'm not sure what to modify and how much. Neither I know anything about those values.

you need not change any of these values. As you make the changes to the clocks on the first page these will change automatically.

Now take this info and apply it to your own cards. 

For those that want KBT 1.27  KeplerBiosTweaker-v1.27.zip 97k .zip file  

got the kbt pic from here: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=374772

you MUST have the bios in the folder with nvflash Hold shift and right click in the folder with nvflash and the bios and select open command prompt here and you type [CODE]nvflash --protectoff[/CODE] then [CODE]nvflash biosname.rom[/CODE]   nvflsh32.zip 354k .zip file

Attached Files
File Type: zip nvflsh32.zip (354.3 KB, 396 views)

"To be an expert is to know more and more about less and less." Albert Einstein

Club List (Click to show)Proper Thread Etiquette! (Click to show)
People when you come to a thread asking for help you should follow these steps in this order:
1. Know exactly what you looking for as this helps us help you.
2. Check the first page to see necessary steps and requirements and even rules/guidelines if there are any.
3. Read the last 5-10 pages of a thread to check for mistakes that others have made so that you will know what mistakes not to make.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 541 (permalink) Old 06-02-2014, 12:06 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 11 (Unique: 9)
I'm trying to mod my BIOS by myself, but I don't want make mistakes, so I have some questions using Kepler Bios Tweaker 1.27 thumb.gif

COMMON
I disabled the "boost entry", so the "TDP base entry" will be always enable, right?

VOLTAGE TABLE
I didn't change anything but I feel that's an important tab for a stable overclock:

P08 = idle clock speeds and lowest power consumption
P02 = the default mode used when your PC boots or no drivers are installed.
P00 = Gaming/Load. This mode only accepts boost/offset values
P05 = ???

anyway I can set all the value ranges at same of P02 or P00 for disable power states?

What are CLK from 02 to 52? last four values without description?

POWER TABLE
Like Before, I didn't change anything but I feel is an important tab,
for a stable overclock.

Whate are these values? I must pay attention about every changes?

BOOST TABLE
An interesting "storm of numbers"... in the end I can change
only the "Max Table Clock".
But if in the Common tab I disabled the Boost Entry, still works?
In the end the "Max Table Clock" will me the top value reachable
in the boost state?

BOOST STATES
Like before, if in the Common tab I disabled the Boost Entry, still works?
I can change every value at same of P02 or P00 for disable power states?
Are what GPC, L2C, XBAR and SYS?

CLOCK STATES
I can change every value at same of P02 or P00 for disable power states?
Are what new values DDR, HUB, MSD, PWR, DISP?

Thanks guys for help!

post #3 of 541 (permalink) Old 06-02-2014, 01:22 AM - Thread Starter

COMMON I disabled the boost entry, so the TDP base entry will be always enable, right? (Click to show)
I disabled the "boost entry", so the "TDP base entry" will be always enable, right?
All clocks are enable at the same time and disabling boost will just set boost really low so it does not kick in like normal. this allows you to use whatever oc you apply to core be it base or 3d to be the more dominate number.

VOLTAGE TABLE
I didn't change anything but I feel that's an important tab for a stable overclock:

P08 = idle clock speeds and lowest power consumption
P02 = the default mode used when your PC boots or no drivers are installed.
P00 = Gaming/Load. This mode only accepts boost/offset values
P05 = ???
anyway I can set all the value ranges at same of P02 or P00 for disable power states? (Click to show)
You can set p00 and p02 the same but it will not disable power states as that is partially driver controlled the same way the driver prevents the card from meeting bios requests for voltage higher than 1.212v. the p05 and p08 are your low power states and if you set them high the card will not meet the driver requests to go into low power mode. this i am not to sure of but i beleive it could cause bsod's.

What are CLK from 02 to 52? last four values without description? (Click to show)
These are the voltage requirements for the clocks represented on the boost table. These are different which each card. Look at clock 2 on the boost table then look at the voltage table and that is where you can adjust the voltage requirements allowing to undervolt or overvolt clock stages.

POWER TABLE
Like Before, I didn't change anything but I feel is an important tab,
for a stable overclock.
What are these values? I must pay attention about every changes? (Click to show)
These values represent your TDP, Power Target, PCIe, and Rail power. 350000= 350w. you must pay close attention to this table as this is how you stop throttling. Remember these values are different for different cards as well. all 780's for example will share this table unlike the boost table and voltage table. By this i mean you can set the same power settings for a evga gtx 670 SC and then use them for a gigabyte gtx 670 but not for a 680.

BOOST TABLE
An interesting "storm of numbers"... in the end I can change
only the "Max Table Clock".
But if in the Common tab I disabled the Boost Entry, still works? In the end the Max Table Clock will me the top value reachable in the boost state? (Click to show)
This Table shows all default clocks and the numbers assign. It is used at all times regardless of boost or not and this table also sets your limit that you are allowed to boost to.

BOOST STATES
Like before, if in the Common tab I disabled the Boost Entry, still works?
I can change every value at same of P02 or P00 for disable power states? Are what GPC, L2C, XBAR and SYS? (Click to show)
These figures are dictated by the common, voltage, and power tables so they will update while you change those first three tabs if needed.

CLOCK STATES I can change every value at same of P02 or P00 for disable power states? Are what new values DDR, HUB, MSD, PWR, DISP? (Click to show)
These values like the boost states are dictated by the first 3 tabs and will change accordingly.

People when you come to a thread asking for help you should follow these steps in this order:
2. Check the first page to see necessary steps and requirements and even rules/guidelines if there are any.
3. Read the last 5-10 pages of a thread to check for mistakes that others have made so that you will know what mistakes not to make.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 541 (permalink) Old 06-02-2014, 01:59 AM
New to Overclock.net

Thanks man, I'm trying to do a soft OC, I let you know if stable after flashing the bios... thumb.gif

post #5 of 541 (permalink) Old 06-02-2014, 05:32 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bride View Post

Thanks man, I'm trying to do a soft OC, I let you know if stable after flashing the bios... thumb.gif
no problem.

post #6 of 541 (permalink) Old 06-02-2014, 07:59 AM
New to Overclock.net

bios modded... the function of minimum fan speed dont work... cant push this at 100%

post #7 of 541 (permalink) Old 06-02-2014, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bride View Post

bios modded... the function of minimum fan speed dont work... cant push this at 100%
you must be using afterburner. dont as it does that to me. use evga precision. the fans will work perfectly.

post #8 of 541 (permalink) Old 06-02-2014, 09:43 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Hi all friends, I'm a lightning GTX780 graphics card, the card's original BIOS but had a change of LN2 BIOS by SKY, but now I want the program to create this card in Changes dear friends can help make the proper settings for the slave card is?
Graphics card for normal BIOS would help
I did some adjustments and put the photos of friends, but I feel this card has more power
GTX 780 Lightning Voltage 1.252 in full stress But i haven't more Voltage .
I am grateful to the friends who help make the best setting
For example, the Boost Clock set in 1350Mhz but Run in 1290Mhz!!!
But I have no problem with the memory clock, memory clock increase the amount of voltage going to 1800mv
tanx
post #9 of 541 (permalink) Old 06-02-2014, 10:44 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by djthrottleboi View Post

you must be using afterburner. dont as it does that to me. use evga precision. the fans will work perfectly.

Sure, by software is easy, but I don't understand why by hardware don't works thumb.gif

post #10 of 541 (permalink) Old 06-02-2014, 10:48 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by farshad07 View Post

Hi all friends, I'm a lightning GTX780 graphics card, the card's original BIOS but had a change of LN2 BIOS by SKY, but now I want the program to create this card in Changes dear friends can help make the proper settings for the slave card is?
Graphics card for normal BIOS would help
I did some adjustments and put the photos of friends, but I feel this card has more power
GTX 780 Lightning Voltage 1.252 in full stress But i haven't more Voltage .
I am grateful to the friends who help make the best setting
For example, the Boost Clock set in 1350Mhz but Run in 1290Mhz!!!
But I have no problem with the memory clock, memory clock increase the amount of voltage going to 1800mv
tanx

first backup your gpu bios by GPUz software... I can mod the bios for you or I can explain to you how to do thumb.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in