[Official] NVFlash with certificate checks bypassed for GTX 950/960/970/980/980Ti/Titan X - Page 96 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] NVFlash with certificate checks bypassed for GTX 950/960/970/980/980Ti/Titan X

post #951 of 959 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 07:00 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by Laithan View Post
Looks like you are close... and figured out the naming convention. If you are certain that BIOS is compatible, perhaps you just need to pass some command line parameters to force the flash..

ie: -6 (You can also try renaming either .text or .data to nvflash.exe. One of them looks to me like the flash program renamed. )

Flashing should always be with admin rights, go to the properties of the .exe and check off "Run as administrator", I couldn't tell if that command prompt had elevated rights or not.

however that version of NVFLASH would not have the certificate checks bypassed so you might be stuck. Did you try every single version posted in the OP and at TechPowerUp? I think you are really going to need one with the checks bypassed...since this is a BIOS mismatch flash. If all of the bypassed versions are unable to detect your GPU then you may be stuck...

That's from using this version from techpowerup: https://www.techpowerup.com/download...atch-disabled/

This version seems to get the furthest, but nvflash crashes at that point. No beeps. I did see that some of the older versions in the OP here could identify the card, but they had issues too. Here's a screenshot from those, including one that made it the furthest:

I don't think they'll get any further because they lack the Board ID Mismatch override like that one version that crashes. I was gonna attempt to contact the person who modified that version, but it's too bad none of the versions here are able to do that + identify the board at the same time!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #952 of 959 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 08:21 PM - Thread Starter
Maximum_Unleashed

Rep: 498 (Unique: 263)
Bummer.... so close but yet so far...

GIGABYTE GTX 9xx G1 GAMING BIOS Tweaking
  ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=༼ຈل͜ຈ༽=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿  
░▒▓│ FORKAY‼ «  » WΘΘT ‼ │▓▒░
Xeon E5-1680 V2 (IVY-E) Inside

post #953 of 959 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 08:42 PM
New to Overclock.net

Bummer.... so close but yet so far...
I'll try and pick the most auspicious of the versions in this thread and link it to them (Vipeax is the username) with a request for the same kind of mod.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #954 of 959 (permalink) Unread 12-27-2018, 05:51 PM
New to Overclock.net

Is there a version of nvflash available with the inforom validation checks disabled? I screwed up the contents of one of the BIOS chips on a 980Ti Classified by cross-flashing another vendor's ROM and when I attempt to recover, I get this:

Quote:
Identifying EEPROM...
EEPROM ID (C8,4012) : GD GD25Q20 2.7-3.6V 2048Kx1S, page
Error preserving Inforom Image.

ERROR: Failed to merge Inforom image.
Edit: never mind, I figured out a way to force it to flash. I flipped the BIOS selection switch after nvflash had verified the existing image but before erasing and programming, and then wrote known good ROMs to both positions afterward. The card is fixed.

Last edited by terminx; 12-27-2018 at 06:53 PM.
post #955 of 959 (permalink) Unread 03-26-2019, 04:01 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 4)
Hi guys, is there anyone try to flashing unsigned (original bioses are getting unsigned after modification by mobile pascal TDP tweaker) bios to pascal cards using these commands :

nvflash --licreq=LicenseRequest.bin USER_FW_MOD"

nvflash --wrhlk=License.hulk

nvflash --license=License.hulk vbios.rom

post #956 of 959 (permalink) Unread 03-26-2019, 04:30 PM - Thread Starter
Maximum_Unleashed

Quote: Originally Posted by emreonal69 View Post
Hi guys, is there anyone try to flashing unsigned (original bioses are getting unsigned after modification by mobile pascal TDP tweaker) bios to pascal cards using these commands :

nvflash --licreq=LicenseRequest.bin USER_FW_MOD"

nvflash --wrhlk=License.hulk

nvflash --license=License.hulk vbios.rom
Nobody has cracked the code years later.. very surprised as just about everything else has been cracked/hacked.. There isn't much motivation either TBH, voltage doesn't seem to help Pascal scale so modding the BIOS is very limited as to what is can do to help in the first place. What PASCAL GPUs really need is more power and I guess a shunt mod can help there.

Lastly, having the correct syntax is part of the equation however we've never been able to create our own signatures. Assume hulk commands are used in signing the BIOS but we don't have a way to generate the signature/license so having the syntax doesn't help. Flashing a signed BIOS is easy and doesn't require those commands.

It's good to see that some still have hope, but as it stands Maxwell was the end

post #957 of 959 (permalink) Unread 03-27-2019, 01:06 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 4)
Nobody has cracked the code years later.. very surprised as just about everything else has been cracked/hacked.. There isn't much motivation either TBH, voltage doesn't seem to help Pascal scale so modding the BIOS is very limited as to what is can do to help in the first place. What PASCAL GPUs really need is more power and I guess a shunt mod can help there.

Lastly, having the correct syntax is part of the equation however we've never been able to create our own signatures. Assume hulk commands are used in signing the BIOS but we don't have a way to generate the signature/license so having the syntax doesn't help. Flashing a signed BIOS is easy and doesn't require those commands.

It's good to see that some still have hope, but as it stands Maxwell was the end
Actually I have solved my problem due to xoc bios, but some friends which have Lightning cards (xoc bios doesnt work correctly) needs to rise up power limit and its possible with Mobile Pascal TDP Tweaker but the problem is , after this modfication the bios can not reflash to card because of sing. There are lot of programmer but no one cant effort for hacking this simple flasher. By the way on the latest version of After Burner (v4.6), curve voltage limit rised up to 1.25v but I cant give voltage above 1.2v , I tried to locking 1.24v but noting changed its same on monitoring 1.2v (gpu-z and AB ).

post #958 of 959 (permalink) Unread 04-01-2019, 07:49 AM - Thread Starter
Maximum_Unleashed

FYI
https://www.overclock.net/forum/27916980-post286.html

post #959 of 959 (permalink) Unread 04-06-2019, 05:20 AM
New to Overclock.net

you have XOC bios, idk what you want more tbh, even running 1.2v on 1080ti's for daily use, degrade GPU after year and a half, with it u have no power limits and you can push voltage a bit too. pascal overclocks well enough out of box.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in