GIGABYTE GTX 9xx H2O/AIR BIOS Tweaking ?(ô?ô)? - Page 103 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

GIGABYTE GTX 9xx H2O/AIR BIOS Tweaking ?(ô?ô)?

post #1021 of 7845 (permalink) Old 07-02-2015, 10:20 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 42 (Unique: 32)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laithan View Post

Yes, same as clock test 2. Identical checksum

Low the max boost? Nope, not unless 1506 isn't stable for "MOST". Is 1506 not stable for you?
0 length, you're right doh.gif

Hey we just discovered something biggrin.gif

The posted BIOS is for a DP BIOS.. Some people run a DD BIOS. Gigabyte has a dual BIOS that does NOT have a switch and is determined by the video outputs you decide to use. Any chance you can teach us how to HxD this bad boy or possibly edit a DD BIOS for us also? I am sure someone can post a STOCK DD BIOS for us.

biggrin.gif

Sure! The trick is to find the start of the voltage entry array. This is usually after a large field of 0, though that is too common throughout the file. There is a preamble of sorts, but it may be variable for all I know. This part of the preamble -> 50 1D 04 08 03 03 F0 <- should be constant for all.

Probably the most easiest way to find the start of the voltage array, is to duplicate the bios, change the value of the first slider (the max voltage one), and use HxD's comparison feature (ctrl+K) to find the difference. This should land you on the start of the 3rd entry in the array. The second entry is some random stuff, sometimes empty, sometimes not, and the first is the unknown 600-1275 entry. The blocks are 34 bytes (or 22 in hexadecimal, HxD displays selection length in hexadecimal), so the start of the voltage array should be 2*22 = 44 = 68 bytes before the first difference.

Or, if you do not care about the start of the array, and just want to change the two values for throttle and binning, you go from the difference 34 (22 in hex) bytes forward, which is the binning entry, and another 34 (22 in hex) bytes forward, is the throttling slider.

Once you are confident you have found the starts of the entries (hint: usually after an FF byte, but not always though), you can replace the next 8 bytes (2 integers) with this ->E2 8C 13 00 E2 8C 13 00<- This is the number 1281250, twice in succession. You just select the 8 bytes and copy-paste.

After that, the sliders will appear in MBT.

EDIT:
Here is the DD one with slider values as close to the original as possible
GM200DD.zip 152k .zip file
Attached Files
File Type: zip GM200DD.zip (151.7 KB, 14 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1022 of 7845 (permalink) Old 07-02-2015, 10:29 PM - Thread Starter
Maximum_Unleashed

Rep: 498 (Unique: 263)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WerePug View Post

Sure! The trick is to find the start of the voltage entry array. This is usually after a large field of 0, though that is too common throughout the file. There is a preamble of sorts, but it may be variable for all I know. This part of the preamble -> 50 1D 04 08 03 03 F0 <- should be constant for all.

Probably the most easiest way to find the start of the voltage array, is to duplicate the bios, change the value of the first slider (the max voltage one), and use HxD's comparison feature (ctrl+K) to find the difference. This should land you on the start of the 3rd entry in the array. The second entry is some random stuff, sometimes empty, sometimes not, and the first is the unknown 600-1275 entry. The blocks are 34 bytes (or 22 in hexadecimal, HxD displays selection length in hexadecimal), so the start of the voltage array should be 2*22 = 44 = 68 bytes before the first difference.

Or, if you do not care about the start of the array, and just want to change the two values for throttle and binning, you go from the difference 34 (22 in hex) bytes forward, which is the binning entry, and another 34 (22 in hex) bytes forward, is the throttling slider.

Once you are confident you have found the starts of the entries (hint: usually after an FF byte, but not always though), you can replace the next 8 bytes (2 integers) with this ->E2 8C 13 00 E2 8C 13 00<- This is the number 1281250, twice in succession. You just select the 8 bytes and copy-paste.

After that, the sliders will appear in MBT.

EDIT:
Here is the DD one with slider values as close to the original as possible
GM200DD.zip 152k .zip file

buttkick.gif

ok, DD BIOS folks, you're screwed!! biggrin.gif

EDIT: Oh phew you did it for us.. I mean..not that I had any trouble understanding how to do it or anything (ya right, I was thinking "search for this and replace with that" kinda thing. LMAO!)

I was actually laughing out loud here.. coolsmiley02.gif

I'm too tired atm to copy everything over from the DP BETA 1 so someone can have a homework assignment wink.gif

Cyall on the flip side sleepysmiley03.gif

GIGABYTE GTX 9xx G1 GAMING BIOS Tweaking
  ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=༼ຈل͜ຈ༽=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿  
░▒▓│ FORKAY‼ «  » WΘΘT ‼ │▓▒░
Xeon E5-1680 V2 (IVY-E) Inside

post #1023 of 7845 (permalink) Old 07-02-2015, 10:38 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

buttkick.gif

ok, DD BIOS folks, you're screwed!! biggrin.gif

EDIT: Oh phew you did it for us.. I mean..not that I had any trouble understanding how to do it or anything (ya right, I was thinking "search for this and replace with that" kinda thing. LMAO!)

I was actually laughing out loud here.. coolsmiley02.gif

In this case, the offsets voltage array start is at the same position as the DP's one is (my MSI's bios' array is somewhere else entirely). The default value for those two sliders are 1150675-1198470 and 1190349-1239838. This value is in MICROvolts. I am unsure if the VRM on the card are so sensitive, they can distinguish microvolts in the current. That would warrant a question, where did these values come from? The do look arbitrary enough
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1024 of 7845 (permalink) Old 07-02-2015, 10:53 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

I'm too tired atm to copy everything over from the DP BETA 1 so someone can have a homework assignment wink.gif

980Ti_F3DD_V1BETA.zip 152k .zip file
Eh, close enough.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 980Ti_F3DD_V1BETA.zip (151.7 KB, 3 views)
post #1025 of 7845 (permalink) Old 07-02-2015, 11:10 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 3)
Quote:

Still some driver instability issues lately also but could be too much, we'll see how others are and get some feedback going. As a matter of fact, can you try Firestrike and see how much +Mhz you can add with both sliders maxxed? I'd rather stick with something proven stable to make sure we don't end up chasing squirrels. tongue.gif

I think we can get to the 1500's club!

Getting artifacts at 1508 and hitting pwr perfcaps tongue.gif.

post #1026 of 7845 (permalink) Old 07-02-2015, 11:13 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 17 (Unique: 11)
Quote:

Every last 1 bit, but feel free to recheck.

I noticed strange thing marked in red:

Why co CLK 29 - 33 look like this?
Attached Files
File Type: zip 980Ti_F3DD_V1BETA.zip (151.7 KB, 6 views)
post #1027 of 7845 (permalink) Old 07-02-2015, 11:32 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 47 (Unique: 35)
I will keep testing the G1 but I am stable at 1560 core on the 80% ASIC AMP Extreme. It's going to be nigh impossible to beat that overclock tongue.gif
post #1028 of 7845 (permalink) Old 07-02-2015, 11:36 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalforce View Post

I will keep testing the G1 but I am stable at 1560 core on the 80% ASIC AMP Extreme. It's going to be nigh impossible to beat that overclock tongue.gif
From the table you posted your G1 clocks low my default boost was 1354Mhz on ASIC 72.1%
post #1029 of 7845 (permalink) Old 07-02-2015, 11:44 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 47 (Unique: 35)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xonare View Post

From the table you posted your G1 clocks low my default boost was 1354Mhz on ASIC 72.1%

All dependent on card, game, temp, resolution and load. Check out the clocks shown here:

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/gigabyte_geforce_gtx_980_ti_g1_gaming_soc_review,35.html

Either way, I'd like to get another G1 to see if I can get higher... but once again, 1560 is unheard of from every source I've checked so far.
post #1030 of 7845 (permalink) Old 07-02-2015, 11:47 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by xonare View Post

Every last 1 bit, but feel free to recheck.
DD Test run log:
http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/7602085?
GPU-ZSensorLog4.zip 8k .zip file
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalforce View Post

Either way, I'd like to get another G1 to see if I can get higher... but once again, 1560 is unheard of from every source I've checked so far.
I would love to let you use my card, I was able to push 1569Mhz on Valley runs but it was unstable.
Gonna try to do something here with new bios we were working on, but after work today smile.gif
Attached Files
File Type: zip GPU-ZSensorLog4.zip (7.8 KB, 5 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in