GIGABYTE GTX 9xx H2O/AIR BIOS Tweaking ?(ô?ô)? - Page 122 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

GIGABYTE GTX 9xx H2O/AIR BIOS Tweaking ?(ô?ô)?

post #1211 of 7855 (permalink) Old 07-12-2015, 11:24 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookieboyeli View Post

All this power supply talk, and here I am using a Seasonic Platinum 1000w that everybody on the face of the earth told me was overkill (Highly overvolted fx-6350+770). But no matter what I do I will never have to get a new PSU again! This one has a 7 year warranty too.

I could get two 980 Ti's and a 5820k be totally FINE.

So next time anyone thinks some shabby multi rail 850w bronze is going to cut it, think again. As Laithan said you don't want to go over 80% load for efficiency.

Also, Platinum will pay it self off in electricity savings in 3-5 years vs bronze.

Just a friendly "I told you so". tongue.gif

My 850 Gold WOULD have been enough for the SLI 970 setup I was planning on until I got a 4K monitor and the Ti came out headscratch.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1212 of 7855 (permalink) Old 07-13-2015, 03:22 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Hello just a quick question i have a g1 gaming 970 with samsung memory my original bios is b8 F42
do i edit my bios with your settings or flash b2 or b3?
pretty sure just copying is safest but thought i should ask anyway.
post #1213 of 7855 (permalink) Old 07-13-2015, 06:08 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnite View Post

Let me know how it goes. I am also running a 3570K with an OC and a Corsair 850. I really started getting concerned about my SLi possibilities when I saw GPU-Z reporting power throttling with a custom BIOS set to 430W TDP limit

Let you know, been running custom bios on my current 980ti G1 and probably only geting extra 20Mhz or so benefit, card has high asics so on stock bios and voltage I've been running it at 1533core 8000Mhz, when 2nd card arrives my 24/7 clocks will be hopefully be 1500Mhz on each providing my second card is capable with just standard bios. Think the 1.28v bios will cause to much heat with sli on these cards unless you under water or unless you want fans up quite high which will cause some noise.

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1214 of 7855 (permalink) Old 07-13-2015, 06:21 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by dual109 View Post

Let you know, been running custom bios on my current 980ti G1 and probably only geting extra 20Mhz or so benefit, card has high asics so on stock bios and voltage I've been running it at 1533core 8000Mhz, when 2nd card arrives my 24/7 clocks will be hopefully be 1500Mhz on each providing my second card is capable with just standard bios. Think the 1.28v bios will cause to much heat with sli on these cards unless you under water or unless you want fans up quite high which will cause some noise.

Cheers

Yep, that's why I'm back on stock bios. Only gain about 20mhz going from 1.2 to 1.28 but temps went way up
post #1215 of 7855 (permalink) Old 07-13-2015, 06:35 AM - Thread Starter
Maximum_Unleashed

Rep: 500 (Unique: 265)
Quote:
Originally Posted by andygully View Post

Hello just a quick question i have a g1 gaming 970 with samsung memory my original bios is b8 F42
do i edit my bios with your settings or flash b2 or b3?
pretty sure just copying is safest but thought i should ask anyway.

Hi there. Since you have a F42 you will not be able to flash the BIOS' I have posted. You will need to extract your BIOS (or download the latest one) and edit it to copy ALL settings over exactly.

I can check it for you once done if you want.. wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnite View Post

Yep, that's why I'm back on stock bios. Only gain about 20mhz going from 1.2 to 1.28 but temps went way up

Higher temps are not an issue unless you are getting overheating and instability. thumb.gif
There are still benefits from the MOD BIOS even if you don't raise voltage. The throttling, PWR perfcaps, etc.

It is true though, depending on your ASIC (leakage or whatever) some GPUs will gain more benefit than others with more voltage. It is a "try and see" situation.

I had posted the 1.24v version of the Ti BIOS that may work well for you since it has all the tweaks but keeps voltage down.

980Ti_F3DP_V2BETA124.zip 152k .zip file
Attached Files
File Type: zip 980Ti_F3DP_V2BETA124.zip (151.7 KB, 12 views)

GIGABYTE GTX 9xx G1 GAMING BIOS Tweaking
  ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=༼ຈل͜ຈ༽=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿  
░▒▓│ FORKAY‼ «  » WΘΘT ‼ │▓▒░
Xeon E5-1680 V2 (IVY-E) Inside

post #1216 of 7855 (permalink) Old 07-13-2015, 06:41 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
thought as much. Thanks for the offer.
My cards boosting to 1418 at stock so might just leave it alone don't want to mess it up.
post #1217 of 7855 (permalink) Old 07-13-2015, 06:59 AM - Thread Starter
Maximum_Unleashed

Rep: 500 (Unique: 265)
Quote:
Originally Posted by andygully View Post

thought as much. Thanks for the offer.
My cards boosting to 1418 at stock so might just leave it alone don't want to mess it up.

OK. There's no pressure here, in the end it is your choice and there is always SOME risk, but if you need help on the process to make sure you do it correctly, we can cover that here tongue.gif. Send me a PM and I can walk you through it otherwise thanks for stopping by! tongue.gif

GIGABYTE GTX 9xx G1 GAMING BIOS Tweaking
  ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=༼ຈل͜ຈ༽=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿  
░▒▓│ FORKAY‼ «  » WΘΘT ‼ │▓▒░
Xeon E5-1680 V2 (IVY-E) Inside

post #1218 of 7855 (permalink) Old 07-13-2015, 06:59 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laithan View Post

Hi there. Since you have a F42 you will not be able to flash the BIOS' I have posted. You will need to extract your BIOS (or download the latest one) and edit it to copy ALL settings over exactly.

I can check it for you once done if you want.. wink.gif
Higher temps are not an issue unless you are getting overheating and instability. thumb.gif
There are still benefits from the MOD BIOS even if you don't raise voltage. The throttling, PWR perfcaps, etc.

It is true though, depending on your ASIC (leakage or whatever) some GPUs will gain more benefit than others with more voltage. It is a "try and see" situation.

I had posted the 1.24v version of the Ti BIOS that may work well for you since it has all the tweaks but keeps voltage down.

980Ti_F3DP_V2BETA124.zip 152k .zip file

Thanks for all the work you put into those. I'm certainly not saying there's anything wrong with it, and will continue using them and tweaking them for my own use once the water blocks come out. I just don't like the added noise especially in my high ambient temps. My ASIC is 79% so that totally mught have something to do with my high clocks on stock voltage and little gain from adding V. I think I only got up to 1506 from my current 1499 on 1.24.
post #1219 of 7855 (permalink) Old 07-13-2015, 07:25 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 5)
I wish EK would bring out the full water block for the 980Ti G1.

Does anyone know when it's likely to be released?

I'm happy running my card with mild OC (or even stock!) for time being and using a custom curve to keep the noise down.

But still can't beat being under water (especially when the rest of my system is!)

CPU: i7-5960X @ 4.5GHZ / 4.5GHZ Cache / EK-Supremacy EVO - Full Nickel
MOBO/PSU: X99 SOC Champion / EVGA SuperNova P2 1200W '80 Plus Platinum'
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 3200Mhz
GPU: Gigabyte 980Ti G1 / EK Full Custom Waterblock
STORAGE OS: Intel 750NVMe 400GB (WIN10Pro)
CASE/COOLING: Enthoo Primo / Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 420 + 480 Monsta
post #1220 of 7855 (permalink) Old 07-13-2015, 07:33 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 19 (Unique: 13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobied77 View Post

I wish EK would bring out the full water block for the 980Ti G1.

Does anyone know when it's likely to be released?

I'm happy running my card with mild OC (or even stock!) for time being and using a custom curve to keep the noise down.

But still can't beat being under water (especially when the rest of my system is!)

Oh, so they're not available yet? Cool, got some more time to save money for my loop then xD

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in