GIGABYTE GTX 9xx H2O/AIR BIOS Tweaking ?(ô?ô)? - Page 185 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

GIGABYTE GTX 9xx H2O/AIR BIOS Tweaking ?(ô?ô)?

post #1841 of 7850 (permalink) Old 08-19-2015, 08:36 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 2)
Laithan,

This works perfectly and I just tested it in BF4. Maybe worth adding to the OP so people can allow the card to throttle down in between gaming/benchmarking.

"Originally Posted by necriss View Post

I fixed this problem by setting the Global profile to Adaptive and individual game profiles to Prefer Max Performance. When I'm in Windows it's whisper silent and in game doesn't throttle smile.gif"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1842 of 7850 (permalink) Old 08-20-2015, 02:30 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
BIG THANKS LAITHAN,

Using your bios with a few mods for allowing 1.31V I managed to do some bench runs and these G1 cards are beasts

Single
http://www.3dmark.com/fs/5757415

SLI
http://www.3dmark.com/fs/5766294

Using your v4beta for gaming at 1490 / 2000.

thumb.gif

post #1843 of 7850 (permalink) Old 08-20-2015, 05:19 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laithan View Post

Good stuff! Wow, welcome to the 1600 club thumb.gif

Sigh, spoke too soon. The problem came back, I think I didn't push my card enough when I thought that the issue was fixed. I'm attaching a log, if you could please give it a look!

GPU-ZSensorLog.zip 2k .zip file
Attached Files
File Type: zip GPU-ZSensorLog.zip (2.4 KB, 13 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1844 of 7850 (permalink) Old 08-20-2015, 09:18 AM
New to Overclock.net

No good on my GPU.

Reverted back to the GIgabyte F4 bios because this bios only gives me ~20-30Mhz depending on the game/benchmark boost over that before artifacts appear and that was only testing a few games/benchmarks and requires much more voltage for the same clocks on my card (200mhz higher at the same voltage on gigabytes). Also my card is pretty much silent on the Gigabyte supplied F4 and loud as hell on this.

Specs: EVGA 1300w G2, Asus X99 deluxe and a 5820k.

I was able to get 1527 on stock bios, tested for several weeks so I can confirm its pretty stable. This only got me to 1555 at best and that got artifacts in the witcher 3 so I dialed it down a little to get it to run with no issues. FPS and temps in the witcher 3 were the exact same, only noticeable difference was the stock bios the 980ti is almost silent and on this it sounds almost as bad as a fermi card/290x reference cooler. On this bios that was with memory set 200mhz lower than the gigabyte too since raising it to what I used on that was crashing windows.

I also tested this bios on my last 980ti which only could get to 1480 stable on the F3 bios, but this got it up to 1540.
post #1845 of 7850 (permalink) Old 08-20-2015, 09:22 AM
New to Overclock.net

Hi,

New here, and just wanted to ask a question. If I'm running Sli, how do I flash both cards? So I have to have one installed at a time?

I extracted the bios after flashing, and although the versions are different, all the clock settings are identical - it is just a few fan control settings that are different.

Card 1:
Name: GV-N98TG! GAMING-6GD_P/F4
Version: 84.00.36.00.6E
Checksum: 9A -[9A]

Card 2:
Name: GV-N98TG! GAMING-6GD_P/F3
Version: 84.00.32.00.68
Checksum: B5 -[B5]

Would this cause problems in games etc? I know that the nvidia drivers are rubbish at the moment, but I've been getting crashes, and display driver stop-responding problems. Also in some games, I get like a squealing at random times.

I should mention that I also use MSI afterburner for manual fan control and to boost the clock and memory some more.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Spoonie.
post #1846 of 7850 (permalink) Old 08-20-2015, 11:13 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonie View Post

Hi,

New here, and just wanted to ask a question. If I'm running Sli, how do I flash both cards? So I have to have one installed at a time?

I extracted the bios after flashing, and although the versions are different, all the clock settings are identical - it is just a few fan control settings that are different.

Card 1:

Card 2:

Would this cause problems in games etc? I know that the nvidia drivers are rubbish at the moment, but I've been getting crashes, and display driver stop-responding problems. Also in some games, I get like a squealing at random times.

I should mention that I also use MSI afterburner for manual fan control and to boost the clock and memory some more.

Thanks

Spoonie.

https://www.overclock.net/t/1544574/gigabyte-gtx-9xx-g1-gaming-h2o-air-bios-tweaking/670#post_24066794

instructions on doing both cards.
post #1847 of 7850 (permalink) Old 08-20-2015, 11:26 AM
New to Overclock.net

Hey guys,

i got a simple question:

how do you change the color scheme if your not using oc guru ... or does oc guru save the scheme to the bios/flash of the card?! smile.gif

post #1848 of 7850 (permalink) Old 08-20-2015, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter
Maximum_Unleashed

Rep: 500 (Unique: 265)
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertr1 View Post

Laithan,

This works perfectly and I just tested it in BF4. Maybe worth adding to the OP so people can allow the card to throttle down in between gaming/benchmarking.

"Originally Posted by necriss View Post

I fixed this problem by setting the Global profile to Adaptive and individual game profiles to Prefer Max Performance. When I'm in Windows it's whisper silent and in game doesn't throttle smile.gif"

Sure I can add that advice, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascas View Post

BIG THANKS LAITHAN,

Using your bios with a few mods for allowing 1.31V I managed to do some bench runs and these G1 cards are beasts

Single
http://www.3dmark.com/fs/5757415

SLI
http://www.3dmark.com/fs/5766294

Using your v4beta for gaming at 1490 / 2000.

thumb.gif

Thanks for the feedback!!
Holy Benchmark!! (Click to show)
WOW!!! Look at those scores!!!!

You may have the thread record!! tongue.gif

Your avatar is appropriate! thumb.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by illusion1 View Post

Sigh, spoke too soon. The problem came back, I think I didn't push my card enough when I thought that the issue was fixed. I'm attaching a log, if you could please give it a look!

GPU-ZSensorLog.zip 2k .zip file

I took a look at the log, I can see that you did have a 100Mhz throttle occur which is a sign the card wasn't happy. I have seen that happen when the GPU is just simply being pushed too hard. It may not necessarily be your GPU, it could be other PCB components limiting you. Each card is different. I would recommend you lower your overclock to say 1530, test to make sure everything is good, and then bump it up +20Mhz at a time as far as you can go until the issue appears again. Your temps look OK your fan was wide open but if you notice at the end you started getting a "4 Perfcap".

This is what it means:
Reliability. Indicating perf is limited by reliability voltage = NV_GPU_PERF_POLICY_ID_SW_RELIABILITY = 4,

2015-08-20 09:09:11 , 1605.8 , 1927.8 , 70.0 , 100 , 3022 , 1971 , 98 , 36 , 0 , 0 , 110.1 , 0 , 1.2750 ,
2015-08-20 09:09:12 , 1504.5 , 1927.8 , 70.0 , 100 , 3029 , 1971 , 98 , 35 , 0 , 0 , 109.0 , 4 , 1.2750 ,

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDShatter View Post

No good on my GPU.

Reverted back to the GIgabyte F4 bios because this bios only gives me ~20-30Mhz depending on the game/benchmark boost over that before artifacts appear and that was only testing a few games/benchmarks and requires much more voltage for the same clocks on my card (200mhz higher at the same voltage on gigabytes). Also my card is pretty much silent on the Gigabyte supplied F4 and loud as hell on this.

Specs: EVGA 1300w G2, Asus X99 deluxe and a 5820k.

I was able to get 1527 on stock bios, tested for several weeks so I can confirm its pretty stable. This only got me to 1555 at best and that got artifacts in the witcher 3 so I dialed it down a little to get it to run with no issues. FPS and temps in the witcher 3 were the exact same, only noticeable difference was the stock bios the 980ti is almost silent and on this it sounds almost as bad as a fermi card/290x reference cooler. On this bios that was with memory set 200mhz lower than the gigabyte too since raising it to what I used on that was crashing windows.

I also tested this bios on my last 980ti which only could get to 1480 stable on the F3 bios, but this got it up to 1540.

Thanks for the feedback. Fan speed is something you need to tweak, we'll never get one setting that suits everything. Custom fan curves sound like what you would need to suit your personal preference, not really necessary to change the entire BIOS for a fan reason but that's up to you of course. +20/+30 Mhz is more than some others get, that's not bad. The GM200's don't seem to need as much voltage as GM204 overall in general, meaning that LESS people need MORE VOLTAGE to overclock higher. 1500Mhz is excellent regardless of STOCK or MOD BIOS, a BIOS can't make magic happen smile.gif

If you read the release notes there are multiple benefits of the tweaked BIOS, arguably one of the MOST popular features is the virtual elimination of throttling. The increased power will also help prevent throttling, etc. but at the end of the day it is what you like best smile.gif Thanks for trying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonie View Post

Hi,

Card 1:

Card 2:

Thanks

Spoonie.

Hi there and welcome! I keep most of the common stuff in the OP and I see someone helped you out (Thanks Robertr1!)

If you have any questions, just ask! smile.gif

NVFLASH -i0 -6 nameof.rom
= GPU 1
NVFLASH -i1 -6 nameof.rom
= GPU 2
NVFLASH -i2 -6 nameof.rom
= GPU 3
NVFLASH -i3 -6 nameof.rom
= GPU 4

-i1 is short for --INDEX=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfinch View Post

Hey guys,

i got a simple question:

how do you change the color scheme if your not using oc guru ... or does oc guru save the scheme to the bios/flash of the card?! smile.gif

As far as I know, you can't. I wish they would release a stand-alone app that does this.[/I][/B] Geforce experience can mess with the pattern but not the color. I actually started to try and hack the colors but didn't get anywhere. I thought of using "CHEAT ENGINE" to capture the color change commands in memory or something but lately cheat engine is bundled with Malware so forget it.

Wonder if anyone else has any ideas? I suspect technically the default color should be hackable in the BIOS itself... find WHITE, replace with BLUE or whatever...

GIGABYTE GTX 9xx G1 GAMING BIOS Tweaking
  ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=༼ຈل͜ຈ༽=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿  
░▒▓│ FORKAY‼ «  » WΘΘT ‼ │▓▒░
Xeon E5-1680 V2 (IVY-E) Inside

post #1849 of 7850 (permalink) Old 08-20-2015, 03:42 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laithan View Post

Sure I can add that advice, thanks!
Thanks for the feedback!!
Holy Benchmark!! (Click to show)
WOW!!! Look at those scores!!!!

You may have the thread record!! tongue.gif

Your avatar is appropriate! thumb.gif

Hes got me beat by 4 points on the graphics score http://www.3dmark.com/fs/5606972 if only i was on an x99 platform for benchmarking where my 4770k does admirably but Haswell-E crushes it. If only I edited more videos and had more multithreaded workloads then I could justify the switch to myself but I just cant smile.gif. Thats a damn impressive overclock you have on your 5930k too.

CPU i7 4770k (4.5ghz) CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken x61 RAM Kingston HyperX Beast 16gb 1866mhz GPU 980ti G1 Gaming (1556 air) Storage Samsung 840 evo 250gb (boot) Seagate 2tb 7200rpm (main) Mobo ASUS Sabertooth z87 PSU EVGA 850w B2
post #1850 of 7850 (permalink) Old 08-20-2015, 04:07 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 1)
GTX-Led can be altered by MSI-Kombustor.

And yeah, Cheat Engine comes with some Add-Ware, but it is possible to skip the installation of these.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in